Can't Get Hood Unlatched

• My drivers side hood latches won't disengage. I recently had a cold air intake installed and now a few weeks later the hood won't unlatch on that side. I really don't want to drive it to the dealer. Any ideas are welcome. Funny that before the CAT install that side wouldn't latch all the time.

• My drivers side hood latches won't disengage. I recently had a cold air intake installed and now a few weeks later the hood won't unlatch on that side. I really don't want to drive it to the dealer. Any ideas are welcome. Funny that before the CAT install that side wouldn't latch all the time.

Just a shot in the dark ......As you pull up on the hood have someone apply a little downward pressure on the side that won't un-latch..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Are you sure the intake didn’t stick up too high for some reason and now it’s binding on the bottom of the hood? Causing the catch to put up pressure on the latch to keep it from opening?

When the latches are working properly everything is wonderful...when they don’t it’s a nightmare...

Could a cable on that side be broken? Or out of adjustment?

Maybe have someone push down over the latches on that side while you work the lever..

• Tried pushing down to relieve the pressure and it still won't unlatch. The cables are still intact. I'm thinking the CAT is causing pressure to the hood and keeping that side from releasing. Not sure if I can reach under by the tire and pull the cable or not. Also thank you for all your help. This forum is amazing!

• Red Rocker I have the same issue going on right now. My hood worked perfectly until one day it wouldn't unlatch the driver's side. You can open it by reaching in under the fender over the front tire and applying forward pressure to the front latch and/or pushing on the bare wire that goes to the rear latch. If pushing doesn't pop it you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it forward to pop the latch. When I opened mine it appeared that the cables had somehow suddenly stretched as there appeared to be excess slack in them. I still haven't got mine properly adjusted though I haven't spent much time on it.

I'll have a couple pics for you shortly but when I went out to the garage my freezer was defrosting and I have a bunch of elk/venison/beef/pork to save and a mess to clean up. Back in a while...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Red Rocker I have the same issue going on right now. My hood worked perfectly until one day it wouldn't unlatch the driver's side. You can open it by reaching in under the fender over the front tire and applying forward pressure to the front latch and/or pushing on the bare wire that goes to the rear latch. If pushing doesn't pop it you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it forward to pop the latch. When I opened mine it appeared that the cables had somehow suddenly stretched as there appeared to be excess slack in them. I still haven't got mine properly adjusted though I haven't spent much time on it.

I'll have a couple pics for you shortly but when I went out to the garage my freezer was defrosting and I have a bunch of elk/venison/beef/pork to save and a mess to clean up. Back in a while...

When you get it open....the cable ends have threaded nuts to increase or decrease the cable length....they might have vibrated loose and the cable length changed....might try blue thread lock on the nut threads...once you get them adjusted...

• Almost since I got my 16.5 SL DATSling last September, I, too, have had trouble with my hood. At first it took my son (14, burly) and me to lift the hood into its upright position. It sticks on the driver's side. Dealer could not adjust or repair and even put a call into Polaris HQ for guidance! I bought a triangular hard-foam pad about 18" long x 6" high x 9-10" deep. Pull the handle, push the cushion in, go back to the front hood handgrip, and voila! pull the hood open. Cumbersome, yes, but it works and most important, with only one person.