Daylight Savings Time

• Daylight savings time used to make sense.

Dads would get home with sun to spare.

Have time to take the kids fishing before dark...

Grab the family and hit the park...

Or just go out for an ice cream...

Time for family, hobbies, chores.

But today...

Phones, pc, consoles, tablets, laptops, youtube, Facebook, Twitter...

None of those give a shit if it's light or dark outside.

Family time means sleeping at the same time under one roof.

Shouldn't be too much longer til weekends no longer make sense.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I wrote my congressman and requested it remain in place as daylight savings time. From my understanding it goes back to WW2 to save energy. Really doesn't seam to apply today. Constant adjust & readjust seams pointless.

After posting I thought, does anyone remember when TV's had 13 channels and at midnight the major broadcasting networks showed F16's flying over the Grand Canyon playing the national anthem. Ending with "And now this concludes our broadcasting day".

Wow, how times changed and so has the need to keep changing time. :)

• I wrote my congressman and requested it remain in place as daylight savings time. From my understanding it goes back to WW2 to save energy. Really doesn't seam to apply today. Constant adjust & readjust seams pointless.

After posting I thought, does anyone remember when TV's had 13 channels and at midnight the major broadcasting networks showed F16's flying over the Grand Canyon playing the national anthem. Ending with "And now this concludes our broadcasting day".

And don’t forget, the stores were closed on Sunday. Good times for sure.

Keep Three Wheels Down

Frankie55 , you're just a youngster! We only had 3 stations and they were all in black and white! My brother and I were the remote controls and rabbit ear adjusters. There was no such thing as an F16 all we saw was this test pattern! Have you installed that muffler yet?

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• How many of us climbed up on the back dash and had to peel ourself off the front seat when Dad tapped the breaks to get you down.......good times :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• We used to beg to ride in the rumble seat in the back of dad's Dodge station wagon! Totally unrelated, but my second date with my wife was a picnic dinner at the local drive-in movie theater - on the hood of my buddy's '57 Chevy! They were not impressed when we rolled through the ticket booth.

But I digress...daylight savings time sucks ass!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• AH - the drive in theater - how many of us got to “second base” their first time at a drive in theater?? Drive Ins were a lot of fun that somehow went the way of the dinosaur. We all cover a lot of ground - does anyone know if there are any still operating ??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• AH - the drive in theater - how many of us got to “second base” their first time at a drive in theater?? Drive Ins were a lot of fun that somehow went the way of the dinosaur. We all cover a lot of ground - does anyone know if there are any still operating ??

I have seen at least 3 in South Carolina. I just looked it up.

There's one about 12 miles from my home. I know of one other one that's still in operation on US 421 a little north of US 50.

I once went 2 nights in a row to see the same movie (Madigan 1968). I still haven't seen the movie8)

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!