Be nice to your neighbors

• In the last few days, there have been several replies to threads with rudeness, bashing and general unfriendliness.

This is NOT TDS, we are a family, and better than most families, we are the family you like.

You won’t ever agree with everyone or even most, but please be respectful and friendly. If you won’t say it to your grandmother, loved one or preacher, don’t type it here.

Stop before you hit reply, would you like this said to you?

Text chat can be hard to decipher with out facial or body clues. It helps to use a smiley if you are joking with someone or giving them a hard time, so please use them if it’s the intent

If you insist on being rude, take it to a private conversation.

If you don’t know how that works, please ask.

Thanks!

wokka

We try to be friendly here in Texas y’all :thumbsup:

• thank you :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Personally, I've used the block feature just a couple times, but I still find my self clicking on posts just to see what the latest hilarity/provocation is. I also try to follow the old Internet adage, if I can't post something nice, don't post at all. Of course, as we all know, the feeling of anonymity induced by the Internet never results in troll activity posts!

There've been posts I felt were aimed at me, but I prefer to assume they weren't. Just block annoying posters to help preserve your own sanity.

I just realized, it's been so long since I blocked someone, I can't remember how to do it!

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• One of the reasons why I choose to use my full name, Edward Neal, as my user name on forums is because by doing so I can not hide as easily from my own words. I am Edward Neal of Palm Springs California and anyone paying attention here knows this.

I am big on trying my best to live with love toward everyone, sure I mess up from time to time - I am human after all, but I try as a part of that I would ask my friends here to not hesitate to call me out if you think I have crossed any lines - I dont ever want to say or do anything to any of you that I wouldn't like if the situation were reversed.

1 John 4:16 - - - its my verse and with everything I am I want to be true to it

oh - and as a side note we cant just love those who love us, that would be too easy, as the Bible says we even have to love the tax collector - and considering the size of the checks I sent off yesterday that is not so easy

Anyway I may not always agree with everything I see posted, But really do love you all - - and I mean it

LOVE

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• agree,.. but every family has a dumb ass that needs to be told to shut up once in a while. Has anyone noticed how many old members don't post anymore? Why? Because they are sick of the repeat threads that when they try to help, they are told they're are wrong with their opinion or knowledge. OK, figure it out for yourself then. This place is turning into the dark side with it's membership. Not because of the forum admin,.. but because of some of the members coming here from there. Yeah, this place was fun and the OG's were and are awesome. We, or they just choose to communicate elsewhere. I guess times are changing

• agree,.. but every family has a dumb ass that needs to be told to shut up once in a while. Has anyone noticed how many old members don't post anymore? Why? Because they are sick of the repeat threads that when they try to help, they are told they're are wrong with their opinion or knowledge. OK, figure it out for yourself then. This place is turning into the dark side with it's membership. Not because of the forum admin,.. but because of some of the members coming here from there. Yeah, this place was fun and the OG's were and are awesome. We, or they just choose to communicate elsewhere. I guess times are changing

Are you telling me to shut up brother? :00008172::00008356::*

Nevermind ;):P

• I too have used my real name since the beginning - even on TDS. I guess I could be considered an “OG” and it does appear to me things have changed since the forums humble beginnings. We just have to face the fact that the larger the forum became it has lost some of its charm as more people means more opinions and personalities. I have probably ran my mouth on this forum as much if not more than most anyone here and hope I have never offended anybody personally although sometimes I vehemently disagree ( WOLF:00008359: ) . No matter where it goes from here I will be forever thankful for all the opportunities to meet and make lifelong friends with many of you. Anything is what you make it - respect always has to be given to be received - if all would follow that rule this thread would be unnecessary IMO . Peace out ✌️

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

We are not all gone or communicating elsewhere, some of us learned a long time ago not to feed the stray dogs.

It is much more fun to sit back an watch. Kinda like people watching at the mall except its always the same people. Maybe rab can get us a clown car and we can see how many fit in.

But everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Stay safe sir

Hope we get to ride together soon

Your sling and the trailer look great

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Can't disagree with anything posted above. With over 2000 members I can't consider all of them family. But I truly miss the nightly fun and derailment of some threads with some of the stuff we talked about. The friendships will always be there, it just changed to one on one conversations. Bigger isn't always better. Sorry but it's reality.

• Keep in mind that despite it being a pain in the wallet to send a tax payment in, keep in mind that it means you earned more money.:thumbsup:

• Suggestion rabtech : Take the political element out of this forum. It doesn't belong here.

By now the politics of certain owners is abundantly clear. Certain like-minded individuals (representing at most 50% of the population) seem to be particularly vocal about their politics, and this forum has become their echo chamber (to the discouragement of anyone who might disagree with their politics).

But why do any of us need to know that?? Do we really care about the political stripe of a fellow Slingshot owner??

There are already far too many derisive posts here that are directed at the other 50% (even though they may not be directed at particular owners... we get the idea). Is having a different political leaning a good enough reason to make other owners feel uncomfortable on this forum? To make them feel that they would be subject to derision for their political beliefs?

There's lots of other places on the internet where you can post your political opinion... we don't need it in the same place that we come to for Slingshot discussions and to find the friendship of fellow Slingshot owners.

Let's stop dwelling on these un-Slingshot-related differences. I'd rather not see any of it on this forum.

• I disagree - if you don’t want to read political posts just block the thread. Many of us here enjoy the political banter and even though there are political disagreements it is always respectful. Politics Sucks is one of the longest running, biggest threads on the forum and enjoyed by many. Just because you may not like what others are posting politically they should not be suppressed - you should just avoid the thread. I can see as a Canadian where you would have no interest in out politics - just don’t look !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I hear what your saying. However it's not quite that simple on a forum to just make black or white decisions and say " you can't talk about politics". For me to remove the thread "POLITICS SUCK" or any other thread that has a political based post would be the same as me removing EVERY thread on the forum that had nothing to do with a Polaris Slingshot. I would have to delete of the whole "Anything other than Polaris Slingshot Related" section.

The main reason you can't "only" have only Slingshot related content on the forum is because without "other" content this and any other forum couldn't make it. It would be the most boring and uninteresting website on the internet. The thread "POLITICS SUCK" has over 11,000 post in it and it has been an active thread since the forums beginning. The forum is 4 years old and this is the first time I have had a complaint that required me to look into it.

ALL THAT BEING SAID>>>>>>>

I have a few rules that I like to use when deciding if a particular post or even a whole thread needs my attention.

Does the post or thread refer to a specific member on the forum making them stand out in a bad or hurtful way . Does the post directly attack a member in a way that would make the member feel fear for their safety.

I haven't read a single post in the Politics thread and I really don't want to. It's not a subject that I care to look through and get involved with. That being said, If their is a post that I need to be made aware of that would fall under either of the two rules mentioned above please let me know. Send me a message or send me an email and let me know what it is that I need to look at. I will address it immediately. .

A FIX FOR SOME WHO JUST DON'T LIKE SEEING POSTS FROM MEMBERS OR PARTICULAR THREADS THAT HAVE CONTENT THAT MAY RUB THEM THE WRONG WAY. WE HAVE A WAY TO BLOCK IT. Then you wont have to worry about having to read it when it pops up on the recent post list because once you block a thread or a user you wont see the content the user has posted ANYWHERE on the forum. And you wont see any of the post in a thread that you have blocked.

Here is where these features are located.

This will block a thread you don't want to see any more…..

And this will block a particular member and you wont ever see their post again.

• I disagree - if you don’t want to read political posts just block the thread. Many of us here enjoy the political banter and even though there are political disagreements it is always respectful. Politics Sucks is one of the longest running, biggest threads on the forum and enjoyed by many. Just because you may not like what others are posting politically they should not be suppressed - you should just avoid the thread. I can see as a Canadian where you would have no interest in out politics - just don’t look !!!

As a Canadian I find it funny as hell to read some of the banter on the politics. Our side is no different. I fully believe that both sides need work on the political front. Trump or Trudeau? I don't agree with belittling any member whether you think they need it or not. Keep the thoughts to yourself and move on don't lower yourself and become one of them. Trolls will be just that looking for an argument. Let's get back to good discussions and a few good laughs and enjoy what brought us here. I lost interest in posting and contributing to the forum for awhile due to the constant bashing I was seeing and also the way my body was feeling before my surgery, just couldn't get into it but now feeling better and want to get back into it but want a friendly atmosphere to come back too. Cheers Gooseman