Loans approved... waiting for the sling to get ready to join the Club.

• My dealer of choice Nielsen's Ent., Lake Villa, Il. 125 miles one way for my oil change --- worth the trip --- Best service department.

I've been there before, really nice people! I'm stuck on my number & they're stuck on theirs. If Nielsen's would get to 17k on a SL like the deal our friend just got. I'll run out the house with no shoes on getting there!

• I've been there before, really nice people! I'm stuck on my number & they're stuck on theirs. If Nielsen's would get to 17k on a SL like the deal our friend just got. I'll run out the house with no shoes on getting there!

Nielsen's is one of the top in the country in Slingshots out the door. In my opinion service after the sale is more important than price.

• Nielsen's is one of the top in the country in Slingshots out the door. In my opinion service after the sale is more important than price.

I see your point. I bought a few bikes from Champion Cycle on Western Ave. I got really good deals from them. But I wouldn't use their service even if it was free.

• I see your point. I bought a few bikes from Champion Cycle on Western Ave. I got really good deals from them. But I wouldn't use their service even if it was free.

I bought both 2015 & 2016 from Nielsen's --- 2015 in Feb 2015 & 2016 in Sept 2015 --- Neither time frame could you talk discount price...but they did not jack up the FEES like a lot of dealers were doing. I got Slingshots when other guys were waiting weeks / months. (and we couldn't buy in Indiana in Feb of 2015.

• I bought both 2015 & 2016 from Nielsen's --- 2015 in Feb 2015 & 2016 in Sept 2015 --- Neither time frame could you talk discount price...but they did not jack up the FEES like a lot of dealers were doing. I got Slingshots when other guys were waiting weeks / months. (and we couldn't buy in Indiana in Feb of 2015.

I remember that. I'm sure Maxim Power Sports wasn't happy about that.

• I remember that. I'm sure Maxim Power Sports wasn't happy about that.

My Slingshot was the very FIRST registered and titled in Indiana....When I posted that Indiana guys were raising H--- with dealers and getting money back that dealers had been holding for many months. Going to IL, MI, OH and KY to get one. Did help to get the ball rolling.

• My Slingshot was the very FIRST registered and titled in Indiana....When I posted that Indiana guys were raising H--- with dealers and getting money back that dealers had been holding for many months. Going to IL, MI, OH and KY to get one. Did help to get the ball rolling.

They should be forever grateful :-)

• Well the story goes like this, I went to Coleman powersports in Virginia. Was looking to trade in the Harley as I can’t ride for 2 years due to being attacked by a Rottweiler on NYE last year. They lowballed the hell out of me and having read the forums about taking a long drive to a dealer I started looking around at all the others. I also checked Facebook for used to find a good deal.

I found a 2018 for 18,5. Got him to drop to 18 even pretty easy. That’s when things get harder. I got 3 loans approved in short order of varying apr. ( for the record navy federal and usaa start at 9.6 regardless of credit rating so avoid them service credit union drops to the 4.2 range if it’s good )

anyway he was an older guy and did not trust this new fangled internet thing. Didn’t want any part of it. So things like my bank is requesting a scan of your title didn’t work. After him backing out of the deal 2 times because he couldn’t go to a bank and deal with a human I said f it and did a loan with navy so he could deal with humans as we have navy fed near by. When he was supposed to show up he missed the appointment at the bank that he whined so hard for. So I ended up delivering the check to him never having visited the bank completely eliminating every last piece of his justification for not using my low apr place. All that said, I immeditaely lined up the low apr place to refi me back down to 4.2 away from navy.

Sorry for the long boring part of the story. It was actually really interesting to have it all go wrong cause I used the high apr to get another 1k off and still got the low apr in the end.

So I pick it up on a Thursday. It has the esp light which I read about. I take it to the dealer on Saturday. When I’m told that the bike is 6 weeks old and was purchased there on feb 13th 2019.

So 17k for a 6 week old slingshot SL...

All in all.... all the hell.... totally worth it.

• Welcome Sam. I thought the Slingshot was a great purchase for me and my woman. It was. But this forum has made the Slingshot experience so so so much more. Get to some events. I have had my Slingshot for a year and the events are just as fun as the ride.:thumbsup:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Welcome just get seat time before all mods. Rest assured, we will help you spend your money on mods . Come to Maggie valley N C and meet an ride May 29 through June 3

Welcome

Keep Three Wheels Down