How to mount things to the roll bar

• For those of you that are handy with your hands and tools. On your roll bar you have these slots, so what you think about is a sandwich. Like for the top slot on the side, you would take two pieces of flat alum. 1/4 inch thick and cut 3/4 x 2 1/2 inch that will fit in that slot and for anything that you might want to mount you would drill a hole and or maybe thread the alum. the size that would take to mount whatever you want. Tools would be a drill motor with bits and maybe a tap, some type of saw and then a file to help clean up the edges. Paint to finish off. For me it would take maybe 15 minutes a pair to finish with the paint. A nice and cheap little project for when you want something to do.:)

• I think this sounds like a good idea and also something easy to do with the hand tools most of us probably have.

As a side note I think it might also be a good idea to put something to act as a cushion on the sides that press against the metal of the roll hoop to provide protection against making marks. Perhaps something like self stick pads

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think this sounds like a good idea and also something easy to do with the hand tools most of us probably have.

As a side note I think it might also be a good idea to put something to act as a cushion on the sides that press against the metal of the roll hoop to provide protection against making marks. Perhaps something like self stick pads

If they are cut right and the edges are finished and rounded that will not be a problem

• This is a great idea. It's very original. One thing to note, Those wanting to do the side plates, the slot is not the same width the entire length like the top slot. The side slot starts at a certain width at the bottom and tapers down as you go towards the top.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• This is a great idea. It's very original. One thing to note, Those wanting to do the side plates, the slot is not the same width the entire length like the top slot. The side slot starts at a certain width at the bottom and tapers down as you go towards the top.

And the upper slots are different from the lower slots. These are the mounting brackets that FunCycle developed. The 2 on the left are '15/'16 and the 2 on the right are '17/'18/'19. They fit the lower slots on the sides of the hoops. I do use a self-adhesive foam to protect the hoops. I have several extras of these that are powder coated black and others unfinished that I can pass on, but I would think that the lower slots are not ideal placement for a camera. ZZP's bracket seems to be the ticket for that.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• And the upper slots are different from the lower slots. These are the mounting brackets that FunCycle developed. The 2 on the left are '15/'16 and the 2 on the right are '17/'18/'19. They fit the lower slots on the sides of the hoops. I do use a self-adhesive foam to protect the hoops. I have several extras of these that are powder coated black and others unfinished that I can pass on, but I would think that the lower slots are not ideal placement for a camera. ZZP's bracket seems to be the ticket for that.

Each set of slots are different so you take a piece of card board and make you a pattern as to how you want it to look and fit. It is just an option to how easy some things are to make. If everything is bolted down as it should be nothing is going to vibrate or fall off. Do Not let some people BS you that this will not work.