Custom Roll Hoops

• Does anyone really think the current roll bars will protect you in a roll? You have to carry motorcycle insurance, not auto insurance...

it has actually been proven that they will, up to now I have seen/heard of 3 roll overs and the hoops have held up with nothing other than a few scrapes.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• WraithSS very sorry if my response came off wrong. What I was trying to say and what Dave made more clear is why a large scale offering by a manufacturer may not be possible for some. That is all. Small scale runs like this are the only way I see it possible.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Does anyone really think the current roll bars will protect you in a roll? You have to carry motorcycle insurance, not auto insurance...

Ask this guy .....

How your Slingshot is registered in your state motorcycle/autocycle/auto determines the type of policy you can carry ....

ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• you raise an interesting question and I would like to know what if any testing is done, but I have to add that I dont see how the insurance carriers would ever know - even if you flipped do you think someone would show up to examine it and check this?

Since insurance companies hate to pay out a nickel.....if a sharp eyed adjuster notices it...you’re probably screwed...especially if you died....

Get this guy to test them....

• insurance companies hate to pay out a nickel.....if a sharp eyed adjuster notices it...you’re probably screwed...especially if you died....

If I died I dont think I would care much about what the adjuster noticed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• If they deny the claim there ain’t no money to have a party with.....

And it was a joke....

no worries I knew you were just having fun, plus if my Sara chooses to have a party she will not need any extra insurance money - Filipinos know how to party even when there isnt money :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think a big part is being missed. These will not be mass produced. There is no trying to make a few bucks on these. After this initial set there won't be any more.

Since this is now the second time on this forum that I have tried to bring a product not of my own to this group. The first time being told by a forum vendor, " oh, we have something just like that coming out soon", which never happened mind you. Now this from forum vendors as well.

Needless to same I'm done. These will not be offered and I'll just keep the one off set. I'll let the the manufacturer know that there is lack of interest due to liability. Thanks for your time.

Like Ruptured Duck said earlier, I hope what I said did not come across in the wrong way also, I would hate to see a nice guy like you end up in a tough legal situation while trying to help out the community though.

If the company you are working with really wants to move forward with these, I would tell them to give a call and talk to these guys -

http://www.bethania-garage.com/contact.htm

They make the most common aftermarket roll bars for Miata's and have been around for a long time. They also make roll bars for the newer Miata's and in that case, replace the current roll protection from Mazda like what you are describing. They might be able to give a better understanding of what is needed from a legal and safety aspect to make sure everything goes smooth.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• It's fine guys. I nor the company building the hoops wants to go through a ton of back and forth for an extremely limited run of these hoops.

This company http://www.rrtautomotive.com has themselves covered:

"In no case shall RRT, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licencors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law." - an expert from their site.

I've personally used RRT for two roll cages before which is why I've gone to them again. When confronted with the conversations from this group the owner simply replied. "No problem, this will be a one off set."

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Would still love to have one. Unfortunately with my products I'm stuck with the OE hoops.

Really want to see what you have. The ability to use the lower trim is great!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: