She’s Working On It Again!

• Well she got the body lines all mapped out and laid out on a new piece of lexan then the water jet guy said he couldn't do it unless I could provide him with a cad program to go by. I have some contacts that could probably do all the measuring and write the program but I'm too impatient for all that. I got out my ole trusty rusty jig saw and did what any good man would do. That's right, I cut that sucker out by hand. Turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself. Installed and un-installed it about 20 times making some final touches with a file but the finished product is nice. I made sure a thin business card would fit underneath it everywhere. I'll remove it again after a few miles and see if things are flexing enough to allow it to touch paint. If not then I think we have one that could be measured for a cad program pattern. Time will tell.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Hey Ghost,

Here are a couple of tips when cutting Lexan or any plastic....That is if you don't already know them.

1. Put a piece of painters tape over the length of the cut

2. Keep spraying water as you cut. It prevents the plastic from melting

I learned the hard way after ruining too many pieces that I care to admit

Hope this helps.

Barry

• Thanks SlingRed - I have some plexi pieces that I plan to cut into a wind restrictor this summer - Your tips will come in handy as I have to cut mine with a Bosch jigsaw, I don't have any access to a water jet cutter!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Hi Tim Ghost , I can help with a cad program drawing if you need one for yourselves , forum friends etc , You know what I would like to do with a copy , message me if you're interested

Bring your measuring tape to MV with you. It don't take 5 minutes to take it out now that she's got it all worked out. You can measure it or trace it out either one. I'm sure each will have their own reason for wanting one but our reason it to block the turbulence and keep the exhaust from rolling over the back and into the cockpit. Everyone just needs to be clear that it is specifically designed to work with the slingshade and also that they may need to make minor altercations to the lower edge with a file for their desired clearance. I want mine as tight as possible without rubbing the paint. I thought we would have a chance today to get it out an make a test run but it has rained all day:(

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868