Dust Off That Powder Blue Tuxedo ..... It's Homecoming Time

• I made it home, chavey2 and I hit some thunderstorms in Arkansas that made the ride a bit cooler and eventful. He's got a couple of more hours to go.

Great video Guardian_Angel

Yep, just right at the TexArkana area. Hit some rain 5 or 6 times but just for a mile at a time. We would get rained on, then dry out, then get wet again, then dry out, then wet, then dry - you get the idea. And it just so happened that wokka was driving at this time so I spent almost all of it just trying to protect my stereo! Felt pretty funny sitting there getting soaked while trying to keep the head unit dry. But I saved it! That's what's important.

And now those thunderstorms are here in Austin. My lunch is a Mtn Dew and a small bag of Doritos from the vending machine because I don't want to go out to get lunch in the rain.

• I'd also like to say - I personally was nervous about the event being on company property, trash being left, or property destroyed, blaring music - like there can be at other events with 400-500 slingshots..It almost unavoidable with a group that size... but I talked to Steve about it, and told him - how well this event goes will be the measuring stick used for future events.

I am very proud of everyone for being respectful on the property - you don't realize how big of deal this was for Polaris to open their doors to a group of this size... I wasn't the only employee nervous, I can assure you.

I didn't see anything that would prevent Polaris from considering future events with the SOG's ...

I only heard of one individual on a VIP tour that reportedly kept hounding the tour guide for 2020 info.. but that was a rumor that came from the shop floor - and sometimes shop floor talk can turn a 6 inch bass into a 12 inch bass..... so to speak. I'm not even sure if that really happened.

I heard that the Highway Department in Huntsville is already in negotiations with RABTECH for him to finish his seal coating of the highway in front of Polaris before next years event

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• What an awesome event! Guardian_Angel it’s all about respect, We respect Polaris, their property, their rules and the environment y’all work in. I think for the most part that was accomplished. The folks in town were great too!

I for one wouldn’t want to be the Turd head that could messed it up...that would be a selfish act!

• I've never won any money on the lottery, so I figured my luck wasn't meant to be attached to wealth. Then on the way home from Huntsville, it all changed. I ended up bringing home a NEW GREY SLINGSHOT!! I wasn't even looking for one, but sometimes you just run into deals that are too good not to take advantage of. I know Wingshot is going to say "Pics or it didn't happen". So all you naysayers, just scroll down and see my new slingshot. It's going to need some mods to function the way I want it to, but heck, I can deal with that in due time.

It was just there for the taking. So I guess if I dollar cost average my two slingshots, the average investments in the pair makes it a more reasonable investment

• The Homecoming was a success in every way. It was hot.... we had storms..... we were exhausted - but with family there, all that did not matter! Every employee at the factory was family. Every visitor was family. Every Vendor was family. Every owner as well. Now, that’s a Homecoming!

Does it really matter that every Vendor in the U.S. wasn’t there? Does it really matter that there was not the hour long wait in the hot sun to follow the leader on a group ride? Does it really matter that it didn’t cost you $100+ to just sign up? Does it really matter that everyone who wanted in could get in? Does it really matter that we tried to add value to the event shirts instead of offering the “shrinking cotton built in heater shirts”? Does it really matter that our emphasis was on friends and family rather than how much money we could pick from your pocket? I say “Hell No”!

5:00 AM until 9:00 PM tends to pull away one’s humor but every minute spent working toward this goal was worth it. Meeting friends and putting faces to names was great. Finding out that they have the passion I have was even better.

Guardian_Angel and airoutlaw were both so much help to us. Steve was so quiet and reserved but seemed to be where we needed someone without hesitation. Thank you!

exharleyrider was everything I expected..... and more! HeRSling was AWESOME! She made complicated work look like a walk in the park! Fantastic Girl!

So many others to thank as well but Ross and Slingrazor are at the top. So much “Behind the scenes” work.... You can’t imagine what it takes to pull something like this off!

Thanks to all who attended and look forward to seeing you at our future events. Remember.... it’s not about them..... it’s about you!

• Just goes to show that you never know what might happen when you're driving out in the "sticks"

• To the old friends that I saw again at Homecoming, and the new friends I met, I'd like to say "thank you" and "sorry" in the same sentence. I'm grateful for the little time that I spent with you and sorry that there was not more. Those were some long days and short nights and when I finally did hit the hotel, I was beat. The BOD did learn a lot at this event and I hope that at least most of you were pleased. Our intent was never to get into your pockets just to make a buck. The money you spent was entirely your option. The entire purpose was to bring folks with a common love together. No there really was no concrete plan, no band, no entertainment, no planned rides. All that adds cost and those of you who wanted to ride had plenty of opportunities. I got there on Tuesday and in 5 days only put 75 miles on my Sling and some of that was by other people. I'm not complaining, but don't be surprised if we ask for help on the next one. We would have been lost without Patty Barnes and Danna Fullen. All those forms you had to fill out weren't ours. You can thank the legal department at Polaris for those. In the next few days the bills will come in and be paid then we will know how much we will be donating to charity and we will fill you in on that number.

Dave

SOG Treasurer

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I can't speak for everyone, but those who were in Huntsville and didn't have a great time really didn't try. This was one of the lest stressful and drama free rally I've been to. If only the skies stayed a tad drier and the heat was less oppressive, it would have been perfect. Compliments to all who attended and extreme thanks to all those who put in the many thankless hours of behind the scenes work to get this event happen. I'm looking forward to the next SOG event wherever that may be since they've set the bar way up there. The best thing about having a poor memory (besides being able to hide your own Easter eggs) is getting the meet the new friends you've already met before as well as the real new ones. We actually went out to dinner Friday night and had 2 groups of 2 each join in with us. Friends we never knew will now be friends we'll want to see. All because of the planning and dedication of the SOG leaders. Thanks guys. I for one appreciate all you do for us and I wish I knew all who did help so I could thank you all. But the important thing is you know who you are and you have my thanks and respect for putting yourself out there and making this one for the books. Thanks again

• Echo many of the same sentiments posted... had a great time! Had some of the best vendors in the SS community there! Chose to take a long ride on Friday and missed out on a lot back at Polaris, may have done that different. Was great visiting and meeting folks in the evening back at the DoubleTree! Certainly had a family reunion type atmosphere. Greatly appreciate all the hard work the SOG folks put into making this happen, looking forward to the next one! Oh sure there was a bump or two here and there, it was the first event, that's gonna happen... all in all for an inaugural event I thought SOG hit it out of the park! Thanks for the ride Trent!

• Is there going to be a photo gallery of all the photos from Homecoming? Or is this like Vegas?

I am working on an album.. been collecting photos taken from both sides if the fence... will finish it up early AM after I get off work. Got some awesome photo contributions.... 🙌

The regular ones are the ones I made... 😪

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I am working on an album.. been collecting photos taken from both sides if the fence... will finish it up early AM after I get off work. Got some awesome photo contributions.... 🙌

The regular ones are the ones I made... 😪

You the official man for this idea, can’t wait. Just wish I could have been there, but was not in cards this time.

Keep Three Wheels Down