New Product - Slingshot Action Camera Mount

• [quote='edwardaneal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7590-new-product-slingshot-action-camera-mount/&postID=267557#post267557']

I know that you are not happy about all of this Kyle D but personally I have been impressed with how you have stepped up to the plate to make things right - Easy to be a good vendor when everything goes right, but what you do when they dont go right is what separates the good vendors from the great vendors - :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Thank you very much. We’re pretty awesome most of the time. Proves we are still human I guess. It’s been a huge learning experience to say the least.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Well, again, I would like to get out in front of this total shit show of a product failure on my end. I just got an email from a guy that said he only received 1 bolt in his package. I thought this HAS to be a shipping error so I pulled up all the other invoices and sure enough, each person was only sent 1 bolt. Now, while I COULD blame my assistant for not correctly making invoices with the proper amount of replacement parts, ultimately this falls on me for not double checking the work. So, I would like to apologize again, and let you know I am aware of the problem and the other bolt you are all short is on the way leaving today. Again my apologies. :00008862:

I train hundreds of young people every year.

You have no idea how rare it is for ANYONE to step up & say: "Sorry, I blew it - but I'm gonna make it right."

Solder on, sir.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Ditto That Kyle.

And if it helps you save a few cents, you don't need to send one to me. I have a 2016 so I don't need the bolt. In fact, if there is someone in the Austin/Georgetown area who also bought a camera mount, I could pass this one along saving you a few more pennies. Or do you want this one back? I could just mark return to sender.

• This is an old thread, but I didn't know if it was worth starting a whole new thread on the same topic. I was looking for a mount for a GoPro and came across this:

https://zzperformance.com/products/go-pro-camera-mount

There was one disgruntled customer who said it did not fit on his 2017. I have a 2019 SLR (no shade.) If I were to order the mount, will it come with the correct hardware to fit both sizes? Or do I have to specify someplace what I have? Thanks.

Glenn

• I have an 18 and that mount fits fine on mine. Unless you have some aftermarket rollbars or something it should work. Not sure what that review was talking about. I have zzp logo forward, didn't try it but think it could go both ways. I have a mount extension coming off it to raise the mounting point higher for 360 camera to clear wing (kind of lol)...

• It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly when this mount first came out there was a deal on the price to sort of introduce the new product - if I am not mistaken it was very quickly discovered that there were some minor differences between the roll hoops between 2015-1026 slingshots and the 2017 and later years - (probably because of the design changes made to accommodate the slingshade) that caused the mounts to not fit perfectly on the different years. from what I remember this issue was quickly addressed by ZZP Performance to make the mount available for all of the different year slingshots.

Not sure if ZZP addressed this issue by changing the mounts to fit all years or if they decided to make different mounts for the different years, but I am sure that Kyle D can answer any of your questions.

I actually still have this mount on my radar so I will be interested to hear what you find out

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• actually I responded without realizing this was the original product introduction thread - answer might already be here 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• There are many different kinds of mounts on Amazon. I have a box full of parts. The Garmin bases are different then the GoPro and I have both cameras. The mounts are stick on and the front of the fin is a great place to stick one. I also have a clamp on that I clamp on the top of the windshield. Added rubber pads in the clamps so as not to scratch the windshield. It had a camera tripod type mount but changed it to the type mount the GoPro uses. Like I said there are many pages of mounts to choose from. I like the metal anodized ones they have better tightening knot. Also to make different mounts you can use the ones with the nut in them and cut the nut piece off and then it will fit into another one with a nut.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly when this mount first came out there was a deal on the price to sort of introduce the new product - if I am not mistaken it was very quickly discovered that there were some minor differences between the roll hoops between 2015-1026 slingshots and the 2017 and later years - (probably because of the design changes made to accommodate the slingshade) that caused the mounts to not fit perfectly on the different years. from what I remember this issue was quickly addressed by ZZP Performance to make the mount available for all of the different year slingshots.

1026 model: (roll hoop definitely different)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I messaged them on their site to ask about it fitting my 2020 R . It is very expensive compared to what is on Amazon that I am using now but it is also very nice.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Send Kyle an e-mail and he will give you the correct answer, good people to work with.

Kyle J Dewey
    2450 28th St SW
    Wyoming, MI 49519
    Kyle@zzperformance.com

• Thanks guys. I did consider messaging Kyle directly, but I don't know the protocol about doing that. I figured if I tagged the product thread he might see it. I did not see a message about how it was handled, just that a change was made to accomodate newer models. I don't mind paying for quality, I just want to make sure I get it right.

• Thanks guys. I did consider messaging Kyle directly, but I don't know the protocol about doing that. I figured if I tagged the product thread he might see it. I did not see a message about how it was handled, just that a change was made to accomodate newer models. I don't mind paying for quality, I just want to make sure I get it right.

Glenn is you tag him he will probably get back to you over the weekend or send him a message.

• We did find out that the 2017+ models had a narrower hoop. This was rectified by removing the spacers that come with the kit and using shorter hardware. You do not need to select a year when purchasing as we include the proper hardware for both the 2015-2016 and the 2017+ in the package. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out here or you can always email me directly at kyle@zzperformance.com

• I messaged them on their site to ask about it fitting my 2020 R . It is very expensive compared to what is on Amazon that I am using now but it is also very nice.

I have not had a chance to test fit this on the 2020+ models yet. If you'd like to test it out and it does not fit I will send you a return label for return shipping and issue a 100% refund.

• I have not had a chance to test fit this on the 2020+ models yet. If you'd like to test it out and it does not fit I will send you a return label for return shipping and issue a 100% refund.

The part number for the 2021 roll hoops is the same as the 2017 - 2020 unless you get the S model with the scaled down round bar hoops.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)