Cleaning /shining black plastic

• Kinda looks like a no brainer. At the Lucas price you can wash the sling every day compared to the others.. .just my .02$

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Kinda looks like a no brainer. At the Lucas price you can wash the sling every day compared to the others.. .just my .02$

JUST SAYIN

This is where my Slingshot is different than past cars I had, with those I would want something long lasting that could go through a carwash 10 times. but with the Sling I like keeping it clean to the point where it rarely sees water. for me this is fun, I dust it off almost every evening after its been out for the day and wiping down with the speed wax just fits - oh well there are a ton of different products for a reason so just get what fits your style

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• just put this on,.. we'll see how long it last,.. as far as shine, I see no real difference then my regular wax. The Meguiar's liquid wax is thicker and at this point, that is my choice,.. but I'll wait and give this stuff a shot

• OK, I was going to keep this a secret (not really, I just thought about it because I don't do it on a regular basis) but this is something I've done at times. If you have cleaned the SS up, and put on F11 or whatever your favorite flavor is of the month and then taken a ride, it is going to get dusty. The back tub (fender also on mine) and rear rim take the worst beating. If it was clean before I left (even if I rode 300-400 miles that day) I stop outside the garage. I have a wind up hose reel, and air compressor. I just take it out on the driveway and (no blasting into bearings or brake directly) blow off the dust. It may not look exactly as good as it did when just finished, but it's close. The dust on the rim comes off really easy as long as you didn't hit puddles or water.

Of course there's still the matter of bugs up front, but it's a start!

• If the roads you ride on are dusty, you will get dust. Duh

Highway dirt not 4 wheeling....

Does anyone remember “static” straps?

I think the dirt might be attracted to the rear wheel because of static electricity caused by the drive belt......I’m thinking about hanging one off the swing arm to see if it helps.....

• Ever hear of centrifugal force? I think that is what packs dust in the inside of the rear wheel on mine.

While I agree centrifugal force could hold the dirt there.....what attracts the dirt to the wheel?

And as most have started....we have them nice and slippery smooth with wax or F11 or other stuff. So you would think the dirt should not want to stick to the wheel.....it’s

Ike it’s magnetized ...

Does anyone know if the black on our wheels is paint or powedercoat?

• I just spent the last couple of hours going over the SlingShot with the Shine Armor, starting with the wheels. Afterwards the wheels definitely look very nice, but I must admit that they have been neglected where I prolly spent more time today working on them then I have for the entire past four years, (did I mention that I hate cleaning the wheels?) With that said, if the wheels remain easier to keep clean now with the Shine Armor, then I will be well satisfied with our purchase.

In the beginning all I was going to do was the wheels but then I looked at the rest of the Grasshopper and figured, what the hell, let's give it a through try! I then commenced on the black plastic, but I really did not get too far because it was becoming quite obvious that the Shine/Armor was not leaving the rich looking finish of the Pledge/Favor. I started over and did all the black plastic with the Favor.

I then moved on to the painted surface of the hood, doing the driver's side half first so to compare. OK, here I have no choice but to give Shine Armor the nod. On that metallic surface the Pledge/Favor made it shine, but it was a dulled shine, (does that make sense?) Comparing that now to the Shine Armor, the Shine Armor was most definitely leaving a more brilliant and lustrous deep shine. So, I commenced finishing off all the red with the Shine/Armor!

Now we have to wait until next week to get it all dirty again when we take the Grasshopper up to the shop to get the knock sensor and recalls done!

Bill

• took a ride up to the mountains Friday, so just now I gave my Slingshot a quick wipe down with my Lucas products to clean her up. Speed Wax on the colored panels and interior detailer on the black tub, fenders and splitter - under 20 minutes from top to bottom and bugs and such just wiped right off - later when the sun drops behind the mountain I will pull it out of the garage and clean the wheels and drive belt

i-G8429md-X2.jpg

i-LmG2kKQ-X2.jpg

i-JSCCM5x-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have an F11 update

The other day while riding the state was busy painting new lines on the road. I hit the white line which wasn’t completely dry. So white paint splashed up on the hood the fender inside and out and the mirror. I didn’t motive it until today.

Having just recently right before that ride applied another cost of F11, I was able to pick the dry paint spots right off. Without any damage.

The only real damage is the white paint stuck in the tire grooves.

• To be heard to this day Shine Armor is the only solution that I know to keep brake dust/road grime from sticking to wheels........................................

After applying Shine armor to all the wheel all I have to do is rinse them up and everything just goes out on its own without scrubbing.

Kudos for Shine Armor where we just returned from putting 450 Interstate miles on the Grasshopper and I was able to clean the dust off of the wheels just with compressed air. Thanks Neosolidus!

Bill

Added note: Oh, this is for Birddog, the dealer today complemented us on how all the black plastic looks like new on the Grasshopper, when I explained all I was using was plain ol Lemon Pledge/favor he commented that he was going to pass this advice on to his customers!

bill