Turn signal light replacement

• What about cutting open the turn signal unit gut it and install your own bulb / LED. With all of the ingenious people on this site sure beats $183 for a new unit . Just thinking out loud 🙂

If I had to buy a replacement turn signal unit that was going to be my plan to see if something like that would be feasible.

The whole turn signal as one sealed unit idea sucks.....

• So you have been having problems with aftermarket lights but not the actual lights on the SlingShot itself, di I understand correctly??

Bill

Looking at the pictures my strip lights they have all been replaced under warranty because some of the lights in them stopped lighting up. No factory lights on the SS have issues.

I thought my front turn signal burnt out but it’s because of an add on electrical modification failure.

• What about cutting open the turn signal unit gut it and install your own bulb / LED. With all of the ingenious people on this site sure beats $183 for a new unit . Just thinking out loud 🙂

You should see Bu11sh1t 's tail lights. When he hits party mode they go crazy flashing multi-color patterns and filling the light with hundreds of LEDs each. Never seen anything like it. Totally custom setup built for him and probably one of a kind. It would be cool to see a video of them posted up here (wink, wink, nudge nudge).

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• You should see Bu11sh1t 's tail lights. When he hits party mode they go crazy flashing multi-color patterns and filling the light with hundreds of LEDs each. Never seen anything like it. Totally custom setup built for him and probably one of a kind. It would be cool to see a video of them posted up here (wink, wink, nudge nudge).

Then you also need to see @DKF Texas's tail lights. They are also totally custom

• You should see Bu11sh1t 's tail lights. When he hits party mode they go crazy flashing multi-color patterns and filling the light with hundreds of LEDs each. Never seen anything like it. Totally custom setup built for him and probably one of a kind. It would be cool to see a video of them posted up here (wink, wink, nudge nudge).

Nailed it! With ALL the ingenious things I consistently see here cracking open a light case would be child’s play comparatively .

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• With that being said, isn't this thread now just "tilting windmills" , bashing an issue in which has yet to become a problem?

Bill

The thread started because I thought there was an issue with a burnt out turn signal...

But it turned out to be an add on mod failure...

So yes the issue is resolved....

• The thread started because I thought there was an issue with a burnt out turn signal...

But it turned out to be an add on mod failure...

So yes the issue is resolved....

How can the issue be resolved if there was no issue to begin with. :/

Next time before you start a thread whining about (______________) do some simple common sense troubleshooting rather than cry wolf for no reason.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• How can the issue be resolved if there was no issue to begin with. :/

Next time before you start a thread whining about (______________) do some simple common sense troubleshooting rather than cry wolf for no reason.

The issue started as I was showing my SS to a guy and he said your turn signal is burnt out.....they way the sun was hitting it you couldn’t tell that the lights were very slightly lit. Not bright like the other side. I didn’t see that until the next day after I posted about it being burnt out....which it appeared to be not lit at the time of the posting...

I couldn’t see any way to gain access to the actual internal light bulb....prompting the question of how do you change the light bulb.

That’s when I started to search for a new unit.....thinking it should be somewhere under $50...finding out it costs right around $200....was pretty shocking....

There was a lot of huffing and puffing but nobody’s house fell down...after eliminating the light add on mod and finding out my bulb wasn’t burnt out and it had to be the mod.......I sent an email to the manufacture and found out the mod had been discontinued (probably because all the units were failing) they offered me to return the mod for a store credit. Which I still need to do....which means ripping out some wiring.

So thanks for everyone’s input for trying to solve an imaginary problem...

What a country....:*