2018-Up Polaris Slingshot Radio Install Solutions

• Could you clarify this? Your video seemed to jump around some and wasn't clear on what parts on your website would be needed to install a double-din radio into the 2018+

You also mentioned a waterproofing method (we talked on the phone about this as well), any progress on that?

Thanks

• As of right now we do not have a water resistant solution for double din applications for any year of Slingshots. We plan to come up with something, but probably will not happen overnight. We are working on our new universal double din mount plate, that has to come first, and should be soon. I was able to create a solution using our SSDK2018 (Had to modify the opening) and the Metra 99-9721 Polaris Slingshot water shield install kit. Using them together could create a very inexpensive solution for 2018 and Up models. Below is a mock up of what that looked like. It does take some mods to outside of metra kit and to our plate opening but it looks pretty good and will work!!!

• Do you have a picture of what you are talking about?

not at the moment but if you look behind the stock radio of the 2018 there is the main harness and then the antenna wire. In between those two there is something that looks like a plug with a wire attached to it. If you have no idea I'll get a pic later for you to view

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• As of right now we do not have a water resistant solution for double din applications for any year of Slingshots. We plan to come up with something, but probably will not happen overnight. We are working on our new universal double din mount plate, that has to come first, and should be soon. I was able to create a solution using our SSDK2018 (Had to modify the opening) and the Metra 99-9721 Polaris Slingshot water shield install kit. Using them together could create a very inexpensive solution for 2018 and Up models. Below is a mock up of what that looked like. It does take some mods to outside of metra kit and to our plate opening but it looks pretty good and will work!!!

I've tried one of those metra's, the shield is flimsy and broke pretty quickly, plus is scratches badly when you retract it.

Got a friend looking for a solution right now and doesn't want to wait for everything that is in development (understandable, it's almost the 2020 season and we will be 3 years into the new style and no great options for double-din).

Thanks

• I fully understand! You do have to realize tooling for new products is super expensive. Most people don't understand that side of it. And there is no way it will happen overnight. Limited production of parts drives the cost through the roof. I know as a consumer it is frustrating! As a vendor, it is beyond frustrating, we want to provide customers solutions, but financially with the amount a vendor would sell it makes them very expensive. Amortizing the up front tooling cost is the only solution, and it drives the product cost up even more. I get your pain man!!!

• I had one out of the dash just a few days back, but honestly does not come to mind, so a picture would help!

This blue item has 2 wires coming out from it. one wire goes to the antenna and the other goes behind the dash somewhere. I'm not interested as to what they are for but just want to know how to disconnect it from the radio. I have tried pulling it and twisting it and nothing happens.

• I am honestly not sure what that is. But I can tell you that by the looks it is not supposed to come out. Have you followed it to see what it plugs into?

like i said one end goes to the antenna and not sure where the other end goes to. So I can't remove the radio from the SS because that is attached to it. I have to always lean the radio on its side and work around it because of this plug or whatever it is lol