Anyone have any info on anything new for the 2020 Slingshot?

• Be careful Trent SCHWINGshot just blew his DDM Supercharged motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying this has anything to do with your situation. But it remided me of something that I have been wanting to talk about....I wonder how many times you hear about a turbo kit or a supercharger kit on any type of engine blowing up and it was just due to the last place you got gas having lower octane gas or having incorrect octane gas instead of the correct octane in the super unleaded pump.

Think about it, how easy would that be.... i know the state is supposed to come by ocasionally and certify the amount of fuel you get is actually correct. And im sure they take samples and carry them to analyze. But im also sure that some stations may only see that guy come by once a year or even less.

So all you would have to do is accidently get a tank of mid grade 89 octane and you might make it 10 miles or 200 miles. Who knows. And you would never think about the gas you got ..

Just something to think about.... and a good reason to listen to your engine and understand what knock and ping sound like. I can hear it and tell when it happens and its so subtle that the Haltech ecu just barely registers it on the log file.

• I have to throw it out there to the HP gods, rabtech and MACAWS. My little Supercharger only dyno'd at 350 HP at the rear wheel. Hummm, not bad for an UN-built motor.

Slingrazor what kind of dyno was that on? Do you have a dyno sheet you can post? I'm just curious what the power curve looks like since we do not have a supercharger kit available and I don't know much about the supercharged kits out there.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• We see this ALLLLL the time. Someone will come in for work or a dyno and we get the car strapped down and start making a pull and it's either a knock monster or down on power from what we are used to seeing. Now the customer has listed he has 93 octane or E85 in the tank so if it is E85, we can test it and check the ethanol content but we do not have what it takes to test octane. The next step is asking the customer WHERE he last filled up. 9 out of 10 times its some privately owned non national shit station that had the least expensive fuel. We end up pumping the tank and fill it with fuel from either the Mobile or Shell close to the shop which is known for good fuel and it's like magic, the knock goes away and power is back up. WHERE you get your fuel from plays a huge roll.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• We see this ALLLLL the time. Someone will come in for work or a dyno and we get the car strapped down and start making a pull and it's either a knock monster or down on power from what we are used to seeing. Now the customer has listed he has 93 octane or E85 in the tank so if it is E85, we can test it and check the ethanol content but we do not have what it takes to test octane. The next step is asking the customer WHERE he last filled up. 9 out of 10 times its some privately owned non national shit station that had the least expensive fuel. We end up pumping the tank and fill it with fuel from either the Mobile or Shell close to the shop which is known for good fuel and it's like magic, the knock goes away and power is back up. WHERE you get your fuel from plays a huge roll.

Past life I worked in the petroleum equipment industry. There are no corporate owned gas stations to speak of. All or most are jobbers that buy the equivalent of a franchise. They are responsible for the maintaining thier station. The drivers of the tankers are also not corporate and should be , by law, logging Fuel drops and into what tanks but little money here and a little there can always get people to do things. Past that you have what are called blender pumps (technically no longer pumps, pumps are located in the takes themselves). And will take 93 and blend with 87 to get you your midgrade. Can this be flirted with... Yes but you risk big fines.

Bottom line is to use a well know national chain like Quick Trip, Racetrack, Kroger or any of a number of large retail chaines that have there own maintenance crew and a do not want or need bad press. Your Texaco, Exxon, shell, or BP are not what you think unless branded to a store chain iteself.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Past life I worked in the petroleum equipment industry. There are no corporate owned gas stations to speak of. All or most are jobbers that buy the equivalent of a franchise. They are responsible for the maintaining thier station. The drivers of the tankers are also not corporate and should be , by law, logging Fuel drops and into what tanks but little money here and a little there can always get people to do things. Past that you have what are called blender pumps (technically no longer pumps, pumps are located in the takes themselves). And will take 93 and blend with 87 to get you your midgrade. Can this be flirted with... Yes but you risk big fines.

Bottom line is to use a well know national chain like Quick Trip, Racetrack, Kroger or any of a number of large retail chaines that have there own maintenance crew and a do not want or need bad press. Your Texaco, Exxon, shell, or BP are not what you think unless branded to a store chain iteself.

Several years ago I was a faithful Boron (BP) gas buyer. Then I started to experience funny stuff while driving and narrowed it down to the gas...so I switched.....I never run cheap gas....always 93 octane in all 5 vehicles....I figure when/if you have problems while always running 93 somebody is doing something they shouldn’t be....

• Agree 100%. The tooling cost for the large plastic panels on the SlingShot are insane. Until this thing becomes a runaway success do not look for any major changes to the larger panels. Smaller ones or parts that can change the look for the lowest cost are what you will see updated. My prediction will be front lighting as the next visual update. Biggest bang for the buck. Still expensive tooling but ties into modern trends with auto lighting and the aftermarket. LED lighting in a modern fully inclosed (aerodynamic) housing similar to the rear taillights. I do hope cleaner.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Past life I worked in the petroleum equipment industry. There are no corporate owned gas stations to speak of. All or most are jobbers that buy the equivalent of a franchise. They are responsible for the maintaining thier station. The drivers of the tankers are also not corporate and should be , by law, logging Fuel drops and into what tanks but little money here and a little there can always get people to do things. Past that you have what are called blender pumps (technically no longer pumps, pumps are located in the takes themselves). And will take 93 and blend with 87 to get you your midgrade. Can this be flirted with... Yes but you risk big fines.

here in California there are basically three grades of gasoline. you have 91 octane and 87 base grade and a mid grade 89 that is blended from the other two. Not long ago I was in Florida at a station that offered 5 different grades and I wondered if all five were actually separate tanks or if all of the three mid grades were blends of the highest and lowest like our mid grade is.

seems to me there is more risk of getting something other than what you think you are getting of it is a blend. Fuel straight from a tank either the highest or lowest should be just that, when it comes to mixing to get a final product that seems like it would be easily to get mixed up especially if one of the primary tanks was running out in not giving the full percentage required to get what is needed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• here in California there are basically three grades of gasoline. you have 91 octane and 87 base grade and a mid grade 89 that is blended from the other two. Not long ago I was in Florida at a station that offered 5 different grades and I wondered if all five were actually separate tanks or if all of the three mid grades were blends of the highest and lowest like our mid grade is.

seems to me there is more risk of getting something other than what you think you are getting of it is a blend. Fuel straight from a tank either the highest or lowest should be just that, when it comes to mixing to get a final product that seems like it would be easily to get mixed up especially if one of the primary tanks was running out in not giving the full percentage required to get what is needed

This is the reason the American Motorcyclist Association is opposed to E15 being sold in Blender pumps allowing the same pump to dispense E10 and E15 fuel. If the previous vehicle filled up on E15, however much E15 fuel is still in the line will end up in the next vehicle's tank and and will be diluted by any additional E10 fuel pumped in or that was already in the tank. Vehicles with more limited fuel tank volumes common to gas mowers, gas-powered tools (chainsaws, blowers, etc.) and recreational vehicles such as snowmobiles, Personal Watercraft and motorcycles, are more susceptible to getting a large dose of E15 fuel with possibly disastrous consequences over time since these vehicles are not typically designed to run concentrations above E10 fuel and could experience failure with constant exposure to additional ethanol from the extra E15 fuel in the pump hose/handle.

• This is the reason the American Motorcyclist Association is opposed to E15 being sold in Blender pumps allowing the same pump to dispense E10 and E15 fuel. If the previous vehicle filled up on E15, however much E15 fuel is still in the line will end up in the next vehicle's tank and and will be diluted by any additional E10 fuel pumped in or that was already in the tank. Vehicles with more limited fuel tank volumes common to gas mowers, gas-powered tools (chainsaws, blowers, etc.) and recreational vehicles such as snowmobiles, Personal Watercraft and motorcycles, are more susceptible to getting a large dose of E15 fuel with possibly disastrous consequences over time since these vehicles are not typically designed to run concentrations above E10 fuel and could experience failure with constant exposure to additional ethanol from the extra E15 fuel in the pump hose/handle.

For this very reason after a very expensive 30 gallon tank full of crap gas lesson .. I never run below half a tank..... that way I’m always getting only half a tank of fresh gas and that will be mixed with whatever I’ve been running. since most of my tanks are 25 and 30 gallons the new gas is pretty diluted with the rest of the tank.

• Ahem, anyone have any info on a 2020 Slingshot?

Sorry, you won't find any verifiable proof of factual statements anywhere until the actual manufacturers of new products is released to the public.

Please read the following: Proprietary information and non-disclosure clause.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I seem to recall somebody mentioning something about vanderhall Motors acquiring the SlingShot from Polaris? :evil:

It appears where Polaris conceived and marketed the SlingShot as a motorcycle alternative, though it appears to be gravitating towards transforming it into more of a car, where Vanderhall starting out with profiling their three-wheeler as "sophisticated" but is now moving into the more roguish motorcycle-like direction? A little role reversal going on here?

Bill