Cleaning /shining black plastic

• at $20 for an 8 oz bottle the shine armor in your link is pretty costly compared to the $7.50 for 24oz of Lucas

I wipe down my Slingshot top to bottom with the Lucas products at least once every week, and hit the painted panels for a touch up with the speed wax one or two more times on evenings mid week - I use it like a detail spray so that my Slingshot stay looking good most of the time. As such I am not really worried about it lasting a super long time and because I use as much as I do cost is a important consideration

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• at $20 for an 8 oz bottle the shine armor in your link is pretty costly compared to the $7.50 for 24oz of Lucas

I wipe down my Slingshot top to bottom with the Lucas products at least once every week, and hit the painted panels for a touch up with the speed wax one or two more times on evenings mid week - I use it like a detail spray so that my Slingshot stay looking good most of the time. As such I am not really worried about it lasting a super long time and because I use as much as I do cost is a important consideration

Well for one shine armor is not a every wash thing unlike lucas speed mist, one application of shine armor is allegedly good for several months and so far it looks like under normal weekly washes that would be true, personally with as many vehicles as I own I was looking for a way to spend less time cleaning them and more time riding them given my short riding season.

Everyone kept telling me to get the "Professional" ceramic coatings on everything specially on the wheels but when i looked into the cost ($500 and UP UP UP UP UP) per vehicle it just was not cost effective in my non believer eyes so after some good time spent with good old google I starter buying several of these spray ceramic hybrids, so far most of them have done really good jobs but Shine Armor is definitely the best bang for my buck out of all the ones i have tried.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Well for one shine armor is not a every wash thing unlike lucas speed mist, one application of shine armor is allegedly good for several months and so far it looks like under normal weekly washes that would be true, personally with as many vehicles as I own I was looking for a way to spend less time cleaning them and more time riding them given my short riding season.

Everyone kept telling me to get the ceramic coatings specially on the wheels but when i looked into the cost ($500 and UP UP UP UP UP) per vehicle it just was not cost effective in my non believer eyes so after some good time spent with good old google I starter buying several of these spray ceramic hybrids, so far most of them have done really good jobs but Shine Armor is definitely the best bang for my buck out of all the ones i have tried.

Which one of the Shine Armor products are you talking about? Looks to be about four different products.

• Somebody a few posts back said they were going through car washes.....F11 is only supposed to be washed without soap.....so how many other products are just supposed to be washed without soap.

personally I don't think any of these spray / detail products are intended to provide long term protection without regular application. Even the TopCoat people imply it should be reapplied as a part of the regular cleaning. In my opinion if you want protection from these products then you need to use them on a regular basis

On the other hand If you are looking for something that you can put on and then run your car through car washes and clean with soap and water for months on end then I personally think a true sealant like Meguiars ultimate liquid wax or the M20 should be used these are both true polymer sealants that can last 6 months without any need for reapplication.

even with my somewhat obsessive use of the Lucas I still use a real sealant at least once a year - my Slingshot is out in our insanely intense sun every day and I want it to stay looking nice

• Both my Jeep(Shine Armor) and SUV(Meguiars Ceramic Hybrid) survived 10 high pressure car washes before I reapplied them, they are both advertised as lasting 6 month + which under normal use I see them doing so.

• How can you tell if the UV protection is lasting? Heck F11 says it last 6 months and it doesn’t even say it has UV protection. Staying shiny is nice, but here in the desert sun I want UV protection so use a product that has it

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Also a true sealant is just that, it seals the pores in the clear coat and keeps contaminants from causing issues in the future. These sprays are great, but they are not sealants that’s why a sealant should be used first under the spray polishes if I had the $$$ I would love to get a professional ceramic coating but I would still use my lucas for the upkeep

• You just have to spray water on a coated vehicle to see if the protection is still on or not, if the extreme water beading (hydrophobic) is present you know the product is still working, at that point you just have to trust it that everything else is also working.

• I would rather rely on regular applications and not have to trust 😜

• I would rather rely on regular applications and not have to trust 😜

By simple spraying water on the vehicle i can visibly prove one of the claim of my product which makes me inclined to trust the rest of the stuff they say, can you do the same ? :POKESS:

Just so we are all clear I was all in with the Lucas Koolaid until about two weeks ago but now that I have found something better which I CAN PROVE is better there is no reason for me to blindly use lucas anymore, kind of like I switched F-11 for lucas now I dumped lucas for Shine armor.

I am not the type to hold any brand on a pedestal, I will always use the best tool to accomplish the job with the least amount of effort/time.

• Just so we are all clear I was all in with the Lucas Koolaid until about two weeks ago but now that I have found something better which I CAN PROVE is better there is no reason for me to blindly use lucas anymore, kind of like I switched F-11 for lucas now I dumped lucas for Shine armor.

......................from somewhere in the back a weak lil voice squeaks out, "Pledge?"

and let's not forget Bigdog watching through the window jumping up and down, clapping his hands, and grinning from ear to ear enjoying watching all the frackas that he created!

Bill

• Ceramic Sealant hybrid secret sauce, that after 10 car washes is still as hydrophobic as day 1.

To be heard to this day Shine Armor is the only solution that I know to keep brake dust/road grime from sticking to wheels, as we all know Hawk pads are great for breaking but they throw dust that seems to be magnetic and attaches to the wheels like crazy.

After applying Shine armor to all the wheel all I have to do is rinse them up and everything just goes out on its own without scrubbing.

• Ceramic Sealant hybrid secret sauce, that after 10 car washes is still as hydrophobic as day 1.

To be heard to this day Shine Armor is the only solution that I know to keep brake dust/road grime from sticking to wheels, as we all know Hawk pads are great for breaking but they throw dust that seems to be magnetic and attaches to the wheels like crazy.

After applying Shine armor to all the wheel all I have to do is rinse them up and everything just goes out on its own without scrubbing.

thanks for the recommendation, I've never heard about this stuff till now. Going to try it. Can it be applied over current polish and wax or should everything be stripped off?

• just checked out their web site,.. looks good, but I don't like the pictures,.. they're fake:P,... look at the clouds on the windshield, they are the same,.. dirty and clean,.... it's not possible!:00008359: I guess it helps with sales!

before_after_quick_coat