Dust Off That Powder Blue Tuxedo ..... It's Homecoming Time

• Thought it might be helpful to share some ride routes for Homecoming. You can find them on our website at https://www.slingshotownersgroup.com/letsride

Better yet, if you use FURKOT for your trip planning you can download the rides to your Garmin, TomTom, or other navigation device by clicking on PLAN WITH FURKOT then logging into your FURKOT account. Once the route displays you can export by clicking on TRIP and then the up arrow for EXPORT. The file will download and you can add it like you would normally add a trip to your navigation device. Kinda of a cool option

If you try it out, let us know what you think.

Edited once, last by Ross ().

• Can we do an 'old fashion' paper map...???

• So I'm still catching up on this thread as I don't have social media and have been busy trying to help others get their slingshot ready for homecoming. I haven't been able to vent my frustration like the social media nuts. So here we go.

My thoughts are this... I shouldn't have to pay for the VIP. If I'm a VIP you should pay me for gracing you with my presence.

I'm so agitated that I can't drink and shoot my firearm on the premises. While I've never smoked, I wanted to start at homecoming so that's like 3 strikes.

Food truck?! This is a free event. Why should I pay for food. At absolute minimum this should be fully catered... with open bar(to go with my smoking and firearm of course)

Homecoming king and queen? I get a participation trophy at everything I do in life. Why should this be different? Trophy should be 3 foot tall minimum. I'll give my address. SOG can cover shipping.

Raffle? Should be 2020 slingshot to be given away for free that day. Anything else is unacceptable. Taxes to be paid by SOG of course.

Show and shine? That means I "show" up and somebody will "shine" my slingshot, correct?

And lastly the hotel discount was ridiculous. It should have been atleast 95% off...

There... now I feel better. :00000004:

• Glad SOG could make you feel better - please wait AT the front door for your gifts to arrive

• Ok ok. Now in all seriousness. Really looking forward to the homecoming. Most unfortunately wasn't sure until last week if I'd be able to make it so missed out on reserving the free tour, grabbing a shirt, or getting a discounted hotel.

So you know what no tour, full price hotel, and I'll be shirtless(j/k. Wouldn't put everybody thru that) but I'm still really looking forward to it. If I happen to get lucky enough to get the VIP tour and contribute to a great charity even better. Excited to pick up where I left off meeting everybody in maggie valley and hopefully putting even more faces to the names. Wouldn't miss the hopefully first of many homecomings! Thanks in advance to SOG for getting this together and all you guys and gals have done putting in the hardwork so we can have a good time!

On a side note, since I'm kinda on the unofficial free tour wait list. If anybody on social media with their panties in a bunch that registered early want to cancel I will gladly take your free tour and hotel discount! :thumbsup:

• Ok ok. Now in all seriousness. Really looking forward to the homecoming. Most unfortunately wasn't sure until last week if I'd be able to make it so missed out on reserving the free tour, grabbing a shirt, or getting a discounted hotel.

So you know what no tour, full price hotel, and I'll be shirtless(j/k. Wouldn't put everybody thru that) but I'm still really looking forward to it. If I happen to get lucky enough to get the VIP tour and contribute to a great charity even better. Excited to pick up where I left off meeting everybody in maggie valley and hopefully putting even more faces to the names. Wouldn't miss the hopefully first of many homecomings! Thanks in advance to SOG for getting this together and all you guys and gals have done putting in the hardwork so we can have a good time!

On a side note, since I'm kinda on the unofficial free tour wait list. If anybody on social media with their panties in a bunch that registered early want to cancel I will gladly take your free tour and hotel discount! :thumbsup:

Connect with me Friday morning....I'm sure we'll be able to help with the free tour and maybe even a t-shirt - you can try the host hotel and ask for Iris - I think they only have king sized beds available

• Connect with me Friday morning....I'm sure we'll be able to help with the free tour and maybe even a t-shirt - you can try the host hotel and ask for Iris - I think they only have king sized beds available

I didn't ask for Iris but was told it's full

• Connect with me Friday morning....I'm sure we'll be able to help with the free tour and maybe even a t-shirt - you can try the host hotel and ask for Iris - I think they only have king sized beds available

I'll get with you regardless. Looking forward to meeting you. You've already done more than enough but it's greatly appreciated. I'm just glad to have got a room. They said they would contact me and transfer my room if one in the homecoming block opens up. I'm not worried about it though. Unfortunately we can't stay for the entire event and will have to head out earlier in the day Saturday. Taking the kids to monster jam here in nashville Saturday night and got tickets earlier in the year before homecoming was announced. But will be there for as much as we can and wouldn't miss it.

• I really wish I could make this event...there was a small chance I was going to be in Huntsville for work and I would have been able to drive down but that didn't happen. I wanted to really get out there and meet everyone. Looks like a good show...

With that being said...seeing some of the people's attitudes on facebook on how they are promoting this event...I don't get the feeling you want people there. The choice of words are counterproductive to running a successful event. Comparing this event to other promoters shows doesn't exactly show camaraderie or a sense of community. I really hope this is successful because more shows is always a better thing for a niche community.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...