Custom Spoilers?

• See folks? IT'S NOT ME.... the wing arrived and it looks used and has a few small dings. This is the luck I have had with almost every mod.

So I called and I have the option of either swapping it out for this new model, or getting a little $$ returned.

Not sure I like the end caps of the new one, although I do like the actual wing better as it's more sleek.

What are your opinions of the new model? The old has the more rounded end caps, and the new with sharp angles.

• can you skip the end caps all together? I guess what I am really asking is are the ends of the wing itself finished in such a way that it looks good without the end cap?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think there are bolt holes pre-drilled on the wing. Could plug them I guess. But the end caps being painted orange are what is going to actually make this look good for me. There's always a complication!

If you are going to paint them, you cut a new plate out of Aluminum and use what they ship as a template for the holes. Then paint or powder coat to match your color.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I think there are bolt holes pre-drilled on the wing. Could plug them I guess. But the end caps being painted orange are what is going to actually make this look good for me. There's always a complication!

yea, I just checked out the install video on sling mods and it does look like there would be holes,

so, in your pictures I like the new wing better, but the end caps look strange as such I think I would stick with the first wing unless the damage really shows or bugs you so much you cant live with it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you are going to paint them, you cut a new plate out of Aluminum and use what they ship as a template for the holes. Then paint or powder coat to match your color.

I wouldn't even know where to start on finding someone who could do that. And I sure can't :)

• I wouldn't even know where to start on finding someone who could do that. And I sure can't :)

If you could find a machine shop in your area, you could get it done pretty cost effectively. I would think having them water jet out some pieces out of aluminum would be fairly simple for them as MACAWS suggested. Before you send the current wing back, trace a stencil of the end caps on a piece of paper as accurately as possible, assuming you like that shape. When you get the new wing, take the new end cap and the stencil to them and tell them you want the shape of the stencil with a centered hole placement using the new bolt hole configuration. Have them round off the edges and take it to someone to paint or powder coat orange for you also as Macaws suggested.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Before you do anything you should test fit the wing to your sling to make sure there are no stripped threads or any other things that may be wrong with it.

• So do you think it was used/returned or just an accident in packing?

If it was returned, they shouldn't have sold it as new, some states are strict on this unless it was sold as a return/open box type of thing.

I think it came from the factory like this. Not so great quality control. The brackets were dirty but not dirt... some kind of manufacturing dust, almost like sawdust. The brackets are dinged - I can touch those areas up. There is one scrape on the spoiler down to the carbon fiber. Gotta figure out how to seal that.

• before wing/with wing

Did not like or trust the supplied hardware so I ran a stainless bolt through with acorn nuts, cut off the upper tab and added stainless wire just in case...

Dropped my average MPG by 2. That was a bit of a surprise.

• I think it came from the factory like this. Not so great quality control. The brackets were dirty but not dirt... some kind of manufacturing dust, almost like sawdust. The brackets are dinged - I can touch those areas up. There is one scrape on the spoiler down to the carbon fiber. Gotta figure out how to seal that.

That's not good. Did you buy directly from TD or through a reseller?

Jeff Welter just an FYI on some QC. Sounds like it's being taken care of, but you should know.