LED and LIGHT Bar crackdown

• When do you all think that LE is going to crack down on (daytime running) LEDs and light bars on Slingshots? The laws are written and are very clear for trucks and cars. If you are in a show or parked no problem we all know that.

• I think most LEO's have better things to do. In my experience, I've only gotten dinged for these kind of things when I was driving like an idiot and then smarted off like a punk after being pulled over.

As I got older, smarter, and a bit more respectful of the folks in blue (and the right bastard of a job they take on each day), I've had far fewer problems.

When I do my part at staying safe, I generally have very few problems with LEO's. I live in a small town (3500), Ruby is INSTANTLY recognizable. Every cop in the area knows who I am from a half-mile away - they also know I'm good about driving safely and that goes a long way.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I doubt that it will be addressed. We are a very small % bikes and are not obtrusive. Now if we become bothersome it may be addressed. Lights flashing and super bright will get law enforcements attention. I’ve seen big rigs and other motorcycles light up like Christmas trees. I have not heard any complaints. We need to be seen and we are lower causing a visibility issue for other drivers. Brightening our bikes makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Houston is getting pounded. Seen a few tickets issued there from posts on BookFace.

I personally do not get the fad of adding excessive lights all over the place... Speakers too. but to each their own.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Houston is getting pounded. Seen a few tickets issued there from posts on BookFace.

I personally do not get the fad of adding excessive lights all over the place... Speakers too. but to each their own.

I do not do the speakers and or the lights either. Not out to impress anyone. I did the car and motor cycle shows for years and sometime they did not even get cleaned up. I did the shows just to meet the people. At one time before 2005 I could have went to any of the larger shows in the USA and meet people that I had talked to somewhere else.

Someone high up in your city must have been offended by this and told the police to increase the enforcement. A few years ago, Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraygosa got hit by a car when riding his bicycle... traffic enforcement for bike lanes ensued and new bike lanes were installed, even new traffic laws enacted. :rolleyes:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• If they look like normal street vehicle lights and not something made for 4 wheeling in the woods or car show attractions, I don’t see a problem.

Most states have laws about driving with lights under your vehicles and specific colors on the front are banned. And you can’t go around deliberately blinding people with excessive lights.

My SS has additional lighting on the front and back. I want to be very visable to other drivers, day and night. I never turn off any lights. I do lots of daytime and nighttime driving and have never had people flash their high beams at me for blinding them. Never been stopped by LE.

I’ve had people in front of me pull over because they didn’t know what was behind them. Maybe for a better look. My SS has mysterious look along with what I’m wearing. Flat black futuristic helmet and mirrored goggles. I have no lights installed about the headlights only in the rear. Common sense should prevail as to lights and placement. None of mine are placed to blind people. Or to be a driving light show distraction. All of them are functional for normal street driving. My SS attracts plenty of attention if they aren’t busy texting instead of paying attention.