A UTV ROLL CAGE ON A SLINGSHOT

• Pretty sure I have seen this one before - The guy, Austin, is a member of the Cali slingshot group on face book - - Unless he has already done so I think he is trying to sell this slingshot.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• after looking at it again. Im pretty positive you would have to be very very short to see out the window. Look how close the sterring wheel is to the top. I am 6'3" and i have the tall f4 windshild and i cant get low enough to hide completly below it. So i think my initial assessment is correct.

being I have to keep my seat forward to get the clutch down , I think I could get in and out okay, I had an elderly uncle who always joked , I was suing the City , for building the sidewalk so close to my ass !

• Custom one offs can be so much fun. Limited in driver usability for large segment of the population. So wish that kind of creative freedom exist for Mass market consumption.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• yah it's hard to say if hes chopped the outside corners of the hood or how they clear there , but interesting

I don't think they had to chop any of the hood. It looks like he made brackets where the stock mirrors mount to and then added mirrors to the bar. When we were thinking about doing a full cage, that is where were going to attach as well.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I don't think they had to chop any of the hood. It looks like he made brackets where the stock mirrors mount to and then added mirrors to the bar. When we were thinking about doing a full cage, that is where were going to attach as well.

yah but I think they've done something there with the outer tips of the hood , did they cut them off or do they extend in under that base windshield piece which would have to raise somehow to allow the hood to open . This is what I'm dealing with now with a new windshield frame, tee bars and bringing new windshield all the way down , having to leave it notched enough to allow those long outside hood tips to clear any windshield above that is trying to come forward to mount to mirror post brackets. The factory hood tips extend back behind the mirror posts quite a bit, where did his go ?