Dust Off That Powder Blue Tuxedo ..... It's Homecoming Time

• I can tell you the feedback I heard was positive... the employees enjoyed getting out and seeing the slingshots up close and personal for the voting.... not all of them received wooden chips, that wasn't SOG's fault; it was communicated too late in the day as to where the employees needed to go to get the chips before the vote. They certainly enjoyed the scenery while catching some food off the food trucks, a few of them weren't shy about wanting a ride, and the SOG's / Rabtech, Funcycle, and a few others gladly obliged..

It was all the talk on the shop floor at weeks end... I don't believe they really expected it to be that big of a deal.. And whether they just passed by without saying a word - when a person is able to SEE people enjoying and having fun with these things THEIR hands put together... it adds a sense of pride at the end of day.

Polaris created a central theme for the employees, " Work Hard, Play Hard "... The gentlemen in Slingshots leading the ride out today were Polaris employees... central to the Slingshot specifically - so you tell me.... do YOU think the SOG's, the Slingshot Vendors products, The White Beast, the customized slingshots and the passionate people behind the wheels gave them a sense of renewed pride? Justified their countless hours of work building something that people enjoy so much? Did this inspire and re-ignite their passions for what they do??

I don't even think I have to tell you the answer. We don't live in an area where Slingshots are common on the roads... hard to be passionate about your work when you don't get to see it outside of the plant much..

just to note... on the way home, a gentleman in a car stopped next to us at a redlight, 2 guys leaning to see - "Hey what it that, a Honda?" Not sure if that was condescension from a Harley fan or not.... but, Steve answered, they asked what kind of engine... 4 cylinder ecotech... swapped a few more Q and A's with the two; and then the 4 door sedan tried its damndest to beat us off the light...

:D

.... too bad they don't understand power to weight ratio's.

I looked back and hollered... " What?? I can't hear you back there!"

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• I'd also like to say - I personally was nervous about the event being on company property, trash being left, or property destroyed, blaring music - like there can be at other events with 400-500 slingshots..It almost unavoidable with a group that size... but I talked to Steve about it, and told him - how well this event goes will be the measuring stick used for future events.

I am very proud of everyone for being respectful on the property - you don't realize how big of deal this was for Polaris to open their doors to a group of this size... I wasn't the only employee nervous, I can assure you.

I didn't see anything that would prevent Polaris from considering future events with the SOG's ...

I only heard of one individual on a VIP tour that reportedly kept hounding the tour guide for 2020 info.. but that was a rumor that came from the shop floor - and sometimes shop floor talk can turn a 6 inch bass into a 12 inch bass..... so to speak. I'm not even sure if that really happened.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• What a blast... we came back from a spirited ride but LONG ride without a bathroom break😬 🤯 😱 🤪

This is our warmest wishes for all a safe return home. Thank you for a wonderful event, and for sharing the love and excitement with those that needed to see it the most.

Goodbye for now... We love this slingshot family...

Why did I know about this ride

• Just my impression as a participant.

Can't speak for the organizers, mediators, and management.

Probably be a little while before all the bits and pieces are added up and we can see the numbers.

As a group of Slingshot owners, I think we were pretty well behaved and the our enthusiasm for the vehicle could not be missed.

Employees from all areas of the plant were able to come out and visit with us. Place a vote for best Sling. Catch a ride. Many of the assemblers have never seen a Slingshot on the road. Imagine the grin on that face when we said thank you.

A lot of video coverage was made of the event...

From the owners side, it will be from the exterior...

Friends, rides, vendors, Slings, and parking areas.

Polaris recorded video and pics of the event and we will have to wait for those authorized releases.

Some folks expected more.

Probably due to the pay events of previous experience.

Overall, I think it was a good showing for both Polaris and owners. We will all have to wait and see how Polaris digests this event. Hopefully, we were well received and the benefits from this SOG event will bring better backing to Club Slingshot.

Guardian_Angel and I had a blast. Loved watching the Slingshot assembly. Meeting new faces from the forum. Hooking up with folks from previous events. Seeing everybody's ride up close and shooting the breeze.

Thank you SOG (Slingshot Owner's Group) for pulling this together.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• How did people on the inside react? Did Polaris appreciate the event? Any response from higher ups about our SS family?

All the plant folks that we met were awe struck by what we owners have done with their product. They really like what many of us have done. I think we have boosted their moral considerably. At least I hope so.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Why did I know about this ride

I didn't know about until 30 seconds before my butt hit the seat.... why didn't we see anybody when drove back to say goodbye?? Cruising the parking lot FULL of empty slingshots... and not nare a body except for vendors who were closing up shop... missed riding thursday, and friday... I had to get in at least ONE group ride during this event... I'm sorry... my brain doesn't....HEY LOOK!!! THERE GOES A SQUIRREL!!!!!

• For the SOG Board Members - Thank you. This video will also be posted to Publicly to Polaris Industries workplace for employees to view. If you had any doubt if they enjoyed your event.... here is your answer.

Just to note - I asked permission for clips in this video.

Ross

Slingrazor

Painter

SlingRider

dangerdarrell

ericastar76

MACAWS

DKF Texas

adventure4me

bjk81

Jdin

Nemesis1701

Edited 5 times, last by Guardian_Angel: Damn Squirrels! ().

• Why did I know about this ride

It happened so quick...

You pulled into the wash station and I got pushed behind a steering wheel!

I swear she had a gun!

By the time I figured out that it was just a hairbrush, I had been sucked up into the vortex of four Slingshots with three pushin'. There was just no way out.

Kudos to Polaris ride leaders.

And to those we rode with

Goats_Hogs and missus, ThomSS , Mississipp59 , Bu11sh1t , EjFord , and wokka

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Through the work of the Owners Board, loyalty of the Owners, and the Trust of the Vendors, the Homecoming was able to happen.

Thank you for the video of the Homecoming. This is what we found ariving at the factory Saturday morning after 60 to 70 MPH winds Friday night. Every canopy was was destroyed with one over 500 feet away on the other side of the factory.

With help from Polaris on the clean up and the resolve of the vendors, we were up and running when the Slings rolled in.

Thank you to everyone who helped make the event a success.

Created by Owners

For Owners and Inovators

Not for Profit

• Absolutely an awesome video Guardian_Angel !!!!

• Little rain early in the day...mostly 30 miles of just wet road....than dry ---- few traffic hang ups... (Indiana two seasons --- winter and construction) 3 miles from home started a light rain...got in the garage before all H--- broke loose. All is good.

THANKS SOG Board for a great event...

• It was a great time, even with the great Alabama weather throwing a monkey wrench in every now and then.

Here are all of my pics, unedited, no clue how they will look on a bigger screen. Enjoy them or use them if you want.

https://imgur.com/a/Kr8rzoV

What! You road with me for >1700 miles and I only get 2 pics of my Sling??