Anyone have any info on anything new for the 2020 Slingshot?

• That is a band aid. I sent that to my friend saying I think we fixed it and just need a little lapping compound.

Lucky that's all that failed! Anyone... and I mean anyone... that runs that kind of HP and doesn't know any better than to put cheap gas into the tank, has either more money than sense or no sense at all. I know it, and I'm N/A.

As for running 93 in everything you have, that is nothing but nonsense IMHO and a waste of money if it doesn't need it. Back in 1998, I had a 1996 4x4 GMC with a V8. I thought, why not run 91? it will be good for it! Long story short, I was lucky. It acted up after about a year, and the dealership asked me what I was running in it. I proudly told them 91, and they said, "This is built for 87, not 91. Switch to 87, with any luck this will clear up." Took about 4 tanks, but it ran so much better on 87. I'm thinking they said something about not burning right and plugging up the CAT, but it's been 20 years so I'm not positive about that.

I now run what is recommended. My 2015 Impala says in the manual it will run fine on 87. It will also run better on 91 or higher, but it's designed for that. I assume it retards the timing to reduce ping on the 87. I'm fine with that, it has over 300 HP and runs great for what I need it to do. My Harley and the Slingshot however, recommend 91 or higher. So, I try for 93 (or highest I can get), as there is likely some 87 in the hose from the last person that needs to be made up for. I have bought 91 when I was really low, and out in the boonies, and had it ping a little before The SS adjusted for it. The SS (mine) doesn't like crap gas, and it (at least for mine) does very well if you just put what they suggest into it.

Rant over. Sorry Kyle, wasn't directed at you. I really try to get along with the troll, thinking he just doesn't know better (benefit of the doubt). Sometimes, even I get sucked in.

• I consider the few extra pennies for 93 octane an insurance payment. To keep my vehicles fueled with the best gas I can buy. Years ago we used 93 in Coleman lanterns and stoves. It was called white gas. It was clear like water, meaning it didn’t have any crap added.

Car manufacturers tell you using 87 octane won’t hurt your car and 93 is a waste of money. They want to sell cars. And you’ll fall for anything. Show of hands if you think they give a shit about your car after you drive away.

I had the same story happen to me with a used van I just purchased. The tank was low so I drove across the car lot to a gas Station and dumped in 29 gallons of cheap gas. I barely made it home. The van bucked and kick like a crazy bull. Now how do you get rid of 29 gallons of crap gas. Spent hundreds of dollars at the mechanic trying to figure out the problem. That was in1992. Only 93 octane since then from nation chain stations.

sorry... Not true at all. Worked in the industry. Your assessment of 93 over 87 is incorrect. Quality of fuel is the same all the way from the refineries through the transport pipes to the terminals. At terminals fuel is sent to brand tanks.

The quality of the fuel degradation happens in the service station tanks and in the dispensing system at said station.

Choose your stations not the grade.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• It may be the same when it leaves the refinery....but who knows what happens in the under ground tanks at the final local destination? There are only 2 grades of gas.... 87 or 93....the rest is a blend of those.....

It’s kinda like artificial sugar.... 87 is like diet pop and 93 has real sugar...I’ll die from real sugar....or like ground meat with more fat....

I don’t remember the gas station now...whether it was an independent or national station..... I do remember I bought the cheapest grade.....I don’t know what exactly corrupted the gas...be it dirt or water or both.....I do know the van ran fine before I bought it.....and after the fill up it barely made it home. I’m sure there has to be condensation in the gas because the tanks are under ground....

I do know when our vehicles pinged or knocked it was either water, dirt or low octane that caused it.....if the timing was right....so we had to put in a higher grade gas.

BP (boron) claimed they added stuff to their gas to prevent gas line freeze....you go in snow or we pay the tow..... I’ve seen other commercials lately for a different gas that claim they have stuff in their gas to enhance this and prevent that.....

I was a faithful BP user until a few years ago when I had trouble with their 93 gas at my local station...my neighbor heard about that too....so I switched to Sunoco. Was the owner playing games with the gas? Different owners now..but running 93 my vehicles shouldn’t be bucking and kicking....the only explanation I can come to is the gas was “doctored” either with water or it really wasn’t 93 octane....I blame the owner. Running 3-4-5 vehicles steady they lost a lot of money from me.

That said there are many abandoned gas stations in my area over the past ten years...independent owners are gone....just big names....now. Exxon, Sunoco, BP....and one big independent....with multiple stations... which I have never used.... I think every big station here is India Indian owned..now

Around here 93 must be pretty popular because at every pump the 93 button has the most wear on it...

• His is pretty tastefully done in my opinion. Not over board and still has the stock wheels on it.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• https://www.industryweek.com/l…ve-mexico-if-tariffs-rise

Placing third in the IndustryWeek US 50 Best Manufacturers list is Polaris Industries is Polaris Industries Its CEO since 2008 is Scott W Wine who holds bachelors degrees in Economics and French as well as a Master of Business Administration MBA in Finance from the University of Maryland
    Polaris Industries CEO Warns US Jobs May Move to Mexico If Tariffs Rise

Costs for U.S. manufacturer could reach almost $200 million.

Bloomberg | May 08, 2019

Scott Wine jokes that he doesn’t want to have to start building snowmobiles in sweltering Mexico.

But the chief executive officer is dead serious about the unintended consequences that higher U.S. tariffs on Chinese goods will have on Polaris Industries Inc. -- including forcing him to consider moving jobs to Mexico.

“We just can’t stand for it,” Wine said in a phone interview Tuesday. “I don’t want a Fortune 500 company like we are to be very vocal against the tariffs and undermine our negotiating position as a country. That said, if it goes to 25%, I will become one of the most vocal people you’ve ever heard on the issue.”

Tariffs, which Wine said have been just one of his top priorities over the last year, became his No. 1 after U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted early this week that the U.S. will boost levies on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods to 25% starting Friday.

Wine said that if Trump follows through on this threat, tariff costs for the maker of recreational vehicles, snowmobiles and boats would rise by $80 million to almost $200 million this year -- an additional burden the company is unable to bear. The tariffs would make it more expensive to procure parts including wire harnesses, stampings and castings. Polaris makes about $450 million of profit a year, he said.

Shares of Medina, Minnesota-based Polaris have slumped 8.2% since Trump’s tweet through Tuesday’s close, amid a rout in global markets.

Alabama Plant

Investors hounded him, he said, for making a decision in 2014 to build a $150 million plant in Huntsville, Alabama, and employ 1,000 Americans instead of lower-wage workers in Mexico. Rival BRP Inc., the maker of Ski-Doo snowmobiles and Sea-Doo watercraft, isn’t getting hit by tariffs because it’s making its products in Mexico and Canada.

“They do not pay tariffs, and I do,” Wine said, calling it “lunacy” that Polaris will be penalized and foreign rivals including Valcourt, Quebec-based BRP will benefit. “I’m paying tariffs because I hired American workforce and I’ve invested in American plants. And I cannot stand for that.”

Polaris also has facilities in Ohio, Wisconsin and Minnesota -- key battleground states in the Midwest that will determine whether Trump is reelected. But some of the products the company builds in Huntsville are also manufactured in Monterrey, Mexico.

“I do not want to do it, but if I can’t get relief, I’ll be forced to think about moving some of those jobs to Mexico,” Wine said. “It is not my desire to ever move a job out of the U.S. We have great employees here, we make great vehicles here, and that is what we’re trying to do.”

By Craig Trudell and Chester Dawson

• If this had been done years ago, there would not have been a problem now. I have said this every since the deal with Japan many many years. We should be charging at least what they (ANYONE) is charging us to import into their country. But all the buying public and the Politicians care about are how cheap you can buy something and the kick backs and destroy the jobs in the USA. They do not care about the future of the USA.

• I reluctantly bring this up, but wouldn't more folks be more inclined to purchase American goods if, for example parts for our SlingShots, local vendors priced them more appropriately where folks would be less inclined to go in search of (much) cheaper products?

Bill

An added note is where things may not always be what they seem on the surface, like who makes the most American made pickup?

https://www.tfltruck.com/2017/…ican-truck-cars-com-news/

Bill

• The difference is cheap. They do not care that it may break in 90 days or what ever the mine set is just to go buy another cheap one. This is the mentality of the American buying public, They do not think that they may be putting an American out of a job, even their family members, just that it is cheaper. Which also brings up another sore point with me. Ethanol in the gas, you are paying dearly for that one. Our government says it is good for you. I RUN THE BULL SHIT FLAG UP ON THAT ONE.

• When I worked in the plastic injection industry we built the entire plastic body for the Polaris ranger. We did some tooling for the sportsman and a few pcs for other quads but we built the moulds and ran the parts for the ranger. We use to chuckle about what we had to do to all the tooling and parts. Every mould had "made in the USA " stamped in the moulding back to put this on all plastic parts. All boxes that the parts were put into also had made in the USA on them. But they were all made in Canada. Polaris had a big thing back then that they were 100% made in the USA . In other words don't believe everything you see or are told. It's all about the mighty dollar

• When I worked in the plastic injection industry we built the entire plastic body for the Polaris ranger. We did some tooling for the sportsman and a few pcs for other quads but we built the moulds and ran the parts for the ranger. We use to chuckle about what we had to do to all the tooling and parts. Every mould had "made in the USA " stamped in the moulding back to put this on all plastic parts. All boxes that the parts were put into also had made in the USA on them. But they were all made in Canada. Polaris had a big thing back then that they were 100% made in the USA . In other words don't believe everything you see or are told. It's all about the mighty dollar

was the "made in the USA" on the box intended to say the box was made in the USA or that the item in the box was made in the USA?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

I remember my dad buying a portable radio back in the late 60s or early 70s that proudly said, "Made in USA" on the side. Trouble was, there was a place in Japan called USA.... and that was before they made good products.

• Weight my brother. He ain't heavy... 1745 max to maintain Mc rules and reg's. Go over and we will pay a SH!T load $'s more and have to deal with stuff like air bags, crash dummies, glass wind shields, doors, A/C, etc. Then we could rename it to Miata. What's the average owner age of a SS now? I would suspect 55 +.

Most of use where MC riders for many years and have gained the driving experience needed to stay wheels down when it comes to emergencies, stupid and inattentive sometimes reckless drivers out there and there's a S load of them. I am personally grateful to Polaris for the SS! I had to sell off my motor cycles due to bad hips (old age) and just wasn't enjoying the bikes like I did for so many years. I suspect theirs's many SS owners paddling away in the same boat.

Justina and I had the opportunity to take out a Mercedes SLK over the weekend and while driving it I was asking myself why, why are folks so bent on purchasing a SlingShot and modifying this motorcycle into something more like the SLK where The SlingShot is so much higher on the "fun" scale, especially with the manual transmission?

Maybe it is a more basic question of why do folks want to take something unique and make it into something just like every other vehicle on the road?

Bill