The Truth About Natural Power - A Look At What Makes Power and How Much

• Well you guys voted and wanted everything as I got it. So just as a start, I just took possession of the virgin SLR that is going to be providing us with the real world data that we have all been looking for. I'll be getting started on Monday as long as Mother Nature cooperates so stay tuned..................

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• This is great - Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ok guys,

It's been pretty cold all day. However, we went over and got some base line data to start from. We are currently putting the catless down pipe on now. I probably will not have more data until tomorrow. We made 163whp and 165tq.

• 163whp and 165tq bone stock is better than I expected - - I was expecting the losses to be greater by the time it got to the ground.

really looking forward to seeing what the different adds are going to do.

out of curiosity will you be testing with your header / exhaust system?

• 163whp and 165tq bone stock is better than I expected - - I was expecting the losses to be greater by the time it got to the ground.

Hey Kyle D

Any chance of seeing a short video of these tests?

I'm a bet that they sound is awesome! 😘

We got everything done just now minus the tune of course. We tested the cat delete, the SLR stock intake vs my 2015 stock air box vs our ZZP intake, and the exhaust package. Man o man do I have some data for you guys BUT....you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Had the media guys out there earlier taking video, sound clips, and photos. I will get with them again tomorrow to get some more video and sound clips.

With all of the parts tested. The video portion may take a few days but I will definitely post it. Tomorrow I will get some more video and then overnight the PCM to CA and I should have the PCM back by Wednesday. Depending on what time it arrives, I will start tuning Wednesday or Thursday and get more results for you.

Have a great night gents.........and ladies.

• Is it tomorrow already?

Stoked you are doing this.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

My guess is that the numbers at the crank are slightly higher than the advertised 173hp and 166tq.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Just remember, different Dyno's different numbers

well the 173 hp number that Polaris shows in the specs is the same as what is shown in the specs for the various solstices and sky's that use the same motor - this makes me suspect that Polaris has never even put the slingshot on a dyno. I suspect they just report generic numbers as provided by GM.

if they actually reported their own specs as shown on a dyno I would think the numbers would be a bit different

• Just remember, different Dyno's different numbers

The main reason we use a mustang dyno is because you get a real world number as you can have an accurate load based on aerodynamics, and vehicle weight. The mustang dyno also takes into consideration outside temp. and barometric pressure so you get results as you would see on the street. This is why some claim that mustang dynos read low. But in reality, it's not low, it's accurate. Where a Dynojet does not have the ability to take all of that data into consideration because its just a weighted roller that the vehicle has to spin as fast as it can regardless of it being a motorcycle or a semi truck.

• well the 173 hp number that Polaris shows in the specs is the same as what is shown in the specs for the various solstices and sky's that use the same motor - this makes me suspect that Polaris has never even put the slingshot on a dyno. I suspect they just report generic numbers as provided by GM.

if they actually reported their own specs as shown on a dyno I would think the numbers would be a bit different

I am not talking GM's rated HP. It is just like Kyle D also just said, different dyno's and you get different numbers. Where it helps you is when you are doing what Kyle is doing, make a change and see if you get a HP/torque increase or decrease and how much. That number, relates to the changes that you have made. I have seen on another dyno 155 rwhp stock, not even CAI, I think it was. Or was it 143 hp? I am old so my memory is not the best in the world

• I am not talking GM's rated HP. It is just like Kyle D also just said, different dyno's and you get different numbers. Where it helps you is when you are doing what Kyle is doing, make a change and see if you get a HP/torque increase or decrease and how much. That number, relates to the changes that you have made. I have seen on another dyno 155 rwhp stock, not even CAI, I think it was. Or was it 143 hp? I am old so my memory is not the best in the world

you are correct. dyno numbers are great for this type of testing, but they dont really mean much when comparing different vehicles on different dynos on different days. Just too many variables. Heck even two identical cars fresh of the assembly line tested one after the other would most likely produce different numbers just because of the tolerances allowed in the building process. To be the same they would all have to be "balanced and blueprinted" and exactly the same which in the real world never happens

• Okay Kyle D I am getting impatient - - - - - - - I need the numbers - - --- - =O

where oh where will my mod money go?

give me incentive