Oficial Slingshot Parts List

• Anyone looking for parts this may help!

http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

Thanks @Nemesis1701 that is very helpful.
    I'm just wondering ... Does anyone know what the difference is between the "low tinted" windshield on the '16 LE (p.n. 5452810) and the "low tinted" windshield on the '16.5 LE (p.n. 5452973) other than the latter is the one that they put on the pearl white and fire blue only
    I'm wanting to change my factory '15 SL screen out and I can't seem to find any aftermarket ones I like.

• Thanks @Nemesis1701 that is very helpful.I'm just wondering ... Does anyone know what the difference is between the "low tinted" windshield on the '16 LE (p.n. 5452810) and the "low tinted" windshield on the '16.5 LE (p.n. 5452973)
    I'm wanting to change my factory '15 SL screen out and I can't seem to find any aftermarket ones I like.

Interpretation: "I haven't found an outrageously awesome deal yet for a gently used aftermarket windshield..." :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• What he said. :thumbup:
    But seriously is there a difference? I would like to install one before SSITS16 but I hate to have buyers remorse when I see someone with a better looking one in Maggie Valley.

• Sorry Bro, obviously, I don't know the actual difference(s) between the two. Perhaps members that own them can post pics & measurements to compare...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks @Nemesis1701 that is very helpful.I'm just wondering ... Does anyone know what the difference is between the "low tinted" windshield on the '16 LE (p.n. 5452810) and the "low tinted" windshield on the '16.5 LE (p.n. 5452973) other than the latter is the one that they put on the pearl white and fire blue only

What I can tell you is the 16 SL LE tinted is about 2 1/2 inches shorter than the stock clear blade for the 15 and 16 yrs. I know this because I cut 2 1/2 inch off of my stock clear 15 blade. I just installed a 16 SL LE tinted on my SlingShot. I am going to cut another 1/2 inch off of the tinted shield to get rid of the distortion on the top edge. Which means the top edge will be smooth all the way across without the notch in the center.

• You just answered my question @FunCycle evidently, from the pics I have seen, the 16.5 does not have the "notch" in the center like the '16's do. Thanks bro,now I know which one to order. :thumbup:
    By the way how are you cutting these and are you able to duplicate the factory finish on the top edge after cutting?

• You just answered my question @FunCycle evidently, from the pics I have seen, the 16.5 does not have the "notch" in the center like the '16's do. Thanks bro,now I know which one to order. :thumbup:
    By the way how are you cutting these and are you able to duplicate the factory finish on the top edge after cutting?

I am using the Dremel saw, I forget the name but the one that vibrates from side to side. Which ever blade you are using do a test cut to get your speed right for easy cutting found my notes I used 18 tooth blade. I taped all the shield on both sides with blue painters tape. Then I took a machinist square and marked my cut line, then added 1/16 inch to the square and marked another line to use as a reference while sanding to help you keep every thing straight while sanding. Also find yourself a socket that matches the end curve and mark the line on the ends. I left my wind screen installed on the SS and covered everything with bed sheets. Take your time while you are cutting and trying to leave some of the cut line. Now to the good part. You will need a sanding block. Now as for the sand paper, you will start with the coarse and work your way to the fine. If your cut is not the smoothest in the world start with the 40 grit on the sanding block, and because of the deep sand marks now go to a 60 or 80 grit. Now you just work your way to the fine. I used 220 then the 320 each on the sanding block. then used sponge pad of 400 then went to 600 sponge pad. if you still do not like the finish can go finer yet with the sponge pads. The first time you do this it might take you a couple of hours at the most, the second time probably 1 hour. It is nothing to be afraid of doing just take your time. I hope this will help anyone who wants a shorter wind screen. Good luck Now would someone move this to the DIY section, I do not know how.

Correct, there is no notch in the top center. If you would like closer pictures, or measurements, I am happy to do so after it stops raining. Just let me know.