Belt screeching

• After years of listening to folks with this ailment there does not appear to be a "one size fit all" solution. Though, I am still thinking that if a belt is clean and set up properly, (per each SlingShots individual personality), then no coating should be required? For example, with the Grasshopper we now operate with a very visible gap on the inside of the rear pulley and tension set at around 0.7" . It is also our experience that the looser belt is more than likely to screech compared to one adjusted nearer to factory specs.

It is also our experience that as the final drive, (angle drive on back), warms up, the quieter overall that our machine becomes.

Bill

• I am thinking that if a belt is clean and set up properly then no coating should be required?

Bill

I agree with this, when I have cleaned my belt the reason why I wipe it down with the lucas is because I have noticed on my black panels the lucas seems to keep the dust from sticking and it stays cleaner longer than when I dont use the lucas interior detailer . I figure it the dust wont stick then the belt will stay cleaner longer like the panels do

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• OK, I believe that I have just learned another lil tid-bit, at least with our SlingShot, where the warmer/tighter the belt, the more it wants to move inward (towards the tire.) This winter with the cooler temps, as adjusted, the belt was running quiet, but yesterdays first ride of the year with the temp in the mid 90s, we noticed a lil squeaking and the belt was rubbing on the inside. This morning after cooling down the gap returned, so I adjusted the belt a quarter turn further out.

Bill

• OK, I believe that I have just learned another lil tid-bit, at least with our SlingShot, where the warmer/tighter the belt, the more it wants to move inward (towards the tire.) This winter with the cooler temps, as adjusted, the belt was running quiet, but yesterdays first ride of the year with the temp in the mid 90s, we noticed a lil squeaking and the belt was rubbing on the inside. This morning after cooling down the gap returned, so I adjusted the belt a quarter turn further out.

Bill

I keep it clean and put silicone lube on the belt. Rarely makes any noise.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I keep it clean and put silicone lube on the belt. Rarely makes any noise.

ever since I made cleaning the belt a part of my regular cleaning the belt noise has not been much of an issue, sometimes after we have a wind storm and I get caught in the dust you can hear it starting. when I hear this I make sure to scrub the belt with a brush between all the teeth and wipe it down with interior detailer and no more noise - - - having removed the belt guard makes this a very easy thing to do

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies