Nightowls Hangout

• I agree, I don't ride in the rain if I don't have too. (Yes, I am a "fair-weather rider" - was when I was on a MC too.) But, try lifting the WS a little bit to about mid position and see if that helps some. The wind going under the WS creates a cushion that lifts things over it, sort of like in a pickup truck bed.

• Given the Slingshot's combination of light weight and wide tires, and my own experiences with hydroplaning, I try to avoid riding if it looks like the roads might be wet. Better safe than sorry. I've had my Slingshot since June 2015 and now have over 48,000 miles on it, but I still try to avoid wet roads.

• I've been leery about what I add because of the rain issue. I got caught in a storm in Dallas last Thursday morning and pretty sure my radio is toast. I have a couple of things I want to add on/near the dash that are not water proof and I know what I want to do to hopefully help prevent water, just have to make it. It's on my todo list :)

chavey2, last weekend we were talking about rotors I think (we were both drinking, so go figure), I think we talked about brake rotors... anyway, I can't run any of the big brake kits due to my wheels (I went with 17" and they are all designed for bigger wheels). I did find this kit, it's not a big brake kit, but they are slotted rotors, look good and should help. https://www.slingmods.com/pola…rotors-brake-pads-kit-ebc

I don't need the pads though, already have the blackhawk 5.0 pads, so found the part numbers for the EBC rotors and ordered off of Amazon. EBC makes two different rotors for the SS, an OEM replacement and a sport rotor, and I ordered the latter, cost a bit more. They say that they are directional, but I haven't seen a pic showing the two directions, but hopefully that's just marketing and I get the right thing.

• They are directional. You have two left rotors and one right rotor. The correct combination for the slingshot. Technically, you have two left front and one right front rotors. Look at the slots (venting) and you'll see two rotating counterclockwise and one clockwise. The "arrows" of the vents face towards the front of the vehicle. If you had bough drilled rotors it would have made no difference

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I knew they were directional, and I didn't say this very well, but my question really was if the rear rotor is identical to the front left rotor? Are they the same size, same OEM part number, etc. I know I could look it up, but was curious if anyone knew.

Are the calipers the same between the two?

• Shit, I could have done that... Thanks for the leg work though!

Now I'm curious why EBC has different part numbers for the front and rear rotors. Oh well, hopefully I'll have time in the next few days to put them on. Supposed to rain for the next 3 days here...

I remember something about the rear (I'm thinking) brake cylinder needing to crack the bleeder valve when pushing the piston back in to avoid damage to the system. I'm sure someone else will chime in, but there is something different with the SS brakes that you can't just C clamp the piston back or you will damage something.

• I don't need them, but that appears to be a very nice set for the $$$. I've ran the EBC stuff for most of 30 years on the Harleys I've owned, with great results.

• The front and rear calipers are different. the rear has the e-brake. The rotors (front and rear) probably are the same (I never checked the back side to be sure), but the size of the center hubs are a bit different. The rotor diameters are the same, wheel studs obviously are the same diameter and bolt circle. I'd like to see one of those rotors in person to see what they're using

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The front and rear calipers are different. the rear has the e-brake. The rotors (front and rear) probably are the same (I never checked the back side to be sure), but the size of the center hubs are a bit different. The rotor diameters are the same, wheel studs obviously are the same diameter and bolt circle. I'd like to see one of those rotors in person to see what they're using

The three stock spares that I have are all the same, I got them from your buddy when he went to the big brakes

• Started a couple of mods tonight and didn't get to finish. I'm really not trying to hate on two vendors, but neither of them included instructions, nor had them on their website. This REALLY irks me if it's not a plug and play install. I think sometimes people get tunnel vision and are too close to the project/product and think that anyone can install stuff with a little common sense. Maybe right, but I'm not one of those people.

Granted, I'm pretty technical and know my way around a wrench or two, but the SS is a new animal and I feel like EVERY single mod you buy should have instructions (well, maybe not the gas cap).

bNaidhZ.jpg

What you see is the ZZP new hinge for the hood, the canadian light conversion from slingmods/tric-led and liteyourslingz.com LED lights.

The canadian conversion should have been straight forward, but no instructions, and yes, I know they have a nice youtube video on their site, but we've had thunderstorms this evening and my internet was down and I was on slow 3G that could barely bring up google, and I wasn't about to try to stream. Downloading a PDF on the LED lights from slingmods (not where I bought these), I was getting 4kbps, yes, 4 K!!!

That's modem speeds people, remember the old dial up stuff? and that's not the good kind of 4K we have these days with tvs, but the old and slow shit. a 20 meg PDF took about 10 minutes to download (wasn't a steady 4k, kept fluctuating).

So, it's late, I'm still in the shop, wrapping things up, but with the rain, I can't put the sling back where she sleeps and it's staying put and sleeping with the dogs, just hope they don't try to get in it...

wokka ain't happy tonight...

• Back in the 1990s, I ran a 5-PC home network via modem upstream and DirectPC from Hughes for my downstream connection and we had faster performance than you were getting! Sorry about that. I now have 1 Gbps download speeds for my wired connections and anywhere from 40-400 Mbps for my wireless downloads. The thought of having to go back to modem speeds is not one I would enjoy!

You might want to tell your vendors about emailing their instructions to robert@rabtech.com so they can be added to our forum's database.

• Gas caps need to come with a reminder "do NOT loose" --- I now keep a spare on in the storage box.... been there twice.

• Back in the 1990s, I ran a 5-PC home network via modem upstream and DirectPC from Hughes for my downstream connection and we had faster performance than you were getting! Sorry about that. I now have 1 Gbps download speeds for my wired connections and anywhere from 40-400 Mbps for my wireless downloads. The thought of having to go back to modem speeds is not one I would enjoy!

You might want to tell your vendors about emailing their instructions to robert@rabtech.com so they can be added to our forum's database.

Yeah, I've hinted, will do that again. Doesn't help much when your internet is lousy :)

Gas caps need to come with a reminder "do NOT loose" --- I now keep a spare on in the storage box.... been there twice.

LOL, I've thought about trying to fashion something to attach it so I don't lose my fancy new color one.