Stability control in cold weather

• I've been seeing my stability control light go off on the dash when I'm riding in cold weather. If I'm out in sub-30 degree temps, the stability light goes off on the dash after riding about 10-15 minutes. I know it's not me, I tend to drive very conservatively when there can be ice on the road (it's that Wisconsin upbringing!) I noticed that if I stop, shut the sling off, the dash light goes off, but will come back on again in just a few minutes. This never happens in warmer weather... okay - I *have* set off the stability control sensor a couple times in wet weather or drifting a corner, but I knew right away what I did!

Has anyone had a similar experience? If this is just a quirk, I don't think I care very much. But if this indicates a bigger problem, I want to get it looked at under warranty.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• That happened to me last winter. Took it in to the shop and one of the speed sensors was loose.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I took Ruby in to the dealer in Rogers AR, going to have them look at the clutch and sensors. The folks at Freedom Power Sports seem very nice, thanks to dangerdarrell for the recommendation!

Of course, its beautiful riding weather today - drove the 40 miles to Rogers Friday in the rain! 😜

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.