Slingshot Rear End Visibility

• While riding in the SS, I am always looking for folks that might not see me and want to pull out in front of me. A lot of people are just looking at the SS or talking pictures and drift over into my lane. So I stay alert while driving. One thing that concerns me is people approaching the rear of the SS. Being the SS is low to the road and some of the trucks are up in the air, I wonder if they can see me at all. My question is, what have y’all added to the rear of the SS to make it more visible in traffic. I don’t want to add a lot of lights on the rear, but I am open to all suggestions. Pictures would be helpful.

:SUNSETSS:

• While riding in the SS, I am always looking for folks that might not see me and want to pull out in front of me. A lot of people are just looking at the SS or talking pictures and drift over into my lane. So I stay alert while driving. One thing that concerns me is people approaching the rear of the SS. Being the SS is low to the road and some of the trucks are up in the air, I wonder if they can see me at all. My question is, what have y’all added to the rear of the SS to make it more visible in traffic. I don’t want to add a lot of lights on the rear, but I am open to all suggestions. Pictures would be helpful.

I think the rear is lit up enough.....Have someone sit in the S/S key on and step on the brake... and you stand behind it and you'll see what i mean.....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

SlingSC,

I'm with you on that. Always looking. Especially scary is the # of people texting. I haven't added any lights in the rear but one added measure is that I try to stop one or two car lengths short of the car in front of me. Don't want to be the centerpiece of an accordion!

The only thing I added to the rear that helps a was a 345-25-20 T1R Toyo Proxes tire. Of course it works well in conjunction to the turbocharger that's been added to the front! They seem to work well together

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I think the rear is lit up enough.....Have someone sit in the S/S key on and step on the brake... and you stand behind it and you'll see what i mean.....

I agree with this, I have been told by people who have followed me that the rear lights/break lights on the sling are very visible even in full daylight

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• As you can probably guess.....I will never agree with the statements that say we have enough visibility...front or rear

People can look at my rear end all they want....in fact it is my intention that they never want to look away from it...

I’ve added these to my rear end.....about $600 worth....

I’ve also noticed lately that ambulances have the brake light blinkers now....

• I have to agree.

as a side note I was riding home last night when I stopped at a light behind a BMW i8 the license plate read "CASHGOD" - - - I suspect the owner would fall under group 2

• Since we brought opinions into this...

Here's my two asses worth.

Having owned the Slingshot for a while, my early opinion was that the very little color from the rear against a massive black tub did little to improve the depth perception of people approaching.

Too many times I have heard screeching tires from behind. Lights against a black tub do little for depth perception...

Short of painting the tub two tone, I added some color with function...

As for look at me...

Yep, see me!

And as for you...

Are you driving a Slingshot?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I also added a rear fender for some color and added depth perception...

Look at me or can you see me....amounts to the same thing if it keeps you from smashing into my ass end...

It works for me...

And this is whats great about the Slingshot - with all of the available mods we can each choose how we want our Sling to be and in the end unless you leave them stock there are no 2 that are the same

• And this is whats great about the Slingshot - with all of the available mods we can each choose how we want our Sling to be and in the end unless you leave them stock there are no 2 that are the same

I would think if you leave your S/S stock...It would be unique..AKA; One of a kind...:D..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Paint is one thing

But shining lights are another, i’ll put my money on lights. Color disappears at night.

If people keep screeching tires behind you i would seriously question rear end visibility.

I know texting and distractions could explain some.