Be nice to your neighbors

• As a Canadian I find it funny as hell to read some of the banter on the politics. Our side is no different. I fully believe that both sides need work on the political front. Trump or Trudeau? I don't agree with belittling any member whether you think they need it or not. Keep the thoughts to yourself and move on don't lower yourself and become one of them. Trolls will be just that looking for an argument. Let's get back to good discussions and a few good laughs and enjoy what brought us here. I lost interest in posting and contributing to the forum for awhile due to the constant bashing I was seeing and also the way my body was feeling before my surgery, just couldn't get into it but now feeling better and want to get back into it but want a friendly atmosphere to come back too. Cheers Gooseman

must be that Canadian maple syrup, that stuff will kill ya!:00008356:

• I have to throw this in - if you read the Politics Suck thread - 99% of the posts show an adult conversation with differing views on all sorts of politically related issues. Admittedly most of the members posting are conservative and we welcome dissenting opinions. Just because you do not agree with a members post does not make it “offensive or threatening”. After all we are all to old to be “snowflakes” :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Keep in mind that despite it being a pain in the wallet to send a tax payment in, keep in mind that it means you earned more money.:thumbsup:

yes, we did make more, and as a percentage of AGI we also paid less than BT (before Trump)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am quite sure that 99% of the time anyone posting in the political thread is laughing as they hit the reply button. It's a good read to brighten my day

Agreed - lookin forward to the Poconos and meetin ya there. I do know one thing. - Canadian or Vermont maple syrup is good - coonasses are lucky to have Log Cabin. I’ll bring the whiskey - Canadian and Kentucky - you guys bring the syrup and I’ll buy the pancakes !!! Just my part to promote Canadian/US relations :00008172:

• After all we are all to old to be “snowflakes”

I find that last comment offensive. It insinuates violence and is not needed. I'm going to start a movement for free mods. We have the right ,.. the human right, to be free from the tyranny and chains that keep,.... OK, I got nothing,... but old people still have something in common with snowflakes,.. we all wear diapers at some point

• Im going to tell y'all the same thing my dad used to tell my brother and I right after he used a 64" long and 3" inch wide leather belt to beat the shit out of us for arguing over who was next to play with the old Atari video game.

"you both better be happy and have a smile on your face when I come back into this room or i am going to whip you ass again. Now turn that damn game off and dry those tears up and get you asses in bed and go to sleep."8)8):D:D

• Im going to tell y'all the same thing my dad used to tell my brother and I right after he used a 64" long and 3" inch wide leather belt to beat the shit out of us for arguing over who was next to play with the old Atari video game.

"you both better be happy and have a smile on your face when I come back into this room or i am going to whip you ass again. Now turn that damn game off and dry those tears up and get you asses in bed and go to sleep."8)8):D:D

I LOVED playing Atari. My dad must have bought damn near every game ever made. We had 3-4 milk crates FULL of games. My mom was the one that handed out the beatings in our house. She ruled the place with a sickle and an iron hammer. You used to PRAY she would say wait till your father gets home. That was just the "I'm really disappointed in you speech" which, in hindsight, hurt just as bad as the frying pans and wooden spatulas that mom handed out corrective action plans with just in a different way.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Thanks for responding rabtech.

I find some of the "political" comments here to be lacking basic respect and decency toward others simply based on their nationality, religion or politics. The posters may think they're not being offensive to other owners if they don't name names, or if they have made an attempt to justify their statement. But anyone in any of their target groups has to feel uncomfortable participating in the various Slingshot aspects of this forum, all the while knowing that the group they identify with is being openly bashed and denigrated by some of these same Slingshot owners in a nearby thread. And I suspect it will only get worse as the 2020 election approaches.

I've tried to not call it out whenever I see it because that seems to only escalate the defense of it, which is equally or more offensive. I feel morally obligated to not stand by and ignore it when I see it, so instead I'll try to just avoid seeing such content in future.

But I do think the forum would be a lot friendlier without it.

It's pretty simple ....

I choose to not participate in the NSFW section so I don't ... It would be a stretch for me to find offence in what is there because I have the freedom to ignore it, the self control to not visit, and enough respect for fellow members that do to not call for it's removal ...... If you don't want to participate in a thread or are afraid you might find its clearly titled subject offensive then I would suggest using this tool provided by the administration .....

Thread Ignore.JPG

..... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• I'm almost the same as you Edward. Fun isn't my legal name, but it IS my middle name :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry if ANYTHING I've ever said offends you

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• With all due respect - have you watched US elected politicians and their discourse?? I’m pretty sure most anything said on this forum is not any worse when compared to what is being said in our House & Senate ON TELEVISION!! I have always believed that once you hurl personal insults you have lost the argument - better to just shut up than make an ass of yourself. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t argue with a door knob - it’s just kinda my thing :00008172::00008172::00008172:

• I have always held the opinion that three subjects should not be argued in public. Politics, Religion, and Sex. In politics and religion you believe in who is right for you and there is no arguing about sex, it is just plain great.

With that being said reading the politics suck thread and getting insulted is right up there with being bullied on the internet. If it bothers you dont go there.

LC

• This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but my original post wasn't talking about the politics or that particular thread. Going into that thread is going to see some bashing in my mind, but anyway.

My point was our other discussion threads, there seems to be some comments directed at certain individuals that isn't friendly, and I didn't want to call out any names, just ask that everyone stop and think before posting.

Granted, the politics item has been mentioned in reply, but that wasn't my intent, and didn't want us to get too sidetracked and focused on politics.

I'm asking for everyone to be friendlier in general, in all threads...

• wokka I think you are referring at certain comments that myself and other have made regarding bigdog, if you think our comments were unwarranted that is because you are not aware of his history of making a mockery of every thread he started where people genuinely tried to help.

There is only so much bs that people will take before snapping and not putting up with it anymore.

One good example of make is his catastrophic brake failure thread, another is his recent thread disrespecting 9/11.

I don't subscribe to the turning the other cheek or taking the high road or the only say nice things snowflake mentality, if I have to say something I will say it .

The let's all sing kumbaya together, everybody is a winner and other similar mentalities are the main reason why our society is as *uckedup as it is.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.