SPEEDING TICKETS

• I work in the industrial park @ the Deland airport. Famous for SKYDIVE DELAND. A while back I asked one of the pilots to take my GARMEN up (turned on). …

The other day I was stop for speeding on I-4 in the SS. The officer asked me how fast did I think I was going. I pointed out the speedo on the SS and he observed 220. Then I showed him my GPS. MAX speed 186 MPH. The officer said he clocked me @ 91 MPH. I then told him obviously His radar set needed calibrating. Since GPS logging can some times be used in court... and my GOPRO was flashing ON, I informed him that all the tickets he issued that day could possibly be requeued. He wrote me a warning. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Kiddies, don't try this at home.

• Dark. Very dark. Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story. What created this was, I'm sure you all have come across "how fast does it go, the speedo says 220. Well I show them my GPS and it does say MAX SPEED 186. Those that have GARMENS know what page your Max's are stored on. I just never RESET mine. Holy Crap. Gotta have fun with the SS some times. My honest answer when asked I just say some where around 130. At least that's what I'm told...

• Dark. Very dark. Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story. What created this was, I'm sure you all have come across "how fast does it go, the speedo says 220. Well I show them my GPS and it does say MAX SPEED 186. Those that have GARMENS know what page your Max's are stored on. I just never RESET mine. Holy Crap. Gotta have fun with the SS some times. My honest answer when asked I just say some where around 130. At least that's what I'm told...

When asked I just tell them I have gone 100 and it was plenty fast enough for me - what has actually surprised me is after I have said this on several occasions I have been asked if I was frightened or did it seem safe - - I just laughed and said it was smooth as silk

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have had "Lucile" for almost 2 years. To be honest I feel safer and more confident when driving the SS than the bikes (many) over the years. Was never much of a hot dogger. "There are old pilots and bold pilots but very few old bold pilots" I've been in Fl. since 1984. From Canada eh. Proud to have SAFE DRIVER on my FL ticket. Yes, maybe I have on occasion exceeded the speed limit (nasty rumors) in the SS but I was under parental supervision. 5 horses, my girl friend enjoys occasional outings in the SS bar hopping and going to local strip clubs. Gator National Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway, Orlando Speedway and I-4.

Well it's bike week here and quitting time. Be safe every one.

• Speeding VS Seat belt.....Stopped for speeding (lots of money and points and insurance) --- I'll take the $25 Seat Belt....

In CA motorcycles are specifically named as not being covered by the mandatory seatbelt law

It goes so far as to say for purposes of the law motorcycles are exempt from the definition of what is a motor vehicle

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• In CA motorcycles are specifically named as not being covered by the mandatory seatbelt law

It goes so far as to say for purposes of the law motorcycles are exempt from the definition of what is a motor vehicle

Yes I could have taken it to court.... and Won the fight and LOST the battle..... All the City, town Marshalls, county Officers know who I am and where I live.... Once in a while they tell me I should slow down a little..... I never wear a seat belt and the only tickets I've had in the last 10 years --- 2 or 3 seat belts @ $25.00....

• With states rolling over at a rapid pace by classifying the Slingshot as an AUTO-CYCLE, it's one more way to mandate seat belt usage and higher registration/insurance rates

In Vermont, it's registered as an Autocycle,.. motorcycle for registration purposes only. Must wear helmet and seatbelt. Although seatbelt offence is a secondary offence for now!

When asked how fast can i go my answer is always the same - It can do the speed limit!

I always get a confused look. Most people expect some insane answer.

I say the same thing8):saint:

• Yes I could have taken it to court.... and Won the fight and LOST the battle..... All the City, town Marshalls, county Officers know who I am and where I live.... Once in a while they tell me I should slow down a little..... I never wear a seat belt and the only tickets I've had in the last 10 years --- 2 or 3 seat belts @ $25.00....

Wow that's dirt cheap, seat belt ticket in MN is(allegedly) a $250 offence.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I have 8 warnings in my glove box, I am sure my luck is going to run out. Most the time they only care if I have insurance or what I am carrying. They tell me to slow down and have a good day. One HP ask me how fast it would go, I was like well we both know it does 91 mph LOL. Thank you for the warnings.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• The only time I've been stopped in the last 10 years or so was in Huntsville, AR (about 30 min south of Eureka Springs.) That day, I got 3 tickets on one stop from a cop who was doing his best Boss Hogg impression, reminding me a number of times that "I could take you to jail for this, son!!!." To be fair, I was also carrying and showed him my CCW card, and he didn't get irritated about that - but speeding through HIS town was absolutely a No-No!

Turns out I pulled out to pass in a passing zone, but the double yellow returned before I got around this truck pulling a hay trailer. Seems I also went over the speed limit as I passed the truck - and to top it off, I was in my darling's SUV and she didn't have an insurance card in the glove box. (Yes, we had a discussion about THAT!)

I went to court in Huntsville and got off on the no proof of insurance when I showed the SUV was indeed covered - the other two I had to pay up (about $325 total.)

FWIW, I went to court in a shirt, tie, and blazer - I was the only guy there "dressed for business." Saw lots of down-n-out types there with marijuana leaf designs on their shirts, women with "Juicy!" written across their asses (they were ANYTHING but!) The topper of the day? Huntsville uses the old-fashioned 'zebra suits' for prison togs. Big, 3-inch wide, horizontal, black and white stripes from heel to collar - and none too clean either.

So next time you come to Eureka Springs, watch the speed limits in the little towns, boys and girls!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• The last speeding that i got and that stuck was doing 125+ in a 40 zone The Car a 65 442... It was two weeks before i was being drafted 1965, I had the court date put on a military calendar..

When i came back from Nam 66, Went to court and in full uniform, And the judge a woman fined me 65 dollars and points on my license ....65 was a lot of money back then, My Military pay was 178$ a Month ....The last time i got stopped for speeding was a few years ago...And when the cop came over to me i said to him , Why are you stoping me ?.. I'm only doing 55..

And the sped limit is 50, 5 over shouldn't a problem....And after a small debate with him, Then he said look i'm letting you go with just a warning cause you'er confused....The speed limit on this stretch of road is 35....;)..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I can’t remember the last time I got a speeding ticket but I can tell you when we almost got one. 21 over. Just a warning to slow it down and not one word about not having a helmet on at the Dragon. He was really, really, really nice to us. Our only warning he said.

They said they were told to crack down on speeders now. Normally they just look for crossing the double yellow but they have had too many deaths last year.