Yet Another Brake Bleed Thread

• We all have had issues with getting all the air out of our brake systems at one time or another. Most of us have tried the gravel road or grass area to skid in order to activate the ABS module then bleed the system again. But I have a question, has anybody tried to activate the brake module electrically? That is has anybody tried to pull the wire harness off the ABS module then wire the 1 and 13 pins to make the module motor run so you can bleed like at the dealer and the Electric Wrench? Looking at the harness connector on page 11.47 of the shop manual shows the pin out to indicate that pin 1 is the EPS motor relay output and pin 13 as the EPS motor ground. So if we ground pin 13 on the module to ground, then power pin 1 should we be able to run the EPS motor and then be able to bleed the brake system just like the dealer?

I put it up to the infinitely wiser people here on the site to beat this around to see if there is a way to power up the ABS motor safely.

Or has there been a bleed procedure that works well that I have missed seeing on the site?

LC :?::?::?:

• I think that I had it to come in while in reverse and hitting the brakes hard. I have not had it happen lately but a couple of years ago I had it to chatter when I was in reverse a couple of different times. Failing that, cut you off a 5/16 clear tubing about 4 or 5 inches long to slide over the bleeder and open the bleeder up and let the tube fill up a couple of inches and then close the bleeder. Put you a rag around the bleeder and pinch the hose off and remove carefully, so you will not make a mess. This is the way I did it when we were having all of the air problems. Also I still bleed my brakes about every 5 to 6,000 miles using the method (Gravity Bleed) but using about a 18 inch piece of tubing. I just changed the brake fluid a few miles ago doing this. I also change the clutch fluid by mopping out the fluid with paper towels and adding new Dot 4.

• If I'm not mistaken (could be since I didn't read the whole posting) but Polaris dealers have the ability to energize the abs module when they hook your slingshot up to their digital wrench computer so they can properly bleed the brakes. Not sure what they would charge you for that service, but if you've had spongy brakes since day one, they may do it for you at a reduced price. JMHO

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Dealer has already done the ABS bleed deal with the Electric Wrench . I did a powder coat on the rotors and calipers so the brake bleed is on me. Just wanted to hit up the brain trust on the forum to see what light the could shed on the deal.

LC

• Those just getting into the SlingShot today prolly will never know the trials and tribulations we early owners of the SlingShot went through! :)

Bill

All I can say to that is Thank God! So far my 17 SLR sling has had nothing go wrong except most recently the god awful brake light failure light coming on but I'm under warranty till 22. Will get that looked at when I go in for the seat belt recall. Glad I missed out on the rest.

• Those just getting into the SlingShot today prolly will never know the trials and tribulations we early owners of the SlingShot went through! :)

Bill

The dreaded rear bearing shenannegans comes to mind, probably the worst of all early little quirks.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.