Cleaning /shining black plastic

• I’m not opposed to trying pledge, I don’t want to polish over the dirt and discoloration. So you need something that’s going to deep clean it first. I have dried looking mud stains that are imbedded in the texture.

early on, I had some brown mud stains on the black trim on the hood that soap/water and a sponge wouldn't remove. Posted on here for help and Edward Neal mentioned the Lucas products, which are very inexpensive. They did the trick and the mud stains came out, looks like new.

The 2019 base seats were another story, and someone else (sorry, forgot who), told me to try Armor-all leather cleaning wipes, which did the trick on my seats.

Also, Ed's trick about spraying either the Lucas internal or wheel cleaner on the rear tub works like a charm. It seems to shed dirt and stays looking good, don't even wipe it when spraying, just put a healthy layer of spray on it and let it drip dry

Luckily the Lucas products are inexpensive on Amazon, I've just now ordered my 3rd set of them. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KYS2WYA/

• For those that have the black paint on the under side of the hood this works like a champ. Open the hood and spread a tarp across the engine area from the wind screen up to the head lights. Then just use the Lucas Slick Mist-Tire and Trim Shine and spray the whole black area down wet with the Tire and Trim Shine and let drip dry until the next day. I do this at the beginning of each summer to keep the area looking like new, and yes It does clean up that red Georgia clay from that little ride down the ditch a few years back. It is a lot easier than trying to hand clean this area.

• I know a Harley owner / rider who swears by pledge, never uses anything else

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I looked at those discolored bumpers today and they look like they did before I put the 303 stuff on them.... can’t the miracle pledge fix the discoloration?

The rear bumper looks even worse.

The Mother's stuff does. I had "help" & got Nu Finish polish on my SUV's black trim - made it look terrible. Mother's brought the original color back.

It WILL need to be reapplied 3-4 times per year. Sun & salt play merry hell with plastic finishes, if your vehicle is a garage queen, your mileage may vary.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I have been told that Pledge works real good on guns also. It was what they used a long time ago so that the guns would not rust.

For you Lucas fans who are also gun owners, Lucas is about to launch a line of outdoor products for gun cleaning/maintenance.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/…c2-21643375#axzz5m205HjVj

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well, Bigdog, here is a picture of our four plus year old SlingShot using just lemon Pledge, how about showing us again the pictures of your SlingShot and how you have allowed it to go to hell because you choose to only argue and put down, rather than listen and try, when others have offered you advice??

Bill

I’m not trying to put anyone down. I posted pictures of the brown looking crud on the fenders that won’t come off no matter how hard you scrub.

This is the hood.

This picture was taken right after I scrubbed it. So my question was.... does the pledge clean off this crap or just polish over it? I want it removed before I polish it. I don’t want it to show through the shine. What you see is road dirt. Probably cooked in by the sun.

• Bigdog I don't know about the lemon pledge, never used it, but I have used Lucas successfully to remove mud stains on that black piece on my hood.

I can dig up before / after pics if you want them.

Unfortunately wokka, I believe that we all can just stop wasting our time offering Bigdog any more suggestions, so far he has absolutely refused to even try the ones already offered! :(

I am somewhat intrigued about trying the Lucas products, we are currently running Lucas gear lube in the angle drive!

Bill

• I haven't tested it, but I'd think that one for exterior would probably work on everything.

However, the cheapest price on it is the kit from amazon, comes with a lint free cloth and tire sponge. Even cheaper than buying at walmart.

Walmart doesn't sell the kit directly, only third parties. That single bottle is $7.47, and the kit is $20.47 with the towel and sponge. I go through the tire stuff faster than the other two, because I spray it on the rear tub and side black areas that get a lot of dirt, along with the tires.

Plus, it smells good!

• The one thing I really like about the Pledge, or Favor, is that it is one item that does a good job on everything in, or on, the SlingShot, could someone recommend just one of the Lucas items that will work in the same way?

Bill

Yes - the Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax will work well on everything you would use the pledge for - $7:49 at most Walmarts,

• I have not done business with Walmart for years, (decades?), now, :cursing:, but I'll take a look when I am in one of the auto parts stores, thanks!

Bill

amazon is also a great place to get it and as already mentioned you can get the kit of all three of the slick mist products for just over $20 on Amazon which is just over $6 each and they throw in a micro fiber towel and tire sponge.

• A somewhat related question, With all of this talking about polishing up our SlingShots, I am currently out giving the Grasshopper a good goings over, and I have been reminded of a real trouble area, at least for us, and that is the roll hoops. No matter what we have used on the hoops, they still look mottled? What are your suggestions or ideas here, besides removing and resurfacing them?

Thanks,

Bill

• A somewhat related question, With all of this talking about polishing up our SlingShots, I am currently out giving the Grasshopper a good goings over, and I have been reminded of a real trouble area, at least for us, and that is the roll hoops. No matter what we have used on the hoops, they still look mottled? What are your suggestions or ideas here, besides removing and resurfacing them?

Thanks,

Bill

I find that if I wipe the hoops down with a towel that is moist from having done the body with the slick mist it removes that mottled look and they look good