Tire size increases

• I have the Federal on the rear and really like it. Only get about 7-8K out of it but I like the stickiness and the look. Will probably go with the same in the front with the 215 or 225 50 17 as this seems to be the max width I can go. I have the original tires on the front so16K on them is good but they should have been done 500 miles ago ...

Federal SS-595 Performance Radial Tire - 265/35R18 93W Price: $89.20 & FREE Shipping

(1) NEW FEDERAL SS- 595 225/50-17 ZR17 94W TIRE 2255017

by Federal

Be the first to review this item

Price: $90.00 & FREE Shipping

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• okay - being the cheap bastard that I am I will throw price into the mixture here.

just remember that with wider tires you also get higher prices. When I first replaced my rear tire I looked at going wider and I was surprised how much the price went up with some of the sizes not sure if it is actually due to the size or perhaps the popularity but it really doesn't matter. Just something to keep in mind especially if you are considering going to a wider wheel that would necessitate you stick with the wider tires in the future.

Ed - I am Scottish - nuff said!! :00010166:

• Ed - I am Scottish - nuff said!! :00010166:

so am I Bob - - Originally McNeil's from the isle of Barra

that and a good mixture of mutt

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have the Federal on the rear and really like it. Only get about 7-8K out of it but I like the stickiness and the look. Will probably go with the same in the front with the 215 or 225 50 17 as this seems to be the max width I can go. I have the original tires on the front so16K on them is good but they should have been done 500 miles ago ...

That is interesting where the Federal 595 was on our short list, but Les Swab actually talked up out of choosing it, thus we went with the BF Goodrich g-Force™ COMP-2™ A/S, and, so far, it has been an outstanding tire, especially when it is wet and cold.

(Kenda on the right and unmounted. Yes, they are both 225/45R18 )

Bill

I am almost to 18k on the stock fronts, but I am all the way to the wear bars - I am hoping to get much more out on the Motivo's

got 9k out of the original rear and I am almost to that on the motivo and it is only about a third of the way down which I love - if it keeps holding up the way it has so far I wouldn't be surprised to get 18 to 20k or more which would be fantastic

• I really like the look and price of that tire, but they don't make wides ones in the 18

• I go through two or three 305/45/18 Mickey Thompson ET Street Rs on the rear every season which is like 5-6 months of ride time. Terrible in the wet but damn are they sticky. I also never ride when there may be rain.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Very true Edward Neal

I was in Discount yesterday getting new tires on one of our cars and while waiting, I chatted with one of the salesmen about wheels/tires. I'm pretty picky on the type of wheel I want and it took us 45 minutes to find the one I liked, and a bonus, it wasn't too expensive.

The tires on the other hand, and like most people, I want to go wider. Going with a 18x10 inch rim all the way around, and 315/30R18, the tires were almost twice the cost of the rims. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet, figured I would wear out the stock tires first then look at upgrading, but I have my budget in mind now that I have prices.

I haven't tried the Achilles ATR Sport 2 tires, but I have purchased an Achilles ATR Sport 275/35ZR18 tire as an inexpensive tire to use when I am w/o my Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 rear tire. Both the ATR Sport and the ATR Sport 2 tires are rated 400 for wear so they should get a little more life than the stock Kendas and they are priced similarly, maybe even cheaper. If you can find a wider rear wheel, the ATR Sport 2 is available in 305/30ZR18 from Amazon for $91 w/free shipping. The 305/30 tire is a little shorter than the stock Base rear tire, so it shouldn't affect the nanny systems. Like I wrote, I don't know how well they perform, but they're certainly affordable.

• wjfyfe - we California boys don’t pull the ‘ol girl out of the stable when it’s wet and cold- welll maybe cold :00000436:

• What kind of mileage do you think you will get out of them?? They look sticky too!

• I haven't tried the Achilles ATR Sport 2 tires, but I have purchased an Achilles ATR Sport 275/35ZR18 tire as an inexpensive tire to use when I am w/o my Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 rear tire. Both the ATR Sport and the ATR Sport 2 tires are rated 400 for wear so they should get a little more life than the stock Kendas and they are priced similarly, maybe even cheaper. If you can find a wider rear wheel, the ATR Sport 2 is available in 305/30ZR18 from Amazon for $91 w/free shipping. The 305/30 tire is a little shorter than the stock Base rear tire, so it shouldn't affect the nanny systems. Like I wrote, I don't know how well they perform, but they're certainly affordable.

Thanks, I'll look into it, I'm curious how tacky they are and how they hook up.

• Since the Kendas are 300 rated tires and the Achilles are 400 rated, I'd assume the Achilles will last a little longer, possibly at the cost of a little traction since they have a longer-rated compound.

my Motivo's have a tread wear rating of 560, their 555 g2's are 320

I am not sure of the truth in this, but I have heard that all of these ratings are only really good when comparing tires made and tested by the same company - because the companies all test their own tires one companies 300 might be another companies 400 or 320

that being said Nitto does guarantee the motivo for 60,000 miles and they make no guarantee at all for the 555 G2

as a side note despite its higher mialage rating the Motivo I put on the back to replace the stock Kenda seems to grip as well if not better than the kends did.

• Edward Neal is correct. There is some manufacturer's subjectivity in assigning tire ratings. See - https://www.tirerack.com/tires…ch/techpage.jsp?techid=48. As the article states, the Treadware Grade is best used when comparing the same manufacturer's tires against each other and is less useful when comparing between brands.

Here is the NHTSA's Tires website - https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/tires