Nightowls Hangout

• Mowed a bunch today... just to not give snakes a close place to my house and shop. Killed two snakes in that area, a small copperhead and a medium chicken snake.

We do have rat snake and king snakes in the area, I leave those alone.

Yep! We have almost 9 ac and I keep 6 mowed short - no place for secret snakes! The other acreage is a wooded ravine, don't go down there much and never in warm months when snakes & ticks are active!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Yep! We have almost 9 ac and I keep 6 mowed short - no place for secret snakes! The other acreage is a wooded ravine, don't go down there much and never in warm months when snakes & ticks are active!

Yeah, this area I mowed today is kinda a shallow ravine, it's not my property, just adjacent, but the owner has never tried to use it or maintain it. It's too overgrown for a vehicle other than a tractor, and even some trees are in the way without getting on my property or the neighbor on the other side.

I mow a bit of the property behind me too, no fences, just to keep the high grass back further into the woods, as well as the pond on the other side that's not on my property, but the owner gives me permission to use and do as I see fit. I mow and cut brush a bit around it.

Even having just 2 acres + a bit of extra mowing, really glad I got a 60" zero turn. Blade sharpening is just so time consuming and it's due, sigh. I need to build a frame around my bench grinder that will hold the blade in place and I can just slide it back and forth to keep the blade angle.

• I am not looking forward to getting home to catch up on mowing next week we have 32 acres and I cut about 11-12 every week. We had 6" of rain before I left and the sun has been out for a week now - gonna be some tall s#@t to cut.

But it is a peaceful way to spend the day!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am not looking forward to getting home to catch up on mowing next week we have 32 acres and I cut about 11-12 every week. We had 6" of rain before I left and the sun has been out for a week now - gonna be some tall s#@t to cut.

it has been a wet spring here. I was out most of the morning cutting in the rain - with more rain every day until late next week, I had few options!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• So got the SS back from the dealer today with 1/2 the accessories installed. Talked to 2 folks to join the forum, 1 of which is a guy who has a warehouse full of N.O.S. parts and accessories for the SS (including a white rear swing arm that I was really looking at!)

Installed: Roof, Windshield, CAI, valve cover, coil cover.

Missing: Wheels/Tires, Shocks, Swaybar, Rear Fin, Hood Hinge Kit.

They put on a set of SLR Wheels/Tires so I'm going to drive those to Huntsville in the meantime. Use theirs for 2K miles and then get new tires!

Today, I'm going to be working on it otherwise myself:

• Finish front and rear cameras
    • Install rear wind restrictor.
    • Install rear belt guard
    • Install front grill guard
    • Decals everywhere
    • Get it washed up and cleaned for Huntsville. It's supposed to rain here the next 3 days so I guess I'm not driving it to work to show off.
  • You know how to make it rain in a drought???? Just buy a motorcycle and start to put the key in the ignition. Or hand wash and wax your favorite vehicle.

• You know how to make it rain in a drought???? Just buy a motorcycle and start to put the key in the ignition. Or hand wash and wax your favorite vehicle.

So, F! It! I couldn't sleep. Gave up about 5am and headed out to start working on the SS. Got rear belt guard, front grill, and R-Shot Mesh WindRestrictor installed.

I have got to give a Shout Out to Lewis R @ R-Shot for the BEST DIRECTIONS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!! Seriously, this came in a presentation folder, color pictures with words and arrows showing where to put stuff, and an already cut out template with a piece of chalk to mark where to put the velcro. You don't get much better than that.

Got the rear camera installed, but I haven't hooked up the front wiring to the head unit yet. I'm hearing thunder rolling as the sun comes up so I may just wait it out for a little bit. Maybe I'll try to get some sleep for a little while.

Oh, and all pics later in the other thread.

• Hopefully all of the father's had good days.

It rained all day here, no Sling to work on right now, I watched movies and played video games all day. Ignored all of the in house projects.

We pretty much celebrated yesterday, went out to see a movie and to dinner. Went to the https://maplestreetbiscuits.com/ restaurant. Biscuits and Chicken for almost everything, and various other things, eggs, bacon, etc. Really good stuff if you have a chance to try it.

I do have another little project that is related to Slingshots, still working on the details and hopefully will have some info soon to show. I should have worked on it today, got lazy, but felt I could today, so messing with it tonight. I have to work 3 nights this week, trying to make up for some lost time for the Homecoming, hopefully will be able to multitask during that (server reboots and upgrades have a lot of down time while you wait).

• Anyone else up this late and lurking on here? I just got off work and not really ready to go to bed.

Dave and I traded a few emails today, finalizing the build and parts. The sling is going to be awesome, just want it tomorrow and not in a month or so... I'm not a patient guy when it comes to my toys :)

I'm also a hands on guy, really wish I was nearer so I could be involved in the build, but will have to do with lots of pics and me tinkering with things after the fact.

Work, I'm very patient and preach it to my peers and customers, but the type of work I do, requires patience, you hurry something, you'll make a mistake, do something out of order, and it will take 10x as long.

• Actual "nightowl" hours .... its a ghost town... how come you ppl aren't awake and feeling chatty when I'm feeling chatty?

Image result for nightshifters meme

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)