UHHHHH NASTY!

• My wife got this email from a colleague today...

My uncles neighbor found this in his yard in haddam!
    It was very aggressive so he had to shoot it!

Having Bear, coyote sightings and now this...Im not big into snakes :huh:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Here's a western diamondback rattler caught not very far from my house...

Okay, I just pooped my pants!!! You can rest assured, I will never pass through New Mexico...again. Karma would have me break down right next to a family of these guys. And we all know how that would end!!!!! Yep, more poop!!!!!!

• I'll never tell!!!Seriously, you guys see these all the time out there??? I don't have an affinity for anything snake-like. They give me the ibby-gibbies!!!!!! =O=O

Yes, 5 species of rattlesnakes exist in this area but the western diamondback is the most prevalent. Have seen quite a few. If you don't bother them, they won't bother you. They're kind enough to warn you if you're too close... :thumbup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Okay, I just pooped my pants!!! You can rest assured, I will never pass through New Mexico...again. Karma would have me break down right next to a family of these guys. And we all know how that would end!!!!! Yep, more poop!!!!!!

Better knock South Florider off your list too ...

She just wants to give you a big hug ............

We have these guys too .... much cuter (and tastier) than those there Western types ....

............ confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• @Orangeman I've eaten western diamondback prepared by a friend, a lifelong NM man. It was actually delicious. (It had been injured so he put it out of its misery, didn't maliciously kill it). Personally, I never kill them, they serve a purpose. They do a great job of keeping the rodent population in check. I have a snake grabbing tool & a 5-gallon bucket with a screw on lid. Whenever I find them in my neighborhood I just pick 'em up with the tool, drop 'em in the bucket & take them out into the desert away from populated areas. (Most people call Animal Control but I don't trust them & don't want the snake to be hurt). Here's my snake tool...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

@Tripod we have V-Shot on the ropes now where did Mr. @rabtech go .... I'm sure we can dig up some more desert vs. tropical giant spider pics ... laugh-squared

I actually let my friends talk me into going to a rattlesnake roundup in Refugio Texas back in the day. I swear, felt like pissin' my pants every turn I made. That was not a fun day. Who the hell thinks up things like this. Oh, that's right! I was in Texas! Gotta' love Texas!!!! All in all, it was a great duty station...NAS Chase Field in Beeville. I think they turned it into a prison or something. Still don't care for snakes!!! And for that matter, snake chili! That's just wrong, in so many ways!!!!

• I have a 6' Black Snake live under my shop - Haji is his name. it has been there since it was a youngin. Have a collection of his skins he has shed over the years. haven't seen him much this year but it is still a little cold. He never bothers me and his favorite meal is copperheads. Have another one under the house call "Cat" - haven't had a mouse in 7 years.
    They are actually beautiful creatures to watch - have any of you ever seen one climb a tree? It is mind boggling how they move.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I have a 6' Black Snake live under my shop - Haji is his name. it has been there since it was a youngin. Have a collection of his skins he has shed over the years. haven't seen him much this year but it is still a little cold. He never bothers me and his favorite meal is copperheads. Have another one under the house call "Cat" - haven't had a mouse in 7 years.
    They are actually beautiful creatures to watch - have any of you ever seen one climb a tree? It is mind boggling how they move.

I'm only 5' 9" on a good day! You have a 6' snake under your shop? @MACAWS, I love you like a brother, but I won't be having any work done on my SS in your shop any time soon. Seriously, snakes and I have an understanding....they don't mess with me, and I don't scream like a girl!!!!! Snakes, spiders, and green M&Ms with peanuts!!! That's where I draw the line! As for the green M&Ms with peanuts...if you have never been shot with one, fired from a "wrist-rocket slingshot", don't judge me!!! I still have nightmares from that!!!!!
    Just in case you have never seen a "wrist rocket slingshot"...

Go ahead, pity me!!! Back in the day, this was the PREMIERE slingshot!!! I just happen to be on the receiving end at that time!!!