Supercharged in the Twin Cities

• I’m thinking of adding boost this summer. Based on all that I’ve read I think a supercharger is the right fit for me (probably DDM) but I’d love to see and ride in one to be sure. Anyone on here from Minneapolis/St Paul that’s got a supercharger that wouldn’t mind me tagging along for a short ride sometime?

• Hey there greetings from white Bear lake, the only "local" that owns a supercharger that I am aware off is Phil mniron although he lives in Rochester he is always at most local events.

His SC is an alpha but riding with him might give you the answers you want and it should not be too far off from riding with someone with a DDM.

If you haven't already you should join the Minnesota Slingshot Owners Group on Facebook, we post all local rides and events there.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• ACarl84 If you're ever up in MI or if you'll be at Maggie Valley this year or the Indy Airstrip Attack in Marion IN and want to go for a ride in a turbo version just for comparison I would be happy to let you ride in mine. Hell I would let you drive it if you wanted. If you haven't seen our turbo kit, you can check it out here https://zzperformance.com/coll…laris-slingshot-turbo-kit It's also a couple grand more cost effective leaving a couple grand of already budgeted money for more mods. Food for thought.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Thanks Neosolidus. I’ll try to connect with Phil. I’m part of the group on Facebook but I’m not on there much. I’d love to join some local group rides and events, I have twin 18mo olds so it’s tough to get away for stuff like that. I’m hoping I can make some time to get out and meet other local riders this summer.

• Kyle D thanks for the generous offer, I won’t make it to any big rallies for a while, two little girls take up a lot of my time. My wife and I are lucky enough to get away a coupe times a year at best right now. Based on all that I’ve read I’m really leaning towards a supercharger, but once I get a chance to see one in person it may change my mind.

• @ACar184 a thought...get a car seat for one (at a time) of the cute gals and come out and enjoy meeting the people in the area.... The wives and girls friends will dote over the little one. Cheaper than a turbo/super charger. (the guys around the forum will tell you I'm the "modless" one --- I do have miles.) Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity"

• EjFord Oh believe me, I’ve thought a lot about how to bring one or both of them along for a ride. For some reason though my wife doesn’t think it’s a very good idea...until they are older anyway. It’s a running joke in my family that when they were a little smaller they could fit in the storage compartments

I already have the mod bug, so figure why not keep going. I’ve done speaker pods, amp, shocks, sway bar, short shifter, header, CAI and a few other cosmetics.

• [quote='ACarl84','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7506-supercharged-in-the-twin-cities/&postID=261926#post261926']

Kyle D thanks for the generous offer, I won’t make it to any big rallies for a while, two little girls take up a lot of my time. My wife and I are lucky enough to get away a coupe times a year at best right now. Based on all that I’ve read I’m really leaning towards a supercharger, but once I get a chance to see one in person it may change my mind.

[/quote]

I totally get it. I have a 4yr old son and I’m a single parent. His mom isn’t in the picture. Free time is scarce. My son has been riding in the Slingshot with me since he was 2. Strapped his car seat in put DOT toddler helmet on him and slowly cruised the neighborhoods. Last year we did a few slow cruises out into less populated areas and stopped at a lake side restaurant for lunch. Going out in the SS is probably his favorite thing in the world now. If anything changes and you find yourself anywhere near me let me know.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke