Anyone have any info on anything new for the 2020 Slingshot?

• Source for Polaris Products Released, Company News.

Subscribe and check periodically for updates. Currently the model year 2020 has only the snowmobile released. Mid - Summer to Mid - Fall has previously been the Slingshot up and coming model year release publications.

This thread is much more than a wish list guys... it could be called marketing research.

Your "wish list" let's the engineers of this beloved product all the way down to the assembly line get excited, YOUR passion for the products THEY build rekindles THEIR passion for the products they build.

You guys should do another group tour. Was proud to see this group show their support for the company and particularly the Slingshot.

My wish list would include something more unrelated to the slingshot build and design...

I would love to see Polaris Huntsville involved with supporting the events and rally's.. as a vendor saling their own aftermarket parts at events or leading a group ride...

Could be excellent advertising and market research.

Their appearance remains incognito... maybe they're there, maybe not. Nobody knows for sure.

A few employees own Slingshots, but they have not ever been to a Slingshot Roadsters Event, etc. I post info at work/ pass the information around and ask every year... " Will you be there?" "Are you going?"

Maybe if there is another tour - you guys could strongly encourage Polaris Huntsville to participate in a more publicized way..

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Source for Polaris Products Released, Company News.

You guys should do another group tour. Was proud to see this group show their support for the company and particularly the Slingshot.

Maybe if there is another tour - you guys could strongly encourage Polaris Huntsville to participate in a more publicized way..

I'd be down with doing a road trip to do a tour.

• Model year 2020 public release is close, the bigger the group, the more planning put into tour,tour guide specifically chosen to represent the product where a groups interests reside in.

I wonder if ivor and rabtech could join a tour, and promote upcoming event in Maggie valley, pitch an idea or suggestion for Slingshot publicity, and Events participation. :/:/

Perhaps give Polaris a demonstration of the fastest of the fast? White slings against Red slings? 😆

I don't mean to derail away from topic. I THINK the slingshot is in need of an old fashioned Church of God, Holy Ghost filled Revival... Polaris has heard your prayers at the alter. We need to support the Slingshot if we truly love it, and show Polaris why they need to continue manufacturing this product. If there is another tour - infect the people with your excitement and appreciation for the Slingshot.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• AMEN! That's the ticket. Hey maybe they could tie up an employee and throw them into an active volcano as a sacrifice to the motorcycle gods, that would be cool.

• AMEN! That's the ticket. Hey maybe they could tie up an employee and throw them into an active volcano as a sacrifice to the motorcycle gods, that would be cool.

Would it help if the employee's name is Joe (after the movie "Joe and the Volcano)?:D

Really doesn't matter what name gets pitched...

The person wearing the redshirt that day is toast.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• It will be interesting to see what does change. The real question will be if these parts can be swapped onto the older SS. Don't expect Polaris to offer these parts as I'm sure they want you to trade in on the new model. They are in the business of selling SS not upgrades.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• It will be interesting to see what does change. The real question will be if these parts can be swapped onto the older SS. Don't expect Polaris to offer these parts as I'm sure they want you to trade in on the new model. They are in the business of selling SS not upgrades.

Good point!

But, you know us...

If only two of seven bolts will fit, we can make it stick!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

Talking about parts....are they like all the auto manufacturers that have to make replacement parts available for 10 years?

Yes, Polaris wants to sell additional Slingshots, but they will be required to supply repair parts, so we should have access to new body panels, etc. Of course, Polaris doesn't need to price any new parts affordably!X(

• Yes, Polaris wants to sell additional Slingshots, but they will be required to supply repair parts, so we should have access to new body panels, etc. Of course, Polaris doesn't need to price any new parts affordably!X(

And when you order you will promptly receive them in two weeks.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Previously in this thread we had talked about getting/using shitty gas. So a friend of mine, whom shall rename nameless, calls me and says “I think I hurt my car.” He goes on to tell me that he was on his way home and low on fuel. And instead of stopping at one of the million “brand name” stations in his area, he goes to Joe Bob’s discount non national shit station making mistake #1. He “Put in just enough gas to get home” and goes on his merry way.

On his way home, he can’t resist doing a roll race on the highway with a C7 Corvette with a nearly empty tank making mistake #2. Walks away from the Corvette but “something didn’t feel right.” He gets off the highway and lets it cool down. He proceeds to get BACK ON THE HIGHWAY to do another pull, just to make sure something was wrong, making him a 3 time loser and his car starts running like it’s on 3 cylinders. And THIS my friends is one of the outcomes from buying low octane shitty discount fuel.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

• I consider the few extra pennies for 93 octane an insurance payment. To keep my vehicles fueled with the best gas I can buy. Years ago we used 93 in Coleman lanterns and stoves. It was called white gas. It was clear like water, meaning it didn’t have any crap added.

Car manufacturers tell you using 87 octane won’t hurt your car and 93 is a waste of money. They want to sell cars. And you’ll fall for anything. Show of hands if you think they give a shit about your car after you drive away.

I had the same story happen to me with a used van I just purchased. The tank was low so I drove across the car lot to a gas Station and dumped in 29 gallons of cheap gas. I barely made it home. The van bucked and kick like a crazy bull. Now how do you get rid of 29 gallons of crap gas. Spent hundreds of dollars at the mechanic trying to figure out the problem. That was in1992. Only 93 octane since then from nation chain stations.

• Band-Aid not gonna help too much. What the hell was he thinking? Is he boosted?

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I consider the few extra pennies for 93 octane an insurance payment. To keep my vehicles fueled with the best gas I can buy. Years ago we used 93 in Coleman lanterns and stoves. It was called white gas. It was clear like water, meaning it didn’t have any crap added.

Car manufacturers tell you using 87 octane won’t hurt your car and 93 is a waste of money. They want to sell cars. And you’ll fall for anything. Show of hands if you think they give a shit about your car after you drive away.

I had the same story happen to me with a used van I just purchased. The tank was low so I drove across the car lot to a gas Station and dumped in 29 gallons of cheap gas. I barely made it home. The van bucked and kick like a crazy bull. Now how do you get rid of 29 gallons of crap gas. Spent hundreds of dollars at the mechanic trying to figure out the problem. That was in1992. Only 93 octane since then from nation chain stations.

The only gasoline i used in camp stoves and lanterns back in the 50's and early 60's was from AMOCO gas stations.....Octane who knows, But it was the only Gasoline without lead.. AKA White Gas...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• is that a bandaid on the valve or some coating I'm not aware of?

That is a band aid. I sent that to my friend saying I think we fixed it and just need a little lapping compound.

Band-Aid not gonna help too much. What the hell was he thinking? Is he boosted?

Rob the Slob I shit you not this is the 2nd time he's done this. Did the SAME THING last year. Last year he smoked the engine and wasn't as luck as this time. He owns a 2012 Buick Regal GS. It's the fastest in the US if not the world pushing about 515whp.

We have only 91 octane around here.

Does anyone use "octane boosters" or other additives?

You're fine on 91. Especially in NA trim. Using any additives is going to be really expensive over time and there will be no gains compared to running 91.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke