Dual front handbrake controller soon to be added

• I love my line lock. It has been one of the most used goodies on my SS. Now its time to step the game up a little more. I have noticed when i try to keep the tire spinning in a curve it either grabs and pulls or it keeps coming around. I have been playing around with how slow I can go and keep the rear spinning. And as long as i can slightly control the brake on the front everything works. It drifts best when its held back a little on the front.

And here is my answer to the problem. Individual front manual handbrake controllers.

And before anyone gets excited and tells me ill loose the middle arm area i have see how the handles come off so when im not in the mountains or at the beach i can take them off and get my space back.

Here is my latest purchase. They are on the way from Britain now.

Ill do alot of pics as I do the install. And post them in this thread.

• I've seen the single drift levers, but what is the advantage of separate levers? My knowledge very limited.

yes I would like to know as well. there is a youtube video of a professional driver on the streets of San Diego and he is very clearly using a leaver like this in his drifting, but it looks to be a single break and I dont know if its breaking the rear or the front - I suspect its the rear, but correct me if not

here is a link - look at :48 seconds of the video and you will see a handle that looks very much like these

Slingshot in San Diego

here is a screen shot

i-WmQSf56.png

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• In most Slingshots when your back tire is spinning it wants to slide (or kick out) sideways. I have noticed that my Slingshot seems to defeat that inertia when im doing a burnout and go straight as an arrow. I am pretty sure its because my back tire is spinning quite a bit faster than most slingshots that do a burnout. This seems to be due to it having an automatic transmission and allowing it to shift into 2nd and 3rd almost instantly. Which makes for some really smokey straight line burnouts.....

So now that i have started messing around trying to go around corners at slower speeds while trying to keep the back end spinning or drifting if you like that term (STRICTLY TO ACT LIKE A 2 YEAR OLD:thumbsup:) I have found that the "kickout effect" has come back at those slower speeds. When you only have the one rear wheel you cant treat it like a car and just use the counter steer method to keep it positioned correctly. And you cant add more throttle because you will end up swapping ends.

So here is my guess as to how to cheat the forces that twist us in a slow tire burning corner... use each tires front brake separately to slightly keep you from over rotating. Kinda like the tractor brake but bassakward. My first thought was probably like everyone else when it first came into my head. I thought it wouldnt work because it would just push itself on around no matter which tire up front was braking. But at these much slower speeds I think i can add very slight resistance to one tire up front and it is going to push straight rather than allow it to over rotate.

Were basically just wanting to take away the slingshots natural desire to walk around when your spinng at a slower speed.

And if it doesnt work ill just use it as another parking brake when its loaded in the trailer.... And if I find that it is just to dangerous and uncontrollable ill pull the pins out and leave the handles in the trailer. I just have to try this out. Its not a terribly expensive project and if it works like i think it will then I have a new toy to play with.... :thumbsup:

Side note....I guess i need to add this info for the people that havent seen my setup and are wondering about the ABS and ECU having a fit. I havent had ABS or traction control for almsot 2 years. I run a Haltech ECU and I already have a line lock that we use regularly. So that is how I can run this without errors and codes popping up...

• That’s sweet! I’m adding a handle to my rear wheel to help initiate a drift so I don’t run the risk of high siding. Can’t wait to see the process and results on your install of this. Is that how they market these handles you bought for controlling the fronts individually?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• No. Im sure this is for front and rear control. Well im guessing it is. I got the narrow model due to limited space. And i noticed that you just adjust the clevis so the each handle is at a little different position.

These have a pass through master cylinder so you can hook them in line with your regular brake system.

Worst case is that i end up having8 two ways to line lock my front if my theory doesn't work. And ill be out a few hundred dollars. We have all pissed away that much on something we didnt have to have before.....:thumbsup:

• That’s sweet! I’m adding a handle to my rear wheel to help initiate a drift so I don’t run the risk of high siding. Can’t wait to see the process and results on your install of this. Is that how they market these handles you bought for controlling the fronts individually?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

this is exactly what I think they did to she slingshot in the San Diego video I posted above. If you watch it they show him using it in a few different parts

• No. Im sure this is for front and rear control. Well im guessing it is. I got the narrow model due to limited space. And i noticed that you just adjust the clevis so the each handle is at a little different position.

These have a pass through master cylinder so you can hook them in line with your regular brake system.

Worst case is that i end up having8 two ways to line lock my front if my theory doesn't work. And ill be out a few hundred dollars. We have all pissed away that much on something we didnt have to have before.....:thumbsup:

Yeah I know... most of my life I spent most of my money on women and booze... the rest I just wasted.

• Hey rabtech do you have any up dates on this - very curious as to how this works out