Cleaning /shining black plastic

• Kudos for Shine Armor where we just returned from putting 450 Interstate miles on the Grasshopper and I was able to clean the dust off of the wheels just with compressed air. Thanks Neosolidus!

Bill

Added note: Oh, this is for Birddog, the dealer today complemented us on how all the black plastic looks like new on the Grasshopper, when I explained all I was using was plain ol Lemon Pledge/favor he commented that he was going to pass this advice on to his customers!

bill

If you remember I started this thread about looking for a good solution to the dirty crappy looking plastic....it started an informational conversation between all of us to see what works and what doesn’t.....so I consider this a positive outcome for everyone involved..

My main issue was not being able to clean off the brown looking stuff even right after I washed it.... I did find a product that does this.... I’m very happy with it. So now it’s just a matter of finding the best stuff to keep it clean and shiny the longest. I plan on using the pledge.....I’m going to do half the SS with it and half with the F11 to see what happens..

• If you remember I started this thread about looking for a good solution to the dirty crappy looking plastic....it started an informational conversation between all of us to see what works and what doesn’t.....so I consider this a positive outcome for everyone involved..

My main issue was not being able to clean off the brown looking stuff even right after I washed it.... I did find a product that does this.... I’m very happy with it. So now it’s just a matter of finding the best stuff to keep it clean and shiny the longest. I plan on using the pledge.....I’m going to do half the SS with it and half with the F11 to see what happens..

so - if you do a half & half test like this on your truck what do you use to strip it down first so that you are sure your applying these products directly to the clear coat and not on top of old f11 or whatever else you have used in the past?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Right now I’m pretty happy with what I did so far. I used the WOW cleaner to deep clean the dirt I couldn’t remove from the texture by hard scrubbing. Then I used the WOW polish. Which left a greasy residue. Which I didn’t like. Then I went over that with the F11. It’s still easy to clean off the road dirt. For the moment.

I do recommend the WOW cleaner. I think it deep cleans.

• If you are putting the f11 on top of the WOW polish how can you know which product is making it easy to clean? To test products you need to test them on clean surfaces not on top of other products. If you are testing on top of other products your results are compromised

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I’m interested in 3 things....removing the dirt that gets embedded in the texture that simply won’t wash off...even if you scrub it really hard....making the plastic look dirty and dull...

2 getting the plastic shiny like new

3 getting it to stay clean and shiny...

I’ve accomplished 2 of those....what I don’t know right now is how long it will last and if it keeps the dirt easy to get off...

Just as a side note. I, F11ed the wheels again and I had a really hard time getting the layer of road dirt off the rear rim....I had to rub it really hard to break it loose...

• I don’t let dirt stay on long enough to get embedded so I won’t address that problem, but I find the Lucas interior detailer does make it shiny like new and it seems to stay that way with the occasional wipe down

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• anyway, Bigdog my posts above were in response to your statement in post 141 above that you are going to test pledge on your SS by doing half with the Pledge and the other half with the F11.

My only point is that if you truly want to compare these 2 products you need to strip off all of the old coatings that might be on the SS from previous products you have applied so that both the F11 and the pledge are being tested on the clear coat.

If you have built up layers of f11 already on your slingshot and you dont strip those off before your comparison then your test would seem to favor the F11 which you would be layering

if you are seriously interested in finding the best I would recommend you clean your slingshot with something that will remove all old coatings before your half and half test

something like this would be good - Hydrosilex Rewind

• OK, be prepared to absorb some knowledge.....I just did this search about the key ingredients of Pledge and F11 Top Coat...

The main ingredient of Pledge is circled in here

http://ducoraco.ipower.com/TOP…_PRODINFO/MSDS_SPRITZ.doc

Here is the MSDA data sheet for F11...

The important ingredient is circled.....

Now we go here....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydimethylsiloxane

Looking at this Pledge and F11 Top Coat are closely related....if not siblings at least 1st cousins.....

• Top Coat F11 and Top Coat Quick Gloss Spritz - are two different products. When I e-mailed Top coat and asked about this exact data sheet that you are showing I was told that Quick Gloss Spritz was a Silicon based quick detailer that they no longer sell

When I pressed them trying to find out what F11 is they told me it was ceramic based

one of the things that really bugs me about the F11 is the lack of willingness to say what it it - I e-mailed them back and fourth like 10 times before the one gal said it was ceramic - seems they are told to only say it is "new technology"

frankly I dont like it when a company seems to want to hide the nature of a product they are selling - and no one does this as much as top coat

Seriously Bigdog when I was told that wasnt the data sheet for f11 I asked the gal if she could e-mail me the correct data sheet - and she told me that because it wasnt sold for commercial use they could not provide one - -- really?

• I was under the impression that every product needed one. They are trying to keep a lid on the exact ingredients so it’s not copied.

Read lower on the page it says it’s water soluble in 28 days. Does that mean after it’s applied or while it’s in the bottle?

• I was under the impression that every product needed one. They are trying to keep a lid on the exact ingredients so it’s not copied.

Read lower on the page it says it’s water soluble in 28 days. Does that mean after it’s applied or while it’s in the bottle?

like I said that is not the product info for f11 - it is a different product - either that or Top Coat lied to me when I pressed them

anyway at this point as others have pointed out we are just repeating what has already been said and we all know who likes f11 and who likes lucas and who likes Pledge - su unless someone posts up something new and interesting I see no point in posting in this thread anymore