New Product!! ZZP Billet Hood Hinge Kit

• Want to replace your ugly stock hood hinges with a set of beautiful CNCd billet aluminum replacements? This is for you. This kit allows you to open your Slingshot hood 18* further than stock, and has an adjustable stop to adjust where the hood opens meaning you can allow it to stop prior to the 18*. Our kit is superior to other kits on the market in the fact that we redesigned both the top and bottom brackets to keep the angle geometry near stock thus not requiring a hood assist shock to open your hood. It will open just like it did from the factory. The kit is currently available in titanium matte but will soon also be available in gloss black and raw un-coated which has a polished look to it. You can see it on our site here https://zzperformance.com/coll…hot-billet-hood-hinge-kit As always, if you have any questions you can PM me or email me directly at kyle@zzperformance.com

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Kyle D This is money! I'm currently running a set of Madstad hood hinges and when fully opened the nose of the hood hits my aluminum front splitter. With your integrated stop I can fix this problem. Order incoming.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Kyle D This is money! I'm currently running a set of Madstad hood hinges and when fully opened the nose of the hood hits my aluminum front splitter. With your integrated stop I can fix this problem. Order incoming.

We made it this way because of my carbon front lip hanging off the front. It initially hit mine so we put the stops in there so you can adjust how much you need. Thanks for the order!!!

• Kyle D does the new hinge affect the hood height when closed? The current hinge extenders I have raised the hood far enough to put an unsightly gap between it and the front brow.

Everything is adjusted as best it can be and the mounting bar is not bent.

• Kyle D does the new hinge affect the hood height when closed? The current hinge extenders I have raised the hood far enough to put an unsightly gap between it and the front brow.

Everything is adjusted as best it can be and the mounting bar is not bent.

BryanL No, it will sit at the same level as stock. I have only put these on mine and one other SS but there are no gaps larger than from the factory.

• I have a larger gap on mine (done nothing to the hood) and have had my dealer look at it. He says I may have a bent arm, I rubbed one curb with it before I installed the front camera, but it doesn't seem to be that scuffed up. I get the feeling they are just using that as an excuse.

I looked at a LOT of slingshots this past weekend at Kerrville and the gaps range quite a bit. Personally, I think it's variances on something as they are being assembled.

if anyone knows a better way to fix the gap, I'd love to hear it. My bottom air splitter is raised all the way up.

If I get some time to leave it at the dealer, I may press them on it to resolve it. I still have some wiggle in the top fairings right above that gap, bolts won't stay in.

Sorry to derail the conversation away from this hinge kit, I did order one though, so that's on-topic :)

• Pull the whole front piece off of the SS. You will find screws/bolts that are loose that you cannot even see or get to unless you pull the whole assembly off. I had one of those screws back completely out of the nut, I actually thought something was broken until I pulled the piece.

• Was at your place today to look at your hinges only a bad experience is all I got. Disappointed that your place is so not consumer friendly walk into a small waiting room with black windows have to ring bell before anyone will wait on you. Finally someone came asked him about the hinges said for slingshot said yes will have to go ask slingshot mechanic came back said he is working on one will be out shortly. After ten minutes or so of waiting left when no one came out. 150 miles to get there won’t be back. Kyle D

• Was at your place today to look at your hinges only a bad experience is all I got. Disappointed that your place is so not consumer friendly walk into a small waiting room with black windows have to ring bell before anyone will wait on you. Finally someone came asked him about the hinges said for slingshot said yes will have to go ask slingshot mechanic came back said he is working on one will be out shortly. After ten minutes or so of waiting left when no one came out. 150 miles to get there won’t be back. Kyle D

ZZP as far as I understand, is not a commercial retail store. It's not an Autozone or a speed shop with a big showroom of parts and sales people. The money made to stay in business is in the shop. I can't speak for you, I don't know anything about you. But if I drove 150 miles and dropped in unannounced to see Kyle and his shop and had serious interest in a product he had for sale, I wouldn't have left in 10 minutes or so. Had I called ahead and made an appointment I might have been a tad disgruntled after a 10 minute wait, but I'd still have stayed to see why the delay happened.

I only made this comment based on the info I quoted. I know if I showed up unannounced at what appeared to be (after I actually got there on site) a small business after driving up to 3 hours one way..... I'd have waited more than 10 minutes to get my answers. Now if they treated me poorly when they came to speak with me, that would be a different situation.

• My experience with ZZP and Kyle D was just the opposite, I did have an appointment to meet with KYLE and it was on a Saturday Morning . Kyle was at the shop waiting when I arrived , I was about 30 minutes late, He was very helpful and receptive to my questions. I have had a number of times that I have called him for questions pertaining to my set up and every time I have had an answer with in a reasonable amount of time. When in Maggie Valley, I spoke with KYLE about a 2 issues I was having with my Slingshot and he personally took the time to sort each of them out himself, one was hands on with his set of tools and the second Kyle made a few phone calls and rectified the issue. Customer service seems above and beyond anything I would have expected.

'It's about the ride not the destination"