MeanSling QuickShade pre-order now open!

• We are pleased to announce that Pre-orders are being taken for the new QuickShade travel top system. This first to market design allows you to run your Slingshot fully open all the time with the comfort of knowing you are covered when it gets hot. Pull the QuickShade from your passenger side cubby and have full shade in no time.

We will be shipping the first orders my the end of March.

$439.00

http://www.meansling.com

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Are the brackets compatible with baker airwings on a stock windshield? The picture looks like there is a fair amount of room between the windshield and the brackets compared to the meansling sport top my buddy has on his ride.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Are the brackets compatible with baker airwings on a stock windshield? The picture looks like there is a fair amount of room between the windshield and the brackets compared to the meansling sport top my buddy has on his ride.

William,

The wings can be adjusted out of the way for when the top is installed but I believe some or a good bit of the adjustment will be lost. Baker has made MeanSling wings that could be mounted to the A-Arms. Whish I could give you a better answer. Very hard to make accessorie work with all other accessories on the market.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• We are close to release. Thought you guys might like to see the instructions. Keep in mind that most of the instructions deal with setting up the mounting system. With it installed and the mirrors set taking it on and off is a snap.

• Went for a drive today and even with temp only getting in the high 60's it worked great. Full sun today and I could tell the difference. It's gonna really knock down that direct sun heat this summer.

I think I have some thermal readings from this past summer when I was in development. Rather nice drop in temp if I may say so myself.

• Hey Patrick Ruptured Duck am curious about the mirror relocation plates - the Sports Top didnt have these is there a reason why they are needed with this QuickShade?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hey Patrick Ruptured Duck am curious about the mirror relocation plates - the Sports Top didnt have these is there a reason why they are needed with this QuickShade?

Inpatient aren't we.... 8o

Our conversation was during a development period and wasn't sure I had a workable (cost effective) solution.

These will be offered separately and will be added to the Sport Top in the future. This will increase the Sport Top cost. Need to see if that's OK or to have it as an option like the struts. It really is a convenience thing. The QuickShade deing a new product allowed it to be added at the start.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Can the top be simply stored behind the passenger seat -- not in the compartment?

EjFord I did a little confirmation test for you. It will fit but has to be stuffed to the outside of the seat towards the side panel. You hold it in place and then recline the seat back. This is with a stock seat. I cannot make the same statement with an aftermarket seat. This is the main reason I list the cubby as the storage location.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• EjFord I did a little confirmation test for you. It will fit but has to be stuffed to the outside of the seat towards the side panel. You hold it in place and then recline the seat back. This is with a stock seat. I cannot make the same statement with an aftermarket seat. This is the main reason I list the cubby as the storage location.

I have OEM stock seats in my 2016. Looks like that will fit and hold the top in place and leave the storage box for other things. Thanks for taking the time to put together this info. I hope it is helpful to others also. Have a great week.

• Ruptured Duck

I'm hoping this isn't an annoying question, but my darling wants to know...

The Captain wants to put some miles in traveling this summer before she decides she wants a shade. I'm a sun fiend, but the Captain really isn't good with it, I know she loves me because we lived in the low desert in Riverside Co. California for 12 years - and she hated every minute of it!

So... if we were to purchase the new Quick Shade and the Captain decided she wanted the larger top, could we send you back the Quick Shade for credit on a regular MeanSling Sport Top? I expect there would be a real time limit on this, even if you are generous enough to say yes.

Personally, I don't want any top (no offense, but I like topless far better!:love:) This isn't about me - it's about making my darling happy and having her in the right seat more often. That said, I want something I can put on and take off when I like, and the idea of a shade I can take off and stash even when on the road really appeals to me!

Thanks for listening to me!

--Doc

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I said the same thing until I put the top on. I have never taken it off since it was installed.

• I said the same thing until I put the top on. I have never taken it off since it was installed.

and I have done the exact opposite put the top on, tested it for about a month and then took it off and hung it in the garage. So far I have put it back on once when it was raining and then took it right back off - going to put it back on April 5th so that the wife and I can go the slingshot event in Fallbrook, my wife hates the sun and this was bought for her. When we return I will take it back off

I am not complaining, this is why I bought the sport top and as neat as the sunshade is I suspect it would not give enough protection from the sides to make my wife happy - the way the Sport Top angles down on the sides really does increase its ability to provide shade over other tops

If you are like me and bought your slingshot for its openness, but there are still times a top would be nice The Sport Top is king - The Top for people who dont want a top - - and it even looks good hanging up in standby mode :thumbsup:

i-tksHKRR-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies