• What seats are the most comfortable? Polaris SLR or Aftermarket Suspension Seats. I just came back from a long ride and I'm worn out. The stock seats in my SL do not have a lot of support so I'm thinking my next upgrade will be Seats. Opinions welcome. Probably another dead horse!

• you'll probably get about as many opinions as responses. I went to Maggie Valley 2017 to try as many seat options as possible. Ended up with gen1 PRP with lumbar support and still happy ;)

• I bought the PRP Gen 1 seats. My wife loves them and she has back problems, so that is pretty important. I find them a little tight through the shoulders, but still more comfortable than stock (2016.5). I am debating adding some padding up top to push my upper body out a little more.

I would really recommend trying before buying if possible. Obviously different body types will have different opinions about what works.

• What seats are the most comfortable? Polaris SLR or Aftermarket Suspension Seats. I just came back from a long ride and I'm worn out. The stock seats in my SL do not have a lot of support so I'm thinking my next upgrade will be Seats. Opinions welcome. Probably another dead horse!

define what do you call comfortable and how you use the slingshot?

In my opinion the SL/ SLR seats are very uncomfortable so aftermarket is the way to go and if you are looking for the best bang for your buck then cipher is the way to go.

I paid under 300 for my pair of ciphers shipped to my door(christmas sale fyi), they are very comfortable for me and definitely have improved the sense of security for both myself and passengers during spirited twisty drives.

https://cipherauto.com/collections/economy-seats usually during holidays they have a $100 off and free shipping so it pays to think ahead and plan your purchase.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I bought the PRP Gen 1 seats. My wife loves them and she has back problems, so that is pretty important. I find them a little tight through the shoulders, but still more comfortable than stock (2016.5). I am debating adding some padding up top to push my upper body out a little more.

I would really recommend trying before buying if possible. Obviously different body types will have different opinions about what works.

JamesB I looked at the PRP seats. I don't know if my Butt is worth $1299.00 for no more riding than I do. Today was an exception, I rode 296 miles I stopped just long enough to get gas then back in the seat. Of course age may have something to do with my tired butt.

• JamesB I looked at the PRP seats. I don't know if my Butt is worth $1299.00 for no more riding than I do. Today was an exception, I rode 296 miles I stopped just long enough to get gas then back in the seat. Of course age may have something to do with my tired butt.

Well worth it is always subjective. I personally felt that replacing shocks and seats made riding much more pleasurable, and therefore it was worth it for me. I too suffer from old butt.

• Neosolidus Good looking seats. They look like racing seats. I didn't think racing seats would be comfortable. That's a lot of red!

which is why I asked you to define what you are looking for comfort.

They have good lumbar support,they fit me like a glove and reduce G force stress/body roll during spirited driving and my butt does not go numb like it did with the stock seats.

They don't get extremely hot when sitting out in the sun unlike the stock seats that you could use them to fry an egg and as long as you take care of them(Lemon pledge/Lucas Detailer) the material does not fade/crack and it has been very water resistant(please understand that no leather/vinyl seat is water proof regardless of how much anyone wants to say they are).

• which is why I asked you to define what you are looking for comfort.

They have good lumbar support,they fit me like a glove and reduce G force stress/body roll during spirited driving and my butt does not go numb like it did with the stock seats.

They don't get extremely hot when sitting out in the sun unlike the stock seats that you could use them to fry an egg and as long as you take care of them(Lemon pledge/Lucas Detailer) the material does not fade/crack and it has been very water resistant(please understand that no leather/vinyl seat is water proof regardless of how much anyone wants to say they are).

Neosolidus I've looked at these seats and they look great. The suspension seats look the most comfortable but I'm not sure they would fit my SS. I like yours and they are $409. for a pair + $129.00 for brackets. Did you have to get brackets??

• Neosolidus , I hate to be a pest but I would like to ask one more question; Do the seat backs recline or fold forward.

no worries you can always ask questions, you might not get the answers you want but that is besides the point..... :00008172:

They recline and slide(both) the price includes sliders for both(PRP don't) and as i said if you wait for a Holiday(Hint memorial day is not to far away) Cipher offers a lot of discounts.

Cipher also has brackets or you can buy any brand,I use planted brackets since i found a pair for 100(Thanks scott!)

Personally I have sat on Gen 1 and Gen 2 and Gen 1 is more comfortable than Gen 2 as far as butt cushion goes but neither of them is more comfortable than my Cipher(in my opinion).

• canegrinder I have a 2016 with OEM stock seats. I have a sheep skin (off my Gold Wing) on the 'seat' and have put 73,000 miles on the sling with that combination. I was once told that the 'motorcycle' seats are made for someone 5 ft 10 in and 170#, I'm close to that and always liked the seats on my Wings and never thought of changing seat on the Slingshot. So many variables --- do lots of research and take a ride/drive if possible before you buy.

• JamesB I looked at the PRP seats. I don't know if my Butt is worth $1299.00 for no more riding than I do. Today was an exception, I rode 296 miles I stopped just long enough to get gas then back in the seat. Of course age may have something to do with my tired butt.

Sometimes at the rallies they have some good sales and installations.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Get a gel cushion for either your butt or back... That'll change the feel. I have one and used it when driving from California to Texas and when I drove from Texas to Indiana. It helped...

Of course, I'm 35 and have aftermarket Ciphers as well... So YMMV... 👍