MeanSling QuickShade pre-order now open!

• Around here it gets to 105 with about a 100 % humidity with the sun still shining. Also I have already been cut - burnt - froze - electrocuted getting rid of skin cancer. Oh! and in doing this I have had two face lifts during the process.

• Not a stupid question but one I will need to think about. Not sure 100% credit could be applied as I would not be able to resale the used one as new. Let me think on this a bit. Hope you understand.

I just installed a top today for a local and he was also on the fence. He went the Sport top direction for the very reason Edward Neal stated. Removing the Sport Top and not having anything visible other than the rear hoop mount is what its design to do. The QuickShade is just that. Designed to be slipped on and off only when the heat makes it unbearable. There functions may look similar at the beginning but they really sit at opposite ends of the top options.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Not a stupid question but one I will need to think about. Not sure 100% credit could be applied as I would not be able to resale the used one as new. Let me think on this a bit. Hope you understand.

I just installed a top today for a local and he was also on the fence. He went the Sport top direction for the very reason Edward Neal stated. Removing the Sport Top and not having anything visible other than the rear hoop mount is what its design to do. The QuickShade is just that. Designed to be slipped on and off only when the heat makes it unbearable. There functions may look similar at the beginning but they really sit at opposite ends of the top options.

The reasonable answer Is obvious BUY BOTH . The sport top for when you know you're gonna want it and the shade for those unforeseen times . Simple

• I said the same thing until I put the top on. I have never taken it off since it was installed.

When we purchased the SportTop I had every intention of only installing it for special circumstances, mostly leaving it in the garage at home. Justina informed me yesterday that she she has grown so spooked about road debris clobbering her that the top will be definitely installed when riding on the highway and maybe, only maybe, the only time it will be coming off is possibly when we are slowly cruising the back roads at no more than maybe 30 MPH or so. 8|

Bill

Thanks for a thoughtful and reasonable answer.

I'll see where we are as the warm weather progresses.

Any chance you will be in Eureka Springs this fall?

😀😀😀

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Thanks for a thoughtful and reasonable answer.

I'll see where we are as the warm weather progresses.

Any chance you will be in Eureka Springs this fall?

😀😀😀

We are planning to attend more shows but unfortunately I got hit with some unexpected medical time off request from my day job. I'm having to balance out the remainder of the year. We will see how that goes.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Hi Ruptured Duck ,

How is the new top for road noise. Does it whistle or flop or do anything distracting. Can the front bar be left on without the fabric top? I am assuming that it comes off. Do you have top for rain?

This is a quick shade design so it's designed for those times you need it when very hot. As such the cover fabric is mesh so you still retain the open air feel and visibility. Yes you can leave the front bar on but it breaks down so easy and stores away there really is no reason to leave it on without the mesh. It's designed for fast on fast off. As for rain there is no rain proof SlingShot top but our Sport Top has been designed to meet those needs if that is what you are really wanting. Please visit our website at http://www.meansling.com to take a look at it. I know people are looking at the price and wanting it to be a less expensive top solution but the Sport Top is still the least expensive dedicated true top on the market.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Stairgod I missed responding about noise. No whistling at speed. The mesh does produce very minor airflow sound as some air passes through the mesh at speed. This is what manages how the air flows over the cockpit and eliminates helmet/head buffeting. No noise making flapping to note but at the center section (rear of mesh canvas between hoops) you will see movement. This is not evedent at the hoop mounting points directly above heads.

I believe in full disclosure. And happy to answer any and all questions.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• yeah, sorry about that. I have a 2021 SL and I have been looking at a top for it. I live is Florida and regularly hit traffic where I sit still or move very slowly. The shade would be nice. Of all the tops that I have seen the MeanSling Sport Top is the one that I like the most. But of course I can't find one new or used. I'll just keep my eyes open for one. There has to be one of them out there that someone is thinking about selling.