New 1320 Header (2nd Edition)

• I have been told that the lst 1320 performance header is not recommended with a turbo since it is made of 304 Stainless which is prone to crack under heat related stress. Now that 1320 has come out with their 2nd edition header mainly meant for aftermarket exhausts and turbos, I was wondering if anyone has any initial feedback on it. 1320 has certainly came out with a very reasonable price for it and I like to think they did their homework before making it available. I personally would like to stay with the turbo manufacturer I have but if this header works, it certainly will gain some interest and sales due to their reasonable price. It appears that the 1320 header has worked fine with NA engines so maybe this turbo one will work great for the folks who manufacturer SS turbos. Thoughts??

• 1320 header is not designed for any turbo setup so custom routing piping just to utilize a header that is not developed with the angles and room for a turbo setup is not ideal period. I imagine the header would perform well itself, it just doesn't make sense to try and fab up a turbo to attach to this header.

• 1320 header is not designed for any turbo setup so custom routing piping just to utilize a header that is not developed with the angles and room for a turbo setup is not ideal period. I imagine the header would perform well itself, it just doesn't make sense to try and fab up a turbo to attach to this header.

The header takes up the same space, has the same angles, and mounting flange as the stock exhaust manifold so as far as fitment it would be plug and play with any turbo system designed to work with the stock manifold ..... check with your turbo system manufacturer regarding tuning ....

It is also recommended for NA use with unsupported exhaust systems (those that hang just from the header with no or little bracing) since its tubing is thicker and welds beefed up.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Orangeman is correct and at this time, the only company of the "big boys" that does use the oe exhaust manifold with their turbo system is Alpha. They use an adapter plate on the bottom to adapt the exhaust flange to the turbo flange. They have since changed their systems to some extent, and Henry would be the best to explain what changes were made and why. They too offer a header to go with their turbo systems, so you do have another option. It all depends on what system you're thinking of using.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Folks: I have the Alpha St 2 turbo and love it. However, getting more air thru the exhaust would be a nice benefit at a reasonable price. The thoughts I am having is the 1320 appears to be a great price for $395 versus $900 for the Alpha header. The price is a no brainer but the question remains, is this 1320 Edition 2 a good, reliable, and durable product since they did not state on their website what kind of stainless steel they used for this new header? They used 304 stainless steel for the 1st edition which would is not durable for a Hahn or Alpha turbo. I know that no one at this time has the answer but maybe Alpha, Hahn, 1320 can add some feedback. Who knows, maybe Henry will come down on his header price if this one works. Do not get me wrong, I certainly would prefer to stay with Alpha for the header setup.

I thought I had put this thread on the Turbo only forum but it appeared on the Discussion forum. Oh well, I am listed as a beginner.

• Folks: I have the Alpha St 2 turbo and love it. However, getting more air thru the exhaust would be a nice benefit at a reasonable price. The thoughts I am having is the 1320 appears to be a great price for $395 versus $900 for the Alpha header. The price is a no brainer but the question remains, is this 1320 Edition 2 a good, reliable, and durable product since they did not state on their website what kind of stainless steel they used for this new header? They used 304 stainless steel for the 1st edition which would is not durable for a Hahn or Alpha turbo. I know that no one at this time has the answer but maybe Alpha, Hahn, 1320 can add some feedback. Who knows, maybe Henry will come down on his header price if this one works. Do not get me wrong, I certainly would prefer to stay with Alpha for the header setup.

I thought I had put this thread on the Turbo only forum but it appeared on the Discussion forum. Oh well, I am listed as a beginner.

The main reason I put the Alpha header on my Alpha turbo was to remove the adapter plate. Unless the 1320 header is a 4 bolt and made to fit the Alpha turbo after removing the adapter plate it wont work.

• The main reason I put the Alpha header on my Alpha turbo was to remove the adapter plate. Unless the 1320 header is a 4 bolt and made to fit the Alpha turbo after removing the adapter plate it wont work.

WingShot: If you got your Alpha header after your turbo was installed then maybe you can provide me with some insight on the following: (1) What benefits have you noticed with the Alpha Header other than it looking nice and spooling faster? (i.e. any noticeable changes in performance, MPG, sound) I am assuming you also had to get your ECM retuned by Bob and if so what did he charged you for the retune? Thanks

• The main reason I put the Alpha header on my Alpha turbo was to remove the adapter plate. Unless the 1320 header is a 4 bolt and made to fit the Alpha turbo after removing the adapter plate it wont work.

As mentioned the 1320 Header has the same flange as the stock manifold, in the exact same location, so would retain Alphas adapter plate and be a direct replacement for the stock unit ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• WingShot: If you got your Alpha header after your turbo was installed then maybe you can provide me with some insight on the following: (1) What benefits have you noticed with the Alpha Header other than it looking nice and spooling faster? (i.e. any noticeable changes in performance, MPG, sound) I am assuming you also had to get your ECM retuned by Bob and if so what did he charged you for the retune? Thanks

The performance increase comes from spooling faster and removing the adapter plate that reduces the exhaust flow. Less gas mileage because I cant keep from spooling up and tire wear is greater. It doesn't sound sound any different but I have the side exit and it is very quiet until high rpm and then is not annoying to the driver. The Ecm should be re-tuned or it might be running a little lean on upper end. You need to talk to Bob on pricing I am not sure what he charges. Cameron is running a Jon V header on his and its made for the Alpha turbo as well.