Dust Off That Powder Blue Tuxedo ..... It's Homecoming Time

• Dude! I don't have to take you up on that to know that you're awesome. We are going to play things by ear and if we end up in different rigs it just means we get to know someone else a little better. Thank you, thank you!

I'm going to go practice my burnouts...

Just leave me enough tire to get home on, about 863 miles worth. That's all I ask:thumbsup:

• Thanks for your support Panda - as always, it is appreciated

Now that all the info is on the table, I plan to put in for the floor tour. I'm not sure what the uproar is all about (my wife tells me TwitFace has it's panties in a bunch) except, I guess, the way this was introduced as Flybuddy pointed out above. Just think of it as a donation to a worthy cause with a bonus! Nothing else that has been presented to us by the Board has been changed and nothing has been taken away. They can't call all of the shots as it has been previously pointed out. Let's roll with it and make this a killer inaugural event for SOG! (Insert theme song here.)

Thank you sir

• Dude! I don't have to take you up on that to know that you're awesome. We are going to play things by ear and if we end up in different rigs it just means we get to know someone else a little better. Thank you, thank you!

I'm going to go practice my burnouts...

We've got a ride ready and waiting for you and no one will be out of a spot

• Yes, the plant has the challenge of previously dealing with giving tours to people who harmlessly or intentionally leaked. Tours of 12 is more easily monitored. Polaris has been burned by such tours - Can Am affiliates and other competitors always itching to get inside during a tour... they have the leading edge on the competition - and will do what it takes to protect that. The shop floor has cameras, And with the groups going thru the floor or at the catwalk - those cameras will be watching, so if you pull your phone out of your pocket on the production floor - pretty sure your Polaris tour will be over.. best to keep any and all phones out of sight.

rabtech , I didnt mean to exclude the work you put in for last years get together plant tour event but this is a lot different, and Polaris is nervous of what the possible ramifications of this might entail with all the happenings on company property.

Last year the group was smaller, and it was also done on a Saturday when the Slingshot line was the ONLY line running inside the plant, and models being produced were previously released.

They now will have to change up the production schedule to ensure premature release of the 2020 products do not happen.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• NOW.... Steve and I are going to checkout SIX MILE CREEK ROAD, INDIAN HILLS ROAD, AND WILHITES ROAD.... 😁

Send a text or post a message if you have a road you need checked out

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Yes, the plant has the challenge of previously dealing with giving tours to people who harmlessly or intentionally leaked. Tours of 12 is more easily monitored. Polaris has been burned by such tours - Can Am affiliates and other competitors always itching to get inside during a tour... they have the leading edge on the competition - and will do what it takes to protect that. The shop floor has cameras, And with the groups going thru the floor or at the catwalk - those cameras will be watching, so if you pull your phone out of your pocket on the production floor - pretty sure your Polaris tour will be over.. best to keep any and all phones out of sight.

rabtech , I didnt mean to exclude the work you put in for last years get together plant tour event but this is a lot different, and Polaris is nervous of what the possible ramifications of this might entail with all the happenings on company property.

Last year the group was smaller, and it was also done on a Saturday when the Slingshot line was the ONLY line running inside the plant, and models being produced were previously released.

They now will have to change up the production schedule to ensure premature release of the 2020 products do not happen.

I think you are trying to give me credit for the small group that toured last year. I unfortunately cant even take credit for that. I cant actually remember who put that gathering together.

But I do know they are serious about their secrets. I mean they take this shit to a whole other level. And truthfully I'm sure if they carry the secretive process to 110% they can probably achieve 80% of that goal. Which is pretty good.

• NO! I go out of my way to do the right thing. You are making a judgement call about something that you know nothing about.

Sorry. That wasn't aimed at you. I was talking about the FB folks. Some of them were very vocal.

Besides, you're one of the people I want to meet.

• Just a comment as I’ve been too busy to read up on the Forum....

Polaris is not accustomed to working with groups so they have a tendency to hold back things until the last minute. Charging a fee for VIP tours was NOT our idea! It was the Plant manager who stuck his neck out to offer these tours to help raise money for the kids! And, even though it was mentioned earlier on, it was not approved until shortly before the announcement.

Free tours were limited in numbers by the factory.... not us. Also, I don’t believe the Free Tours consist of just watching a video but even if that is all I see, I will better understand what goes in this machine. Ross and Trent have done an amazing job in getting access to the factory at all. They were VERY HESITANT about allowing anyone inside due to new model changes and past problems with Assholes!

Realize that ANY COMPANY will or will not give tours. However, I know of NO company giving tours while model changes are occurring!

Why is it a great idea to go to the Huntsville Homecoming? Because you are surrounded by Owners with only Owner’s interests in mind and not people trying to make a buck. We support Owners and Vendors and Charities. You will be at the “Birthplace” of the Slingshot and what better place to have a “Homecoming”? You will mingle with employees, see what you’ve not seen, visit with friends and make new ones.

Will there be “hiccups”?.... I’m sure. It may be hot.... it may be cold.....you may wish you threw in a folding chair, tables may be lacking, the food may not meet your Lactose Intolerant needs, there may be insects and much more. BUT THERE IS NO OTHER PLACE I WOULD RATHER BE!

We try to attend to everyone in making this a great experience. We don’t charge anything to come and we provide as much as we are able. Not a dime of profit is made by SOG. Unfortunately, there may be a very few who will not appreciate a gift of a brand new Slingshot because it’s not the color they had in mind! There may be a very few who feel entitled at others’ expense. For those... I cannot help you.

We are doing this for YOU! We didn’t have to but it was a passion for the community that led us to this point. If you needed something.... It was given. If you needed a hand....It was lent. If you had a problem..... It was fixed. These are the people putting this together for you!

Over the years I’ve learned about those who feel people are there to fulfill their every need at their every whim. They feel “entitled” and give very little in return. THAT IS NOT WHAT OUR COMMUNITY SHOLD BE! “No Good Deed Goes Unpunished” MUST be replaced with “No Good Deed Goes Unnoticed”!!!

Shame on the bashing! Shame on the insults! Shame on the “Users”!

If you ask anything of me, I will try my best. If you need something, I will try to get it. If you broke something, I will try to fix it. All I’ve EVER asked, is that you do the same to Pay It Forward. Don’t lose this folks. It’s what makes us unique and worthwhile!