Slingshots in the Adirondacks,Lake George NY Sept14-18.

• I've done a few rides with a Solstice group and the front and rear persons have a walkie talkie which they stay in contact should the group get cut off. The tail guy usually knows the route as well.

Certainly plenty of right ways to lead a ride. Ya Matt, that's a perfect idea with the radios for sure. We should have been told the location of the first stop, that would have helped. But really, it was a small group, shouldnt have had that happen. Perhaps the leaders machine didn't have mirrors!! :00008356:
    I'd rather think that, more than he just didn't care!! Oh well, like I said, it still turned out great for us. So it's all good! :00007555:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Certainly plenty of right ways to lead a ride. Ya Matt, that's a perfect idea with the radios for sure. We should have been told the location of the first stop, that would have helped. But really, it was a small group, shouldnt have had that happen. Perhaps the leaders machine didn't have mirrors!! :00008356: I'd rather think that, more than he just didn't care!! Oh well, like I said, it still turned out great for us. So it's all good! :00007555:

Hey there @ConnMan!!! Still not sure how we never met up at the event!!! I would've liked to have met you, but somehow we just didn't seem to be in the same place at the same time!!! Glad you made the trip and enjoyed it......I'm sure we'll meet up sooner or later!! :D

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Adam, I tried to find you!! I texted Jay on Saturday, asking him to give me your cell number. He said " we only communicate by email!" Lol!!! I said " well shoot him a damn email and give him my cell!!" We hung around for a couple more hours, but left to avoid riding in the potential rain on Sunday. Next time brother, I promise!!! So happy you won that awesome raffle!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!
    Unless, of course, I would have...................... Never mind!!!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Adam, I tried to find you!! I texted Jay on Saturday, asking him to give me your cell number. He said " we only communicate by email!" Lol!!! I said " well shoot him a damn email and give him my cell!!" We hung around for a couple more hours, but left to avoid riding in the potential rain on Sunday. Next time brother, I promise!!! So happy you won that awesome raffle!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!
    Unless, of course, I would have...................... Never mind!!!!

No worries, Brother....next time I'm heading towards your neck of the woods, I'll shoot you my cell number so we can hook up!!
    Thanks for the Kudos....I'm still humbled by the whole experience, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!!!! Truly once in a lifetime event for me, and for such a great cause to boot!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• What are those wings for just looks? Never saw those before.

@roadog1aj came up with it. It pushes air toward the rear tire. Works great, I told a lot of people about it at the Adirondacks. At the time this picture was taken, I had about 800 miles on it without cleaning. Very little dust on the rim. @roadog1aj has a keeper with this one, love it

• sorry, just noticed that @roadog1aj beat me to it, :00008862: should have known, he always has his A game on :D

Great minds my friend, great minds............ :00007555::00000436:

• @BlackDeath....It's a Dust deflector wing I created and posted on this thread:Roadog's D-Mod

Tried to give it a snappy name :whistling: ......but basically it helps break up the dead air pocket at the back of the Sling. If nothing else, it at least breaks up the boring black "Tub" in the rear!!
    By the way....I heard you had made it to the event, but I didn't get a chance to meet up with you.....maybe next time!!

I did not go to the event in UpState NewYork. I was thinking about it but was not on top of things for it to happen. I went to the Slingshots in the Smokies NC end of May beginning of June. It was Awesome 220 Slingshots there.

• I did not go to the event in UpState NewYork. I was thinking about it but was not on top of things for it to happen. I went to the Slingshots in the Smokies NC end of May beginning of June. It was Awesome 220 Slingshots there.

Ah, I see....someone there had thought you made an appearance, so I thought I'd missed ya.

• So tomorrow we r going to go for a ride in ct. For the guys by me in danbury we r going to meet at 10am off exit 8 off 84 at the gas station after mobile. For anyone else that wants to ride that lives on the other side of ct you can meet tony in new haven and then we all will meet and go from there. The wether is going to b great so let's pull the slings out and have a great ride tomorrow.