Do you like it?

• I do the Frogg toggs too. Seems like you're going to get wet one way or another in a decent rain. Living in a warm climate you cook a lot less in the Froggs than the more rubbery gear.

I just want a good lightweight rain jacket - something that can be worn both in the sling and also out and about that will keep my top half dry in one of our summer thunder storms without making me perspire like a pig - - think light rain at 100 degrees comfort

any suggestions?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yep, found out quick about the Frogg Toggs.

Great for walking, working, vertical positions.

But, once they make contact with exterior surfaces...

Seats, seat backs...

They start wicking moisture inside.

So much for breathable.

Went back to my bike rain suits.

Great gear with vent panels for rain...

But, if the exterior isn't wet, they can get warm.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Having experienced wearing a portable sauna in the Army, otherwise known as a poncho, I have never liked rain gear and just prefer to get soaked! When I rode two wheels, if I expected to get exposed to rain, I usually wore a heavy cloth riding jacket with vents for cooling. On the Slingshot, I wear a light jacket in case I get caught in rain and just get wet. I might get miserably wet, but at least I'm not also trapping the humidity and roasting myself at the same time.

• Having experienced wearing a portable sauna in the Army, otherwise known as a poncho, I have never liked rain gear and just prefer to get soaked! When I rode two wheels, if I expected to get exposed to rain, I usually wore a heavy cloth riding jacket with vents for cooling. On the Slingshot, I wear a light jacket in case I get caught in rain and just get wet. I might get miserably wet, but at least I'm not also trapping the humidity and roasting myself at the same time.

You need to check out

Firstgear

much better than a poncho.

• Having experienced wearing a portable sauna in the Army, otherwise known as a poncho, I have never liked rain gear and just prefer to get soaked.......................I might get miserably wet, but at least I'm not also trapping the humidity and roasting myself at the same time.

That tells alot about where ya live! :thumbsup:

At least it appears that we are coming out of our winter rainy season where there is only one wet day this week! :)

Bill

• No thanks, I'd rather not ride in the rain, bike or SS.

Dangerous enough driving on clear and dry days. Caught in many downpours...two wheel and three wheels.....not fun at all.

Consider me a fair weather rider....but I’ll add this.....today whenever I drive the SS I always have my cell phone on the dash with the accuweather radar up....and my FOBOBIKE tire pressure app.....I’ve actually used the radar to skirt around rain several time....pretty successfully. And the FOBOBIKE has been very handy in a couple serious tire/road hazard situations.....

I consider the FOBOBIKE an excellent safety investment. It provides instant tire pressure readouts....I highly recommend it as money well spent.

I never ride without my phone or my thigh holster...strapped on right thigh beside the shifter....a 6” transition from shifter the holster.

• My problem has never been driving in the rain - in a car or the sling... my problem is "The Other Guy."

Living in the SoCal desert for 30 years, I gained a health respect for the idiocy of other drivers. In a place where you have 300 sunny days a year and is sometimes doesn't rain for months - the roads become really slick when the first rain lifts the oil & crud off the surface --- and the drivers have no practice is wet road driving.

We had two types - the "Granny" who slowed down and wouldn't go over 35 mph - even on the free way. And the Speed Racer types who decided that if they drove extra fast, they would get out of the rain quickly.

I'm back in the Midwest now - but here in Northwest Arkansas, we get snow only 2-3 times per winter, some winters none at all. Drivers here on snow are mostly like drunk pigs on ice - hilarious from a distance, terrifying up close.

Long story short - I try not to drive the sling in the rain around here.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• My problem has never been driving in the rain - in a car or the sling... my problem is "The Other Guy."

Living in the SoCal desert for 30 years, I gained a health respect for the idiocy of other drivers. In a place where you have 300 sunny days a year and is sometimes doesn't rain for months - the roads become really slick when the first rain lifts the oil & crud off the surface --- and the drivers have no practice is wet road driving.

We had two types - the "Granny" who slowed down and wouldn't go over 35 mph - even on the free way. And the Speed Racer types who decided that if they drove extra fast, they would get out of the rain quickly.

I'm back in the Midwest now - but here in Northwest Arkansas, we get snow only 2-3 times per winter, some winters none at all. Drivers here on snow are mostly like drunk pigs on ice - hilarious from a distance, terrifying up close.

Long story short - I try not to drive the sling in the rain around here.

I know what you mean about "The other guy" when driving in the rain in the sling I have found that so long as I am moving I really dont get that wet. The wind screen seems to direct most of the rain over me of into my face shield on the helmet, my jacket gets a bet wet but thats about it - only time I really got soaked was in an intersection that was flooded, A guy in a pickup coming the other way was having a blast going as fast as he could sending his wake over all the other vehicles - - absolutely nailed me, probably made his day

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Drivers here on snow are mostly like drunk pigs on ice - hilarious from a distance, terrifying up close.

OMG that is the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time. I got to laughing so hard. wow too funny. Here in DC its no different. The only difference is that because the roads are so over populated and people are literally inches from each others bumpers that they don't care. They still do the ultimate granny or sunday driver routine, and the fly like a bat out of hell. nothing in the middle.