Need some information

• Some companies get aftermarket parts and modify it to make then their own. But 99% of those parts are car parts seating on warehouses. And i know working with car clubs in florida that those nice disk rotors and calipers included brake pad parts are aftermarket car parts. I hope someone is getting those numbers and do a cross reference part list ...

• Pads are the only option to cross reference. Calipers and rotors are vehicle specific due to offsets and and mounting locations.

I can give you part numbers for rotors and calipers that "can" work on a slingshot. But, then you will need custom made rotor hats with the proper offset. Then you will need custom made mounting brackets for the calipers as nothing will direct bolt-up. Oh, then you will need an adapter for the factory brake line to mate up to said caliper or run all new soft lines. Then the R&D to make sure everything fits and works.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Pads are the only option to cross reference. Calipers and rotors are vehicle specific due to offsets and and mounting locations.

I can give you part numbers for rotors and calipers that "can" work on a slingshot. But, then you will need custom made rotor hats with the proper offset. Then you will need custom made mounting brackets for the calipers as nothing will direct bolt-up. Oh, then you will need an adapter for the factory brake line to mate up to said caliper or run all new soft lines. Then the R&D to make sure everything fits and works.

Nice write up,.. I'm tracking you,8o but did Polaris go to the drawing board and make all the parts specific for the Slingshot? My first thought is no, why not get something already made and mass produced for some other vehicle? There might be a single vehicle out there that they used. After all, the motor is a everyday motor with regular motor parts. Sure pay a lot from Polaris or just go to an auto parts store. I'm no mechanic and rely on specific parts but would love some kind of cross reference.

• Nice write up,.. I'm tracking you,8o but did Polaris go to the drawing board and make all the parts specific for the Slingshot? My first thought is no, why not get something already made and mass produced for some other vehicle? There might be a single vehicle out there that they used. After all, the motor is a everyday motor with regular motor parts. Sure pay a lot from Polaris or just go to an auto parts store. I'm no mechanic and rely on specific parts but would love some kind of cross reference.

No, Polaris did not make them. They provided a design and had the parts made. By what seems to be very cheap manufacturers in some cases. If you cross reference the part number of the rotors and the calipers there are no known matches. Dave (DDM), Henry (Alpha), and I have attempted and failed so far. That's why we made our own kits.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

Edited once, last by WraithSS ().

• Nice write up,.. I'm tracking you,8o but did Polaris go to the drawing board and make all the parts specific for the Slingshot? My first thought is no, why not get something already made and mass produced for some other vehicle? There might be a single vehicle out there that they used. After all, the motor is a everyday motor with regular motor parts. Sure pay a lot from Polaris or just go to an auto parts store. I'm no mechanic and rely on specific parts but would love some kind of cross reference.

I’ve been waiting for that list myself....much easier to use parts someone else already designed and engineered...

But by using proprietary parts made by them they can ask higher prices...and keep the market cornered.....

I just saw a drug company that has over 200 patents on the same drug with very slight modifications to the formula....to keep the patents from running out so other companies can’t make genetics .....corporate greed at its finest...