Dash range display

• just curious - are you driving when the display is just reading 2 or 3 or is the slingshot just sitting there parked?

I ask because it would seem reasonable to me that to calculate range you would have to be moving. Range would be determined using speed, rate of fuel consumption and amount of fuel remaining. if you are not moving how can it calculate how far you can go on the remaining fuel.

just wondering

This reading used to show while driving or not

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• Have you filled the tank after you noticed it wasn’t working correctly? Have you driven it since you did the cable removal? To see if it might jar itself loose...

Could be a bad sending unit.....

If everything else fails you have two choices....

Wrap it around a tree or trade it in...

• haven't done either

• This snag has me so perplexed I stayed up late last night trying to figure it out. I have come up with 2 scenarios. Either it's operator error, which I doubt or is it possible the display info or readings are calculated in the display circuitry not the ECU under the hood? If so it could be as simple as a faulty display unit. If the display is getting parallel info from the ECU rather than a com or bus cable with data already crunched, it would explain why the SS running perfectly (all sensors sensing) Damn, anyone have privy to a wiring diagram showing signal description for the dash unit? I went through all the settings and stuff on mine last night and could not duplicate the fault. I got gas and nothing changed as far as the MTG info other than it updated to full tank numbers.

• yes after filling select MPG in display then push and hold approx two seconds

Worked on mine :thumbsup:

ok I filled up pressed and held the button and now the display reads 2 digits a decimal point and another digit example 32.2 also the numbers change constantly 32.2 to 40.5 to 37.5 so on and so on

• ok I filled up pressed and held the button and now the display reads 2 digits a decimal point and another digit example 32.2 also the numbers change constantly 32.2 to 40.5 to 37.5 so on and so on

Question??? the mpg is an average so it will constantly change for a while until you've gone down the road some!!!!

• Question??? the mpg is an average so it will constantly change for a while until you've gone down the road some!!!!

The Digital read out never matched the actual gas mileage on my SS. I normally averaged about 1,500 miles to get an accurate gas mileage. Like when I leave home for 4 or 5 days and do the average when I get back home. For those that have missed this, just a Alpha CAI and the cat delete gave me an increase of 4 mpg (to 34 mpg). This was an honest number checked over about 4 different trips.

• The Digital read out never matched the actual gas mileage on my SS. I normally averaged about 1,500 miles to get an accurate gas mileage. Like when I leave home for 4 or 5 days and do the average when I get back home. For those that have missed this, just a Alpha CAI and the cat delete gave me an increase of 4 mpg (to 34 mpg). This was an honest number checked over about 4 different trips.

And we all know that FunCycle is always easy on the gas pedal >>>>>>>>>>>

• ok I filled up pressed and held the button and now the display reads 2 digits a decimal point and another digit example 32.2 also the numbers change constantly 32.2 to 40.5 to 37.5 so on and so on

after a couple of tanks it should be accurate within a couple MPG

You can do the math to check it . Sounds like it's OK now so what did that do for your Range ? Fixed ?

• nope didn't fix it

Occams Razor [Try the simplest thing first] ..........Turn the key to the on portion and pull the 25 amp radio fuse...Second from the bottom right side of the fuse box, Then put it right back in I know you disconnected the battery once, But at this point what have you got to lose , Two minutes?.....If that doesn't work then its dealer time...:(

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......