DATSling update

• #1 Brakes — dealer installed Hawk 5.0 pads and I could feel a significant difference, mostly in modulation but also greater stopper power (5%? 10%? hard to tell). The next day I installed the DDMworks master cylinder brace and the brakes felt rock-solid. Excellent pedal feel, quick but not excessive bite, overall a much safer-feeling experience. The stock brakes were sort of a toggle — off off ON! — which I found difficult to get used to. Pleased with this fairly moderately priced upgrade, especially where control and safety are involved.

#2 CAI — bought the stock unit that now comes on the ’19 SLRs. Power gains, if any, are very modest but I love the improved feel of the midrange RPMs — say, 3-4.5K — and that nice little growly note like my giant tabby purring on my lap. The only other engine mod I would do now, besides cosmetic, is Bob’s MEFI tune.

#3 New battery, tender/charger, emergency battery-powered jumper, and battery jump/charge ports in the back quarter panel to keep all this sh*t from happening again!

• Swap out the paper filter for a good washable K&N.

Oh, and remember... pictures or it didn't happen. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• #2 CAI — bought the stock unit that now comes on the ’19 SLRs. Power gains, if any, are very modest but I love the improved feel of the midrange RPMs — say, 3-4.5K — and that nice little growly note like my giant tabby purring on my lap. The only other engine mod I would do now, besides cosmetic, is Bob’s MEFI tune.

I definitely agree with 2W2X1, throw a K&N filter on there. We just did testing with the SLR intake on our dyno and put it up against the stock air box from my 2015 SL and our ZZP cold air intake. The SLR intake flowed the least amount of air and produced the least amount of power mostly due to the generic air filter they use on there. A K&N filter would likely help a bit. As for tuning, I will have tuning ready for sale next week if you can hold out. Cost is $350 vs $500 for mefi bobs tune. Just food for thought. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me if you'd like.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Kyle D would you clarify something for me? I've followed your N/A power thread and there was some dialogue about not necessarily needing a tune for 91 octane. I get 92 out here in the NW, am N/A with CAI, header and cat-delete exhaust. I've been planning on a tune for improved performance and drivability - smoother/broader powerband, reduced rev-hang and possibly mileage improvement, not for increased HP. Will I benefit from your tune or will I be disappointed?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Kyle D would you clarify something for me? I've followed your N/A power thread and there was some dialogue about not necessarily needing a tune for 91 octane. I get 92 out here in the NW, am N/A with CAI, header and cat-delete exhaust. I've been planning on a tune for improved performance and drivability - smoother/broader powerband, reduced rev-hang and possibly mileage improvement, not for increased HP. Will I benefit from your tune or will I be disappointed?

I would say you're going to see similar gains to 93 on both 91 and 92 octane. We're only talking 1-2 points of octane really . With that said, the question is someone running 91 or 92 octane going to see an improvement in overall drive-ability? Absolutely. The power numbers should also be pretty close to 93. I think the tune on 91 or 92 is going to be an improvement over the stock tune definitely. While the raw power gains were not huge from tuning, from what I felt, it definitely woke the Slingshot up and it felt better over the entire power band, the mid range felt a lot stronger, and the SS was a lot more responsive overall. I hate to speak for you but after driving a bone stock SLR and going to a similar package as you with a tune, I do not think you would be disappointed.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke