• welcome canegrinder . These guys really do know their stuff. A ton of helpful individuals that tear these things down and rebuild them all of the time. As well as putting on new stuff to make them meaner, faster, and well you get the idea. again, welcome.

• Welcome canegrinder!

Pictures save words...

Click here for Infotainment Removal

No real need to remove the command center...

Remove original windshield and then carefully reach in from the front tunnel from the engine side to install brace retaining nuts. Recommended not to do over a hot engine...

Videos really nail it down!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Edited once, last by airoutlaw ().

• EJ, tell me how to install this windshield and center brace without pulling the radio. My SS came without a center brace so I ordered one W/windshield.

Takes two people----open the hood and someone with reasonable slender arm ---you can reach in the space and hold the backing plat while and second person bolts the brace in place. If you drop a bolt in before you start you'll be able to feel your way around. The dash probably has a cap --- pop it and play before windshield gets in. I'm gong to pm you....

• Well, I got my windshield today and said to myself I can get started on installation. Wrong!! Called Slingmods and informed them I did not get the center bracket. Its on back order. They will ship it sometime this month. Sooo, I'll sit here twiddling my thumbs for a while and read all the posts.

• Well, I got my windshield today and said to myself I can get started on installation. Wrong!! Called Slingmods and informed them I did not get the center bracket. Its on back order. They will ship it sometime this month. Sooo, I'll sit here twiddling my thumbs for a while and read all the posts.

You are way more patient than I could be. If this happened to me I would be trying to find the center bracket at a different vendor and having it over nighted

edit - jut checked DDM and they show out of stock as well - - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• You are way more patient than I could be. If this happened to me I would be trying to find the center bracket at a different vendor and having it over nighted

edit - jut checked DDM and they show out of stock as well - - -

Only problem with that is the bracket I ordered is paid for. Slingmods had a bracket in stock that was $30.00 more but I didn't bite. I told them I would wait for the one I ordered.

Give Don Frank a call at F4 Customs --- I think he stocks some. Get a refund from Slingmods. Let him know that you got the new F4.

• Welcome to the SS family my friend. Enjoy your new machine. I joined a couple of weeks ago but haven't had the SS out of the garge since I bought her home a couple weeks ago. Anyhoo, be safe and enjoy!!!

I just got back from a ride. I now have 2300 miles on it. I bought mine in Oct. 2018 and I do enjoy it.^^

• I just got back from a ride. I now have 2300 miles on it. I bought mine in Oct. 2018 and I do enjoy it.^^

Of course you are member canegrinder ! They even let me join, being a plank holder did not hurt, LOL Other than being military this group is the tightest! I do not even own a SS anymore, I visit my friends.

Cape Sling, What part of SW Florida are you in. I'm from Sumter County originally was born in Bushnell and raised in Lake Panasoffkee.

• Cape Sling, What part of SW Florida are you in. I'm from Sumter County originally was born in Bushnell and raised in Lake Panasoffkee.

I'm in Cape Coral, not far from Wingshots's new house. I have a trach and the SS was just too hot for me here in Florida. I'm back on two wheels now. Flybuddy is local here too. I was in Germany for around 24 years and was OEM'd in New Hampshire.

Home of the free - because of the brave

• I'm in Cape Coral, not far from Wingshots's new house. I have a trach and the SS was just too hot for me here in Florida. I'm back on two wheels now. Flybuddy is local here too. I was in Germany for around 24 years and was OEM'd in New Hampshire.

I had to go in the opposite direction. I guess I got to Old to ride on 2 wheels. It got to the point that every time my wife rode with me we dumped it. She is a lefty and had to mount the bike from the right side. I just could not hold it up., Answer to problem. Slingshot!!