Anyone have any info on anything new for the 2020 Slingshot?

• personally I am not sure I like the idea of the Slingshot coming with an automatic. I suspect having a manual transmission helps to weed out less experienced riders/drivers.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I sincerely hope they add a 6-Speed Manual :love:

Why? the 5th gear is pretty useless already unless you are boosted. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• So if the new Corvette is the C-8 (8th gen), then is the new redesign of the Slingshot the S-2?

I would say S-3 ...... 2017 received a frame redesign, bodywork tweaks (fenders, roll-bars, etc.), seats, lights, as well as an electronics upgrade and the addition of wider rear tire, shocks, brakes, and roof options ....

..... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• so sense I have a 2016 that has the small battery but it doesnt have the extra heat shield of the 2016 .5 does that make it an S1.25?

• so sense I have a 2016 that has the small battery but it doesnt have the extra heat shield of the 2016 .5 does that make it an S1.25?

I wouldn't think so... "generations" are usually major redesigns every 5-8 years. Within a generation, there are always tweaks.

I still think that 2015-19 is gen-1.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I wouldn't think so... "generations" are usually major redesigns every 5-8 years. Within a generation, there are always tweaks.

I still think that 2015-19 is gen-1.

From and automotive standpoint you are correct. Generations usually are noted by some type of major architecture change and or body design.

Major regarding design would be all new body panels not minore styling updates.

With that said this is as close to a Gen2 we are going to see for a bit.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Get rid of the stupid fin on the rear deck and put a rear-view mirror on the dash, mounted on a post high enough to see over the rear decklid. The side mirrors have numerous blind spots, and the backup camera is difficult (impossible) to see in direct sunshine and when wearing polarized sunglasses.

• Get rid of the stupid fin on the rear deck and put a rear-view mirror on the dash, mounted on a post high enough to see over the rear decklid. The side mirrors have numerous blind spots, and the backup camera is difficult (impossible) to see in direct sunshine and when wearing polarized sunglass

Here is a representative view showing the blind spot that exists behind the SlingShot when using just the side mirrors

Not even a motorcycle can hide in there?

Bill

• I like mine just the way she is. Rode hard- put way dirty! Soapy and clean the next😎

Repeat...

have to agree, I have never been the kind of person who has any desire to constantly upgrade my vehicles. I bought my Slingshot because I really liked it, and right now I am still all grins and giggles every time I look at it - so whatever this new one offers I will leave for others to lust after and I will just keep riding what I have.

As a side question does the new funny looking steering wheel with all of those buttons have an air bag in it?

• I have a TD Canvas Top and eliminated all blind spots by mounting a 4-panel multi-mirror to the Top's front cross-member. This is the one I used - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006K8VHU8/

Installation Tip - I drilled my top's front frame rail fr the mounting screws. Afterwards, I realized I could have used a stainless steel pipe clamp on each side w/o needing to drill any holes in the top's frame.

Edited once, last by BKL ().